Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 09:04   #4996
BANNED

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
Not true to a great extent.
No, it's true. Why did stock market have it's biggest bull market in 2020 till September 2021? Inspite of the economy being locked down?

Quote:
Over the last many years FII outflows have been steady,
When exactly? Over last many years, FIIs have had more inflow than outflow. Except in 2022.
Quote:

We have improved our suspension by tweaking certain laws (LTCG, NPS/EPFO etc.) that has made our rides smoother.
What LTCG law made our ride smoother?
Quote:

Don't also forget that QE will go only where fundamentals are strong. Why QE is not going to Srilanka or Pakistan ?
Actually, when it was pulled out equity, it went to countries which did well on commodities like Indonesia. Lot of it went to US & European debt market also.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 15:47   #4997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
It will be a bloodbath tomorrow.
Bloodbath !! it was quite the opposite today. This is the beauty of stock markets, anyway, bloodbath may happen later but just not today.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 15:49   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Bloodbath !! it was quite the opposite today. This is the beauty of stock markets, anyway, bloodbath may happen later but just not today.
I am not complaining
Old 14th September 2022, 15:53   #4999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
I am not complaining
I took short position towards the last 30 min and holding it. Let's see.
Old 14th September 2022, 16:01   #5000
BHPian

I have never invested in stock market, nor do I know how it functions but I want to test the waters now. What is the way forward? Read articles, watch videos about stock markets then open demat account and proceed? Any guidance?
Old 14th September 2022, 16:31   #5001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhokal View Post
I have never invested in stock market, nor do I know how it functions but I want to test the waters now. What is the way forward? Read articles, watch videos about stock markets then open demat account and proceed? Any guidance?
Other members will give much detailed and valuable guidance but here is my 2cents: start with only so much capital that which you can afford to lose. Incase if you happen to lose intial capital , take a break, analyse and learn from your mistakes. More than all the videos, books, courses , hands-on experience is the best teacher - that often comes with some hefty price.
deetee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 16:48   #5002
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I am sure you will hear from experts in detail. My word of advice - Before you enter stock market, you may check whether you want to be an active trader or a bit passive but long term investor. I believe former needs more technical (?) analysis and needs focused time on market during day time. Latter is more fundamental (?) analysis about the company/industry/future plans and it will also need your quality time but you may do it after your day job. Whichever way it is, please use your analysis rather than blindly following social media analysts recommendations initially which are plenty in internet. Take it as reference and do your home work.
thanixravindran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:00   #5003
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest a few stocks for a youngster in his first job to start systematc investment every month. Time frame >10 years. I have a few on my mind, but would like additional inputs. The idea is to keep on buying a few stocks every month, for about 10 -12k.
Old 14th September 2022, 17:06   #5004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Please suggest a few stocks for a youngster in his first job to start systematc investment every month. Time frame >10 years. I have a few on my mind, but would like additional inputs. The idea is to keep on buying a few stocks every month, for about 10 -12k.
Any reason you are not considering mutual funds? A cheap Nifty 50 index fund, perhaps?
Old 14th September 2022, 17:09   #5005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Suggest the youngster start with a Nifty 50 Index fund. That is all he/she would need for long term goals .
Old 14th September 2022, 17:20   #5006
BHPian

Quote:
In my Opinion, Buy top 15/10/5 companies. divide the amount by the number of companies you want to invest in and adjust accordingly.

Or,
You can go for Reliance, Tata/JSW Steel, Vedanta, Zomato [Very Risky] for the next couple of years. My recommendations are Commodity/Retail heavy.

I don't recommend IT in the current environment. But, you can pick a few here too, if you wish.
Old 14th September 2022, 17:37   #5007
BHPian

Quote:
What is your risk appetite.
What is your age
What sort of income level you are on and how steady it is.
Are you in service or business. If in service, private or government.
What is your goal for saving. Marriage, higher education ?

These are the questions you have to answer to a trusted financial consultant or a knowledgeable friend. There is no one size fit all solution.

Having said that, DON'T TRADE, EVER.
Capri89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:37   #5008
BHPian

Quote:
Assuming you'll do your due diligence - usually HDFC, Asian Paint, Hindustan Unilever etc are considered stable stocks. Personally I would consider them for long term investment. Of course unlike index MF investments, investor needs to be active in checking the stock movement periodically. As they say - this is not a buying recommendation but probably what I would do if I were starting off with fresh for long term investments.
somspaple is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 12:48   #5009
BANNED

Quote:
GO through the BSE sensex 100 stocks, Nifty 50 stocks, observe them for a fortnight with their prices, now decide which is more stable and pick them. Generally FMCG, Fertilizer, Steel, cement, pharma, Automobiles are best
Old 26th September 2022, 12:02   #5010
BHPian

https://www.financialexpress.com/eco...lling/2690273/

This guy predicted 2008 recession successfully. His logic and arguments this time seem very sound as well. One of those guys who does not mince his words and is a sane voice amongst all the clutter.
warrioraks is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks