Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:00   #4846
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
You can apply directly from Zerodha.

Click on your Username -> Console -> Portfolio -> IPO.

Its a pretty straightforward process.

Also, if you are an existing LIC policyholder, don't forget to update your PAN with the policy before 28 Feb 2022.
Hi, thanks for this information. I tried the above link, but it’s not taking me anywhere.
Sorry if I’m a bit naive, but console exists as a link in the Kite App, right? I have two apps from Zerodha—Coin and Kite. I have used Kite occasionally, but not very familiar.
Old 23rd February 2022, 10:11   #4847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi, thanks for this information. I tried the above link, but it’s not taking me anywhere.
Sorry if I’m a bit naive, but console exists as a link in the Kite App, right? I have two apps from Zerodha—Coin and Kite. I have used Kite occasionally, but not very familiar.
The flow I mentioned is from the browser.

But you can do it from Kite app as well. If you click on your username, you will see Console and under that there is IPO.

Right now (as of today) there aren't any open IPOs for you to try and play around with, so you will not see anything. But there is a link for Upcoming IPOs and you can see LIC under that. You can apply from here once the IPO opens.

Coin is basically for direct Mutual Fund investing.
Old 24th February 2022, 11:40   #4848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
what would be best way to invest in the upcoming LIC IPO? I do have a zerodha account, but I’m not an active user at this point of time.
I also have a zerodha account but always apply for IPOs through net banking only as Zerodha requires UPI for applying which I do not use.
Old 25th February 2022, 19:39   #4849
BHPian

Upcoming Netflix series ?

'Himalayan Yogi' In Market Manipulation Case Is Ex NSE Officer: Sources https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/ex-n...ources-2789266
AjinkyaP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 01:41   #4850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Upcoming Netflix series ?

'Himalayan Yogi' In Market Manipulation Case Is Ex NSE Officer: Sources https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/ex-n...ources-2789266
This is part of the 2015 'co-location' scam. Years back when it had happened, it had baffled people. But the yogi angle has now brought the original scam to shame. People talk about NFTs and cryptos to be used as a mode of ML; I figure such complexities are not needed when one has access to easy manipulation as offered by traditional means Not trying to give it a political colour, but since 2014 many 'state-of-the-art' miracles have happened in the finance space in our country.

Not one govt department, I know of, has been left unscathed. SEBI, RBI, PSUs, PSBs, you name it and some or the other big infamous news has been attached to it since then. God knows what all 'miracles' are left to be seen. All this when the indices are reaching the 'mother of all bulls'.
Fuldagap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 03:45   #4851
BHPian

A metaphor:

Cyclone was brewing in the deep ocean. We knew it coming several days ahead. Yet daredevils venture in to sea for bottom fishing. I for one knew fishes aren't going anywhere. While storm rages on surface, fishes swim safe underwater. I for one will wait for cyclone to make landfall. We can safely fish on a bright sunny day.

PS: Exited my positions completely post budget rally.
Thermodynamics is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 11:33   #4852
Senior - BHPian

I have received dividend from ITC today and I find TDS is deducted. Is there a way to submit Form 15H to companies for dividend like we do to banks towards FD interest?
Old 4th March 2022, 11:42   #4853
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I have received dividend from ITC today and I find TDS is deducted. Is there a way to submit Form 15H to companies for dividend like we do to banks towards FD interest?
Check your email. You would have got an email like this:

Do you play the stock market-screenshot_3.jpg

If you have not got this, it means your email ID needs to be updated at NSDL/CDSL end. Perhaps your broker can help.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 11:48   #4854
BHPian

Quote:
You have to do this with the Investor Services department of the said company. Normally large companies send out an intimation to do so well in advance. Some are totally online but others still need physical form submission. If not received any intimation for the same, write to them and they will give you the form to submit.
Old 4th March 2022, 15:06   #4855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to submit Form 15H to companies for dividend like we do to banks towards FD interest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
You have to do this with the Investor Services department of the said company. Normally large companies send out an intimation to do so well in advance.
Is there a threshold for the dividend income below which you can submit Form 15H? Or is the threshold based on your income tax slab?
Old 4th March 2022, 16:30   #4856
Senior - BHPian

^^ I was thinking dividend exceeding 10k per company in a year will suffer TDS and was not worried. But it seems the ceiling is 5k per company per annum.
Old 4th March 2022, 16:35   #4857
BHPian

Quote:
^^ I was thinking dividend exceeding 10k per company in a year will suffer TDS and was not worried. But it seems the ceiling is 5k per company per annum.
No, the 5K ceiling is if you have not submitted PAN details and also some sort of KYC. Don't remember all the docs needed. Been a while that I had to face these issues when I was invested in markets. Not any more. If you are compliant, the limit is 10K as I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Is there a threshold for the dividend income below which you can submit Form 15H? Or is the threshold based on your income tax slab?
No. The threshold is the other way - if the dividend payout is beyond a certain limit then you need to submit Form 15X if you do not want them to deduct the tax.

Last edited by sunilch : 4th March 2022 at 16:38.
sunilch is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 10:44   #4858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, the 5K ceiling is if you have not submitted PAN details and also some sort of KYC.
PAN is already there in Dmat account. The very password to open the Dmat statement the first holder's PAN. KYC is updated periodically by the DP. Also,if PAN is not there TDS will be double, 20% will be deducted. They have deducted 10% for me.

The current ceiling for dividend per year without TDS deduction is 5k. I must have received some email from ITC and overlooked it thinking the ceiling was 10k. I am not able to find it now, so dropped a line to their investor care cell.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 20:10   #4859
Senior - BHPian

Guys I just realised, they deducted 20% TDS on my ITC dividend this time -which is weird as I have furnished my PAN details and my dividend amount is less than INR 5000.

Is there a way to check if my PAN details are furnished?

What else can I do or check here?
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 21:15   #4860
BHPian

Quote:
No, the 5K ceiling is if you have not submitted PAN details and also some sort of KYC. Don't remember all the docs needed. Been a while that I had to face these issues when I was invested in markets. Not any more. If you are compliant, the limit is 10K as I remember.
Section 194 provides for deduction of tax at source on distribution or payment of
dividend by an Indian Company.

The rate for tax shall be 10% and liability to deduct TDS arises if the amount of dividend distributed or paid to the shareholder exceeds Rs.5,000.

For the multiple posts on 15X (G/H), in simple layman understanding :
1. The submission of the relevant undertaking implies that the person who is submitting it declares that his total income for the year will not cross the taxable limit and hence tax should not be deducted at source.

2. As a corollary, assume that a person has placed a huge amount in a FD with a bank and the annual interest crosses 5 lakh. The bank will have to deduct TDS from the interest paid even if 15X is submitted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks