76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2022, 22:33   #4786
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Thanks a lot for the list. I will use these to park funds when not investing.
I think if you just leave idle fund in your SB account you will earn some 3% interest which is calculated on daily balance (after core banking and IT systems) in your savings account. So, why take the hassle of investing in another instrument to create additional data to reconcile at the time of ITR filing? Other than a few percentage less gain I don't see any substantial gain in investing in debt funds for a very short term.

Am I missing something?

Tia,
-BJ
Old 8th January 2022, 08:05   #4787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
I had bought FCS Software Solutions in early 2018 for approx 50 paisa a share.
As with other stocks, I never sold it despite paining me a bit till now.
Suddenly it has become 6 rs per share and seems there's no stopping to it.
Anyone knows what's actually going on?
Glad someone else has this stock. I was in at about Rs. 1 and forgot about it because it did just lateral movements of few paisas every day and come back to its regular price. And then this!
The absolute bonkers price rocketing has me amazed.. It went up even when markets crashed for 2-3 days in a row. There's no news about it anywhere. Kinda wish I had bought more about 2 weeks ago when it was still around Rs 2.
amol4184 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 15:37   #4788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Glad someone else has this stock. I was in at about Rs. 1 and forgot about it because it did just lateral movements of few paisas every day and come back to its regular price. And then this!
The absolute bonkers price rocketing has me amazed.. It went up even when markets crashed for 2-3 days in a row. There's no news about it anywhere. Kinda wish I had bought more about 2 weeks ago when it was still around Rs 2.
I had bought this stock because I knew a bit about the company. However, I always was skeptical about my decision soon after, as the price graph used to be like a digital wave. It used to go to 25 paisa one day and next day at 20 paisa like clockwork. It went on for eternity. Come 2021 boom and it reached back to 50 paisa. I always thought of exiting it but somehow I never did.

Having never sold any stock I have bought, I'm at sea what to do with FCS now.
Old 8th January 2022, 17:22   #4789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Having never sold any stock I have bought, I'm at sea what to do with FCS now.
I guess the question now is does it warrant more investment at this point? I'm always wary of the penny stocks biting back.
Old 13th January 2022, 00:19   #4790
BHPian

Easymytrip planners has announced a 1:1 bonus Link

Its share price has zoomed almost four times from IPO price of 187. Its most profitable year was 2021 when covid hit the travel industry most.

Screener.in shows the numbers to be all over. Their sales in year 2015 was 1000 crores and profit was near zero. Last twelve months sales were 156 crores and operating profit is 50%.

I could not make much out of all these.

Their press release highlights that -

"The Board of Directors at its meeting held on 12th January 2022, have approved and recommended the issuance of fully paid-up Bonus Shares in the ratio of 1:1 out of its free reserves created out of profit.

Isn't the other companies issue bonus shares from the free reserves?

"The pre-bonus issue paid-up equity share capital as of date is Rs 217,290,000 divided into 108,645,000 Equity Shares of Rs 2 each. The post-bonus paid-up share capital Rs 434,580,000 divided into 217,290,000 equity shares of Rs 2 each,”

Does it mean the share price will hold its current price ex bonus?

Finally, is this an opportunity?

Last edited by fordday : 13th January 2022 at 00:19. Reason: added info
Old 13th January 2022, 09:20   #4791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
"The pre-bonus issue paid-up equity share capital as of date is Rs 217,290,000 divided into 108,645,000 Equity Shares of Rs 2 each. The post-bonus paid-up share capital Rs 434,580,000 divided into 217,290,000 equity shares of Rs 2 each,”

Does it mean the share price will hold its current price ex bonus?
No, the share price will open at half when trading resumes post the record date.
Old 13th January 2022, 09:39   #4792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
I own small qty PTL Enterprises too

- Subsidiary of Apollo Tyres
- No operating business, except ownership of a factory in Kerala
- Apollo Tyres pays PTL Enterprises rent for using the facilities
OT (in this thread ):

Premier (Tyres Ltd) was the second best-selling tyre in Kerala during the 70s. Company also had an almost monopoly in cycle tyres (an important mode of transportation in that era).
sandeepmdas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 12:48   #4793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
I guess the question now is does it warrant more investment at this point? I'm always wary of the penny stocks biting back.
On the contrary, I want to ascertain the exit point. Today it has reached 7.20 Rs
Continuous upper circuit for the past several days.
Old 13th January 2022, 12:58   #4794
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On the contrary, I want to ascertain the exit point. Today it has reached 7.20 Rs Continuous upper circuit for the past several days.
Google "Trailing Profit Strategy" (also called Trailing Stop).

That's basically selling certain qty of stocks you hold for every % rise in value. This allows you to bank profits, but also keeps you in the hunt for further gains. Remember that manipulated stocks WILL head downwards circuit-to-circuit one fine day. You will have no opportunity to sell till it is down 90% or 95%.

So 'trailing profit' strategy is the best way to handle such a scenario.

Last edited by SmartCat : 13th January 2022 at 13:05.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 13:19   #4795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Google "Trailing Profit Strategy" (also called Trailing Stop).
The only strategy I follow is to buy stocks when they are 'down' and hold them for 15 to 20 years. Out of these, many years have already passed and have not sold a single share yet, touch wood. Many of my shares have given insane results and I know that they are high quality, so simply holding them back. Exception being FCS which I bought because it was down a lot and I knew a little about the company. Now it has risen so much that I am eager to make an exception and sell it out before it falls due to manipulation, if any. But tough to decide nonetheless and break my original strategy.

There are so many strategies one could read for entry and exit, sticking to one's selected strategy does the making or breaking I believe.
Fuldagap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 21:26   #4796
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone here invest in L&T Infrastructure bonds 2011B series? I have 20 bonds in my Dmat account which matured on 10th Jan. I received a mail from the company during December that the proceeds will automatically be credited to my account on the said date, but no such credit is received. The bonds are still visible in my Dmat account.

I sent an email to the company, for which I have received an acknowledgement number which runs into thousands, and seems I have to wait some time for their reply.
Gansan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 21:29   #4797
BHPian

Query for investment experts:

What are the best avenues other than MFs for someone who can't participate in the markets directly? No DMAT/Trading, No PMS allowed.

In the long run MFs are expensive and Direct investments are the best option to manage your money, is what I have had as experience for over 15 years now.

But now I have limitations. Would like to avoid going pseudo holder route.

Please guide.
Old 13th January 2022, 21:32   #4798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Did anyone here invest in L&T Infrastructure bonds 2011B series? I have 20 bonds in my Dmat account which matured on 10th Jan. I received a mail from the company during December that the proceeds will automatically be credited to my account on the said date, but no such credit is received. The bonds are still visible in my Dmat account.
Try calling their customer care on 1800 2000 400. I had some questions regarding redemption of my MF holdings, and got the answer through this number. Alternatively, visit the CAMS office in your city. They are the registrar for L&T Mutual Fund at least, so probably should be the same for their infra bonds.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 13th January 2022 at 21:34.
Old 13th January 2022, 22:30   #4799
BHPian

Will Paytm collapse , only God knows.
Something is not right.
Be careful, about Paytm stock as investor. Wondering why company even exists at all
navrddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 23:29   #4800
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
What are the best avenues other than MFs for someone who can't participate in the markets directly? No DMAT/Trading, No PMS allowed.
Are you allowed to invest in US stocks? If there are no specific restrictions on that, you can use your stock picking skills in US markets via www.interactivebrokers.co.in or www.vested.co.in

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks