76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 11:18   #4831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Something similar is happening to ITC right now.
You! Let me know when it is going to explode. I read somewhere a person recommending ITC as FD alternative.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 11:23   #4832
BHPian

I want to sell some shares of HCL and buy TCS instead for the same amount. I use ICICIDirect. Normally once you sell, money is credited after two days. By then markets would have moved up or down by then. Is there a way I can use the money to buy immediately? I see something called eATM option which credits money immediately. What is the catch?
Old 9th February 2022, 11:32   #4833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
I want to sell some shares of HCL and buy TCS instead for the same amount. I use ICICIDirect. Normally once you sell, money is credited after two days. By then markets would have moved up or down by then. Is there a way I can use the money to buy immediately? I see something called eATM option which credits money immediately. What is the catch?
I use Upstox and below is how it works.
You get 80% of the funds instantly.

Do you play the stock market-89d40f8c86ac400a8cc419ac9bbb5938.jpeg
AjinkyaP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 12:22   #4834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
You! Let me know when it is going to explode. I read somewhere a person recommending ITC as FD alternative.
I don't expect it to explode. But I have a thousand shares!
Old 9th February 2022, 12:29   #4835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't expect it to explode. But I have a thousand shares!
Let it explode and we will send some cat treat to the mod. No matter what, I am holding on to my ITC shares.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 01:21   #4836
BHPian

Quote:
No catch. They hold back 1% to settle the brokerage and credit the balance of that amount at t+2. It's basically a value added service to justify and hold onto their percentage based brokerage model vis-a-vis discount brokers where charges are flat or zero.
huntrz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 01:22   #4837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
No catch. They hold back 1% to settle the brokerage and credit the balance of that amount at t+2. It's basically a value added service to justify and hold onto their percentage based brokerage model vis-a-vis discount brokers where charges are flat or zero.
+1

I use EATM all the time. Great feature!
Old 12th February 2022, 12:14   #4838
BHPian

Quote:
Not correct actually. In ICICIDirect when you sell shares, you have credit to buy for an equal amount immediately. Only catch is you have to buy on the same exchange. So if you sell on NSE, you have to buy on NSE and the same with BSE. Broker will square off the cash.
Old 15th February 2022, 07:13   #4839
Senior - BHPian

I don’t know if this has been discussed here before, but what would be best way to invest in the upcoming LIC IPO? I do have a zerodha account, but I’m not an active user at this point of time.
Old 18th February 2022, 10:09   #4840
BHPian

Does anyone has an ICICI direct account? If so, have you switched to some new brokerage plan where we pay Rs.299 instead of Rs. 899? These guys keep calling telling me that I am paying too much brokerage etc. whereas there is some new plan where I can cut my brokerage significantly.

They are mostly focused on getting me to sign in to my account and switch to the new plan and I would prefer to know more first
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 11:07   #4841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Does anyone has an ICICI direct account? If so, have you switched to some new brokerage plan where we pay Rs.299 instead of Rs. 899? These guys keep calling telling me that I am paying too much brokerage etc. whereas there is some new plan where I can cut my brokerage significantly.

They are mostly focused on getting me to sign in to my account and switch to the new plan and I would prefer to know more first
It's true. I'm on their lifetime 4999 plan that gives me 0.1% delivery and 0.01% margin. Look at "My Brokerage Plan" under Settings to see the options and decide what's best for you.
Proxima is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 11:08   #4842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post

There are a number of new plans on the site and you can pick and choose the one that best suits you. And yes, there is a 299 plan, though I am unsure of whether it has lower brokerage as compared to your existing plan.
mav2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 22:59   #4843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I don’t know if this has been discussed here before, but what would be best way to invest in the upcoming LIC IPO? I do have a zerodha account, but I’m not an active user at this point of time.
You can apply directly from Zerodha.

Click on your Username -> Console -> Portfolio -> IPO.

Its a pretty straightforward process.

Also, if you are an existing LIC policyholder, don't forget to update your PAN with the policy before 28 Feb 2022.
TheInterceptor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 15:07   #4844
BHPian

Does anyone have Shopify Inc in their kitty? Would love to know what they are doing with it.
Old 21st February 2022, 20:14   #4845
BANNED

Cathie's ARK is getting hammered. Classic case of reversion to mean.

Do you play the stock market-ark-reversion.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks