76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 20:05   #4771
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
For how long this fall could last? Any idea?
I was sitting on some cash for a really long time. I just deployed 25% of it today (nifty, nifty next fifty index funds, and HDFC bank). Based on the past experiences this fall will continue and raise my stress levels
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 20:51   #4772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
For how long this fall could last? Any idea?
The answer to that question in the words of the venerable Mr. J.P. Morgan, who whenever asked what the stock markets would do would reply " It will fluctuate". Never have any wiser words have been said about the stock market ever.
Old 20th December 2021, 21:20   #4773
BHPian

My bets are on that, tomorrow NIFTY will play between 16600 - 16900 levels before going up later in the week.
Old 25th December 2021, 17:30   #4774
BHPian

Requesting a suggestion for my relative who has around 5 company shares in physical format which needs to be dematerialized. Any recommendations for going with Discount broker (Zerodha/Angel) vs full service (Hdfc/ICICI) for this ? Will it help going to physical office (like Hdfc sec) or all Courier with Zerodha also works fine?

Waiting to hear on member experience on Dematerialization with Discount brokers.
Old 25th December 2021, 19:00   #4775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Requesting a suggestion for my relative who has around 5 company shares in physical format which needs to be dematerialized. Any recommendations for going with Discount broker (Zerodha/Angel) vs full service (Hdfc/ICICI) for this ? Will it help going to physical office (like Hdfc sec) or all Courier with Zerodha also works fine?

Waiting to hear on member experience on Dematerialization with Discount brokers.
Broker won't matter. All they need is an account regardless of the type of broker. After that it is the actual company whose shares they are holding who will do the needful. Write to their Investor services department along with some slips for physical to dmat conversion that your broker will provide. These slips will have details of your physical shares that you need to fill in manually.

However, if the holder is a senior citizen with special needs - My family had one such case, then it is better to open the account with some regular broker who has physical agents. This was before the pandemic and the agents visited home for account opening process. Discount broker may not open the account in such cases at times. Discount brokers are all online only with some courier involved and senior citizens may not be comfortable with such setups.

Last edited by sunilch : 25th December 2021 at 19:01.
sunilch is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 07:31   #4776
Team-BHP Support

Hi All,

Is there any instrument that is similar to debt mutual funds in the stock market where we can temporarily park the funds when not actively investing, and redeem and deploy in stocks when needed.
Old 26th December 2021, 09:35   #4777
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Is there any instrument that is similar to debt mutual funds in the stock market where we can temporarily park the funds when not actively investing, and redeem and deploy in stocks when needed.
There are a bunch of ETFs that are equivalent to debt mutual funds.

Equivalent to overnight funds:

LIQUIDBEES
LIQUIDETF

Equivalent to PSU & Banking Funds, called Bharat Bonds:

EBBETF0423
EBBETF0430
EBBETF0431

Equivalent to Gilt Funds:

NETFLTGILT
NETFGILT5Y
SETF10GILT

You can check the long term performance of each of these ETFs by Googling the ETF code + valueresearchonline. Eg: (EBBETF0423 valueresearchonline)

Things to remember:

1) Always use limit orders when investing in debt fund ETFs.

2) Liquid ETFs NAV always stays at 1000. Interest is credited to your account in the form of extra dividend ETFs. Eg: If you invest Rs. 100,000 in LIQUIDBEES, you get 100 shares. At the end of the year, you will have 104 shares (4% extra shares per year). The price will remain at Rs. 1000. However, taxation is a bit unclear. Since price remains at Rs. 1000, capital gains is zero. Interest is credited not as dividends, but bonus shares.

3) Bharat Bonds are very popular among investors. Google the phrase to learn more.

4) Most Gilt ETFs are illiquid. Look at bid/ask spreads before investing.

Last edited by SmartCat : 26th December 2021 at 10:09.
SmartCat is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 13:38   #4778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Liquid ETFs NAV always stays at 1000. Interest is credited to your account in the form of extra dividend ETFs. Eg: If you invest Rs. 100,000 in LIQUIDBEES, you get 100 shares. At the end of the year, you will have 104 shares (4% extra shares per year). The price will remain at Rs. 1000. However, taxation is a bit unclear.
The statement reflects it as dividend declared and reinvested @ Rs.1000. TDS is deducted from the amount of dividend.
Fx14 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 06:50   #4779
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the list. I will use these to park funds when not investing.
Old 27th December 2021, 21:08   #4780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2) Liquid ETFs NAV always stays at 1000. Interest is credited to your account in the form of extra dividend ETFs. Eg: If you invest Rs. 100,000 in LIQUIDBEES, you get 100 shares. At the end of the year, you will have 104 shares (4% extra shares per year). The price will remain at Rs. 1000. However, taxation is a bit unclear. Since price remains at Rs. 1000, capital gains is zero. Interest is credited not as dividends, but bonus shares.
Thanks for the information. One question of liquid ETFs - when will the extra shares be credited? Is it whenever the returns cross 1000 Rs.?
Old 27th December 2021, 21:34   #4781
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks for the information. One question of liquid ETFs - when will the extra shares be credited? Is it whenever the returns cross 1000 Rs.?
They are credited every week, even in decimals if you don't have enough invested. However, most brokerage platforms are not designed to display QTY column in decimals. So if you don't have enough invested in LIQUIDBEES, you will see a credit only after QTY becomes '1'.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 21:13   #4782
BHPian

Can someone someone share some insights on whats happening with suzlon energy, seems to be hitting upper circuit in every trade since a week. Is it a right time to exit? Had bought couple of years back at 13. Currently it is trading at 10.3
BLACKRiVAL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 20:40   #4783
BHPian

Quote:
There was a small cap stock PTL Enterprises with high dividend from your screen that caught my fancy and I invested in it. Last month it split at 2:1 so my number of shares doubled.
While the share price should have reduced it instead zoomed up. I could not understand this phenomenon. Can you please explain?
Old 7th January 2022, 21:26   #4784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
There was a small cap stock PTL Enterprises with high dividend from your screen that caught my fancy and I invested in it. Last month it split at 2:1 so my number of shares doubled. While the share price should have reduced it instead zoomed up. I could not understand this phenomenon. Can you please explain?
I don't know why PTL enterprises shot up like that. There is nothing in the news. But then, it is easy to manipulate microcaps like PTL Enterprises.
I own small qty PTL Enterprises too

- Subsidiary of Apollo Tyres
- No operating business, except ownership of a factory in Kerala
- Apollo Tyres pays PTL Enterprises rent for using the facilities
- No debt, minor expenses, guaranteed annual rent (increased every year) of Rs. 60 cr, huge dividend yield.

It is a bit like REIT in that way.

Last edited by SmartCat : 7th January 2022 at 21:32.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 22:13   #4785
BHPian

I had bought FCS Software Solutions in early 2018 for approx 50 paisa a share.
As with other stocks, I never sold it despite paining me a bit till now.
Suddenly it has become 6 rs per share and seems there's no stopping to it.
Anyone knows what's actually going on?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks