26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2021, 12:47   #4621
BHPian

Re: Deep Industries

Did you have Deep Energy shares before the demerger and now received the demerged Deep Industries in Apr 2021? I am looking for value split between these 2 entities so that I could update Deep Industries cost of purchase in my portfolio.
Old 11th June 2021, 13:15   #4622
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
The helpline executive said its appearing in their system.
Glad you were able to get through and they confirmed all ok

It could be temporary reconciliation and / or some other software issue, maybe wait it out a day or two and, check again at your end for it to show up pl.
If it still doesn’t show up then, speak with Kotak Securities again, and this time take their Kotak Securities customer care email ID and put it on mail for the record.

Also, for future issues, pl ask your RM (once you are able to get through to him, lot of staff facing Covid issues so let’s hope it’s not serious) for at least 2 landline contact numbers (the same one’s which they confirm the deals on, the recorded landline so, you will have 3 contact numbers including his cell), and also the RM’s email ID so you can send him an email to call you back and / or to put your queries’ on record and, also ask for the RM’s boss’ email ID so, in case the RM is not reachable and / or his mails bounce then, you will have an alternative.
Old 16th June 2021, 18:55   #4623
BHPian

A tale of 2 Coca Cola bottles

Cristiano Ronaldo’s removal of two Coca-Cola bottles during a press conference at the Euros has coincided with a $4bn fall in the share price of the drinks giant. That is some sway he has, something the Coca Cola company could ever think of.

Mods : kindly do remove if already available on the forum.

https://mybs.in/2ZfAMOe
sparky@home is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:12   #4624
BHPian

Re: A tale of 2 Coca Cola bottles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Cristiano Ronaldo’s....could ever think of.
Poor Coca Cola! Paying for sponsorship and getting a negative result!

I think the water bottle brand was not seen or else that would have shot up in value. He should have instead drank water from a glass and asked to stop the use of plastic bottled water too while at that.

Next, he should get down from his Bugatti and shun it and drive home on a bicycle and then let's see what happens! (This gives me lot of ideas!)

First the Elon Musk's tweets driving up and down the virtual currency values and now this. What has the world come to!
RavSam is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:38   #4625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo’s removal of two Coca-Cola bottles during a press conference at the Euros has coincided with a $4bn fall in the share price of the drinks giant. That is some sway he has, something the Coca Cola company could ever think of.

Mods : kindly do remove if already available on the forum.

I'm a lot happier with his public action of choosing water than with cricketers or other sportspersons sponsoring cola or similar drinks.

Sports (and sportsmen) should encourage amongst other things, good health and fitness. Aerated soft drinks are an antithesis of healthy consumption.
Axe77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:39   #4626
BHPian

Good on Ronaldo to stand for what is good for people. Coca Cola is a giant that has made Sovereign nations bow down to its whims for profit.

Somehow vast majority of celebs find value in promoting woke culture, are experts at telling us how our govts are fascist and our society is poisonous (which they very well may be, but still).

I'd rather they find it important to propagate good, healthy, sensible, financially prudent advice on living habits. Even during a pandemic, they wouldn't be bipartisan & lay out anything indicative of promoting people to make smart choices.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th June 2021 at 20:44. Reason: Typo.
WorkingGuru is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 20:25   #4627
BHPian

Bit of an overreaction I believe. Only a 1.6% drop in share price. That should get recovered quickly. Usually such ups and downs happen anyway in share price over a month or so.

The valuation was so high at $242Bn that even the 1.6% drop results in $4Bn valuation loss. Chill folks.

Although do agree with Ronaldo's act. Water is more essential to human body than coca cola, especially for athletes. Everyone has their own choice on what is good for them but just like advisory for alcohol and tobacco, one should be there for junk food and carbonised water as well.

Last edited by sen2693 : 16th June 2021 at 20:28.
sen2693 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 21:46   #4628
Senior - BHPian

He can become brand ambassador for plain water
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 18:31   #4629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo’s removal of two Coca-Cola bottles during a press conference at the Euros has coincided with a $4bn fall in the share price of the drinks giant.
Probably a creation of Pidilite shareholder:

Do you play the stock market-e4ffcbvcbah0xd.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 21:29   #4630
BHPian

Question for Old hands:: How do you ofset LTCG tax? I had to clear my portfolio for personal reasons and now face a substantial LTCG tax in coming AY. How can I ofset it? Any investment vehicle that can help? (Similar to what we have for property based LTCG)
Old 24th June 2021, 12:26   #4631
BHPian

any views on ITC - seems to have a good business execution but suffers from perhaps being perinially undervalued
Old 25th June 2021, 13:13   #4632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Question for Old hands:: How do you ofset LTCG tax? I had to clear my portfolio for personal reasons and now face a substantial LTCG tax in coming AY. How can I ofset it? Any investment vehicle that can help? (Similar to what we have for property based LTCG)
You can only offset the taxes if you have had longterm capital loss within past 8 years. You can only do this if you have shown the loss in past tax filling.
There is no other way to offset the LTCG.
It is always better to book profits of 1L in your long term investments every year.
Old 6th July 2021, 21:42   #4633
BHPian

What a terrible day for Tata Motors - 358.2 to lower circuit at 311.5 (albeit for a few moments). Does anyone have any inputs on when this stock may cross its resistance at 358-360?
Old 6th July 2021, 22:50   #4634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
What a terrible day for Tata Motors - 358.2 to lower circuit at 311.5 (albeit for a few moments). Does anyone have any inputs on when this stock may cross its resistance at 358-360?
It may not recover soon, infact may drop further.

Tata Motors Drops 10% As JLR Warns Of "Greater" Chip Shortages In Q2

Source : NDTV

Quote:
the company warned of negative operating profit margin or EBIT margin in the second quarter of current financial year as it expects chip supply shortages to be greater than in the first quarter.

"Based on recent input from suppliers, we now expect chip supply shortages in the second quarter ended 30 September 2021 to be greater than in the first quarter, potentially resulting in wholesale volumes about 50 per cent lower than planned, although we are continuing to work to mitigate this," Jaguar Land Rover said in a press release.
Old 14th July 2021, 13:55   #4635

This is a very noob question, so apologies in advance. Tried to search regarding this online but couldn't understand to turning to the experts here.

During the low prices last year at the start of the lockdown, had invested a total of 5 lakhs in Bajaj Finserv and Bajaj Finance. This was my first and only stock market transactions. Had invested for long term, kind of buy it and sell when it's double after 4-5 years.

But the prices have already doubled.
So just wanted to know is this growth sustainable, or are we expecting a crash soon, and I should book my profit.

As such there is no need for me to sell, so would like to keep the shares, but as a middle class guy such a large increase in such a short time, for no reason which I could find online makes me highly suspicious.

Would love to hear what you guys have to say about this growth.TIA
itherohan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks