76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2022, 20:59   #4876
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindhunter View Post
Should I close my SBI securities account and open a new one at Zerodha or should I continue with SBI securities account. Any other better suggestion would be welcome.
I have one account in SBI Sec. and another one in Zerodha (in my relative's name). Zerodha is much better than SBI not only in terms of saving brokerage charges but functionally also. For example, for buyback, there is no online functionality in SBI Sec. You need to call the SBI Securities executive for placing order. With Zerodha, one may place order online.

My suggestion would be to close SBI account and shift to Zerodha. You may link your existing bank account to the Zerodha trading account.

Last edited by NH08 : 15th April 2022 at 21:01.
NH08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 21:47   #4877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
For example, for buyback, there is no online functionality in SBI Sec. You need to call the SBI Securities executive for placing order. With Zerodha, one may place order online.
Do you mean when companies offer buyback of their shares like TCS did recently? If so, then SBI Sec has the online facility to submit for buyback. I did it for TCS.

But nothing beats ICICI Direct for ease of use, clean and useful interface. They are the best of all.
fordday is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 22:30   #4878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
I might have got the meaning behind the phrase 'who is serious' wrong,
By serious I meant someone who purchases and sells quite regulary, like weekly or so. Occassional buyers are like me who buy here and there in six months or yearly or some ipo even then I use a full service broker. In no way I meant someone who does it professionally.
Old 15th April 2022, 22:48   #4879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Do you mean when companies offer buyback of their shares like TCS did recently? If so, then SBI Sec has the online facility to submit for buyback. I did it for TCS.
That is surprising. I checked SBI Sec website for buyback and then asked its customer care whether I can place buyback order online for TCS. They were not aware of any such facility and told me to place the order through them.

Next time, I think I may use your guidance for buyback process.
Old 18th April 2022, 11:35   #4880
BHPian

What happened today? ICICI bank dropped over 7%!??
HDFC dropped around 4%!?
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 18:36   #4881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
What happened today? ICICI bank dropped over 7%!??
HDFC dropped around 4%!?
You mean INFY dropped 7% , right? You missed TCS then. That dropped about 3.7% (nearly Rs.130).

I mentioned these earlier:
Quote:
..Specifically, Nifty safety net is between 17400-18100. If either limits are broken, it's going to be a large move in the direction. If it breaks 17400, I will cash out my profits and sit tight till the bottom appears solidly.
Quote:
First major corporate results are out. TCS posted their Q4 and FY22 results this evening. .... My own bets would be that we can see some correction in stock price.
However, the correction today is more than expected. This week can be a little volatile with ups and downs. As per my analysis, NIFTY index 'may' retrace upto 17400-500 levels and then drop again. And if it drops again after gaining some lost ground it will go beyond 16500 or even 16000 levels.
INFY may go upto 1535 levels within about a month time. Now is not a good time to accumulate stocks or do bottom fishing.
deetee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 11:52   #4882
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Has anyone subscribed to LIC IPO? Any views on the listing? Will it become a dividend stock given Government's penchant to get dividends out of its companies and will not appreciate much?
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 13:16   #4883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Has anyone subscribed to LIC IPO? Any views on the listing? Will it become a dividend stock given Government's penchant to get dividends out of its companies and will not appreciate much?
I am sitting on the fence on this one - judgement paralysis.
I'm not sure of anyone has a proper way of estimating its true worth (not just its earnings, but including its assets).
Purely on an earnings front it appears overvalued with a massive 200 PE ratio!

I think it is unlikely it will be a fat dividend generator. Last year, it would have generated (i think this was retained by LIC and not distributed) an dividend/share of around Rs.4.
whitewing is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 22:09   #4884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
I wanted to apply earlier. But now, I will wait till this weekend. If by friday market drops further, I would not apply now. Given the current scenario, if all major stocks are going down, then LIC also may see price correction after listing. So, I would not invest until economy shows signs of relief. That is me.
However, if someone is looking for 3-4 years term then its ok to apply , may be not heavily but a few lots.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 23:05   #4885
BHPian

Quote:
However, if someone is looking for 3-4 years term then its ok to apply , may be not heavily but a few lots.
I have applied to multiple IPOs in the past, but shares were not alloted not even once for any of the IPOs and had to buy shares in the 1st week of them entering into market for marginal gains. Any strategy which I need to follow for share allocation at IPO stage itself
Old 4th May 2022, 23:33   #4886
BHPian

Apologies for the off topic post but writing here as the thread is active.

Is the USD going to strengthen more in the near term of 1-2 months? My remittance value from outside India has dropped sharply in the last 1 month due to CHF sliding against the USD/INR.

Any advice? Should I send at a loss now? Or hold, I need to send in the next 30-45 days. Its approx 6.5 rupees loss per CHF currently, and I was at breakeven 3 weeks ago. The downward trend is staggeringly quick.
digitalnirvana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:01   #4887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
I have applied to multiple IPOs in the past, but shares were not alloted not even once for any of the IPOs and had to buy shares in the 1st week of them entering into market for marginal gains. Any strategy which I need to follow for share allocation at IPO stage itself
Under retail segment. oversubscribed IPOs one only gets allocation by a draw of lots.
The only step we can take is avoid excess money from getting locked up during the allotment process.

Ex: check on the last day of subscription, check if the retail segment is oversubscribed- this can be found in BSE/NSE websites,
For LIC https://www.nseindia.com/market-data...EQ&type=Active

As you can see both the retail and policy holder categories are oversubscribed. The total number of investors are not published, but assuming that the number of applicants is more than the number of lots available, no investor gets allotted more than one lot.
Even that allotment would be by draw of lots on the applicants, so allotment would be purely on chance.
The probability of allotment would be the same for an investor applying 1 lot and for applying for 10 lots.

So, one can choose to apply for to ,say, at the most 2 lots to minimize the monies being locked up for 15-20 days.

Note that the above is just a rule of thumb and there are special cases ex: if number of applicants is, say 10% the number of the total number of lots available, and is over subscribed. Then each applicant will get >1 lot. I am not not aware how the excess allotment is done (pro rate/proportional basis).
whitewing is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 10:09   #4888
BHPian

Got half of LIC shares in allotment against the bid. Anyone else?
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 14:38   #4889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Got half of LIC shares in allotment against the bid. Anyone else?
I applied under the policy holder quota. Got 21 shares against the order of 90.
Old 13th May 2022, 14:43   #4890
BHPian

Got 25 shares under retail, had applied for 45. Market sentiments are negative, looks like it's going to be a lackluster listing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks