76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2022, 14:44   #5011

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
https://www.financialexpress.com/eco...lling/2690273/

This guy predicted 2008 recession successfully. His logic and arguments this time seem very sound as well. One of those guys who does not mince his words and is a sane voice amongst all the clutter.
I tend to have a different perspective, there so much money invested in markets and not alternative places to park the money, besides stock markets do not work in tandem with the economy. Best guess recession Q4 2002 - Q1 2023. And then markets will start picking up Q12023 onwards and recover to current levels by 3nd of Q2 2023.
Old 4th October 2022, 09:24   #5012
Senior - BHPian

My Pan card signature and my regular bank signature is different. Will this cause any issue while opening an account with any one of the brokers eg Zerodha/ICICI/HDFC? I understand they need a signature photograph on white paper scanned and uploaded for opening an online account.

Thanks.
Old 4th October 2022, 09:35   #5013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
My Pan card signature and my regular bank signature is different. Will this cause any issue while opening an account
No.

You need to sign the account opening documents in the manner you wish to sign for operating the account. They may seek a declaration of old signature and new signature on the documents bearing the old signature, as part of your self verification.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 16:59   #5014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Pan card signature and my regular bank signature is different. Will this cause any issue while opening an account with any one of the brokers eg Zerodha/ICICI/HDFC? I understand they need a signature photograph on white paper scanned and uploaded for opening an online account.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
No.
Now that the issue is sorted...and do forgive me if I take this thread off topic... WHY do you have separate signatures on PAN card and for the bank?

I can understand that your signature can sometimes change subtly over time- mine has definitely got more mature/less rounded from the time I first used it on my passport as a 14-year old (still have that!) But can't for the life of me remember an instance where I was refused for failing to match. So am curious why yours are so different.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 17:37   #5015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Now that the issue is sorted...and do forgive me if I take this thread off topic... WHY do you have separate signatures on PAN card and for the bank?
The PAN card was signed when I was younger and has a much complex signature and caused me a couple of dishonoured cheques with the bank as the signatures did not match. When I later on opened an account with a different bank I switched to a less messy signature and have stuck to that for years.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 18:10   #5016
BHPian

Quote:
The PAN card was signed when I was younger and has a much complex signature and caused me a couple of dishonoured cheques with the bank as the signatures did not match. When I later on opened an account with a different bank I switched to a less messy signature and have stuck to that for years.
You should update the signatue in your PAN. It will be quite helpful in the long run.

Read more kre here, if you are not already aware about it.

https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correctiondsc.html
Fuldagap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 21:24   #5017
Senior - BHPian

Are dividend stocks such as IOC and BPCL still good buys for long term?
Old 4th October 2022, 21:45   #5018
BHPian

Question to the experts here

Any insights on stocks like CarTrade and Jubilant Pharma? Have been holding these for quite some time having bought at a high price but not sure if it's a good idea anymore
Old 6th October 2022, 07:44   #5019
Distinguished - BHPian

Question for those who trade stocks:

For trades of stocks that are held for brief periods, what is a good way to keep track of these in a way that one has easy way to declare the same when filing tax returns ?

One can get the report from the online trading account, but not all data in the report is required. So which data points to keep ? What is the format ?
Old 6th October 2022, 08:14   #5020
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
One can get the report from the online trading account, but not all data in the report is required. So which data points to keep ? What is the format ?
Most brokerages site give a Tax P & L report which only reports info relevant to tax filing.
carboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 09:41   #5021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
For trades of stocks that are held for brief periods, what is a good way to keep track of these in a way that one has easy way to declare the same when filing tax returns ?
I guess all (SELL) transactions are reported in AIS and the data required will be as per the return you are going to file.
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 23:25   #5022
AZT
BHPian

Just had a horrible experience with Motilal Oswal. I personally use Zerodha but had created a Motilal account for dad. He was holding on to some physical share certificates from grandfathers time and we wanted to De-materialize them. Created the account last year and then it became dormant because I did not submit the certificates or do any transactions.

Yesterday my dad gets a call from some lady saying he needs to deposit 50k in the De-mat account to get it out of dormancy, can withdraw the money after. Dad asked me to call her and she dropped me a mail too from her work ID so she was a legit employee. I kept asking her if I can do this with a lesser amount or just pay an annual fee but she was adamant 50k is the bare minimum needed. Since I was going to submit the physical certificates this week and needed to get the account running, she sensed my urgency. To put things in perspective, the certificates are worth over 20 lakhs and I would have gone ahead with the 50k account deposit if thats what it took to close this out. But, this did sound fishy so I told her I'll get back to her.

I called another Motilal contact helping me with the physical certificates paper work etc. and told him about the dormancy. He sent me a link, I entered client ID, entered mobile OTP, and account was back to working.

I know these sales execs have targets to meet but this was absolute BS making up a rule. They all use company cell phones now with the Motilal Oswal caller tune so I'm guessing there is no recorded line. Just a bad experience that goes in the memory bank.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 22:51   #5023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
whoops. My wife wanted a simpler screener for her stock picks. Anyway, now I have uploaded the old screener back again:
https://www.screener.in/user/28210/

Hey SmartCat, I have noticed that over the years and even recently, you have updated and changed(refined?) your screener.

What are your reasons behind that?

I think currently your Screens have become more stringent. Is it because of the increased volatility due to/and/or the lack of correlation between world and Indian markets currently?

Last edited by Imran.Syed : 30th October 2022 at 22:53.
Old 30th October 2022, 23:06   #5024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran.Syed View Post
Hey SmartCat, I have noticed that over the years and even recently, you have updated and changed(refined?) your screener. What are your reasons behind that? I think currently your Screens have become more stringent. Is it because of the increased volatility due to/and/or the lack of correlation between world and Indian markets currently?
I sometimes make changes depending on how much capital I have to invest. Most changes are minor (Eg: div yield requirement). You can make minor tweaks to them too, if you want to enlarge or shorten the list.

Do you play the stock market-screenshot_3.jpg

Major change I think is adding "debt to equity < 2" - this filters out all the finance companies and banks. If I look at my 20 years performance, most of my investing mistakes are from the financial sector. I don't ever intend to buy any NBFC/Banking stock and will slowly jettison the legacy stocks.
SmartCat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 23:36   #5025
Senior - BHPian

^^ I am unable to view the screener nowadays. Can you post a fresh link please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks