Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2016, 13:14   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

US B1/B2 visa. I have planned to get a new passport (change of address) in a few months. How does the validity of the US Visa work? Is there anything I need to get changed on the visa? Or - reapply?
Old 20th April 2016, 13:56   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
US B1/B2 visa. I have planned to get a new passport (change of address) in a few months. How does the validity of the US Visa work? Is there anything I need to get changed on the visa? Or - reapply?

I am in a similar situation when my passport expired!
You don't have to do anything. It is enough that you carry your old passport with you when you travel as the visa will be valid till till it's expiry date irrespective of the passport.
Old 20th April 2016, 15:48   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
I am in a similar situation when my passport expired!
You don't have to do anything. It is enough that you carry your old passport with you when you travel as the visa will be valid till till it's expiry date irrespective of the passport.
Thanks for clearing that up. Much appreciated.
Old 19th May 2016, 17:45   #259

Query regarding B2 tourist Visa for US.

I am planning a trip to US for leisure. I have no family tie there but do have friends there. I was going through the documents required for applying VISA and it was seen many places that Office at consulate might be interested to see the family tie-up and prove that we need to show photos.

Does this means if you have no friends no family in US, you can't travel there ? Is getting simple tourist VISA is that difficult for US ?
Old 19th May 2016, 18:25   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive&Smile View Post
Query regarding B2 tourist Visa for US.

I am planning a trip to US for leisure. I have no family tie there but do have friends there. I was going through the documents required for applying VISA and it was seen many places that Office at consulate might be interested to see the family tie-up and prove that we need to show photos.

Does this means if you have no friends no family in US, you can't travel there ? Is getting simple tourist VISA is that difficult for US ?
Not really.. You can always have a tourist Visa provided you have
1. Funds to sponsor your travel
2. Return tickets
3. Hotel and other necessary bookings
4. Travel Itinerary
5. A good intent to return back and not overstay.

Last point is very important.

That should be enough for the officers to get convinced, not to miss, being and sounding genuine.
Old 19th May 2016, 19:46   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
5. A good intent to return back and not overstay.

Last point is very important.

That should be enough for the officers to get convinced, not to miss, being and sounding genuine.
Can you elaborate on the last point please. What type of proofs may be required ?
Old 19th May 2016, 20:30   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive&Smile View Post
Can you elaborate on the last point please. What type of proofs may be required ?
Google is your friend.

It's called "Ties to your home country".

https://www.quora.com/How-can-you-pr...r-a-B1-B2-visa

Here's an intriguing US official's explanation with not much actual information, watch it only if you know Hindi/Urdu.

Old 22nd May 2016, 21:14   #263
Senior - BHPian

Dear all,

I would be travelling to Schengen area in EU for a business assignment.
I would like to take my spouse and child along with me as part of the trip.

My Visa would be sponsered by my employer.

However, for my wife, what kind of Visa would be required?
Is there a provision to indicate to the Consulate authorities that she is travelling with me and that i am on a business visit?

Do i need to indicate the same in My Visa application or hers or both?

Any other points to take care of?

regards

Last edited by DCEite : 22nd May 2016 at 21:20.
Old 15th July 2016, 16:30   #264
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I will be applying for Schengen tourist visa in a couple of weeks. My port of entry/exit is Paris but I will be spending only 2 days in France. The maximum no of days of stay will be 10 days in Iceland. In this case, which embassy should I approach first? France or Iceland?

Also with terrorist attacks on a rise in Paris, I am worried about getting a visa through France (multiple entry visa).
Old 15th July 2016, 18:18   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I will be applying for Schengen tourist visa in a couple of weeks. My port of entry/exit is Paris but I will be spending only 2 days in France. The maximum no of days of stay will be 10 days in Iceland. In this case, which embassy should I approach first? France or Iceland?

Also with terrorist attacks on a rise in Paris, I am worried about getting a visa through France (multiple entry visa).
As far as I understand you should get the visa from the embassy of the country you are landing in first, irrespective of the duration of stay
Old 15th July 2016, 18:50   #266
BHPian

Quote:

You should apply through Iceland (Danish embassy), since you spend the most time there.

Also, if this your first Schengen, doubt they will give you a multiple entry.
Old 15th July 2016, 19:17   #267
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
As far as I understand you should get the visa from the embassy of the country you are landing in first, irrespective of the duration of stay
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
You should apply through Iceland (Danish embassy), since you spend the most time there.

Also, if this your first Schengen, doubt they will give you a multiple entry.
Thank You for your replies.

Most people have shared both opinions so I am still confused which one will be the right process.

This will be my first Schengen. I will be reaching Paris and spending a day there, then will leave for Iceland, Netherlands, Czech Republic and then I would return back to Paris, stay for a day and catch my return flight. Does this mean I will need a multiple entry visa for France?
Old 15th July 2016, 20:22   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You for your replies.

Most people have shared both opinions so I am still confused which one will be the right process.

This will be my first Schengen. I will be reaching Paris and spending a day there, then will leave for Iceland, Netherlands, Czech Republic and then I would return back to Paris, stay for a day and catch my return flight. Does this mean I will need a multiple entry visa for France?
This is off the internet

In cases where the applicant will be traveling to one and only one Schengen country, the applicant has to apply at the appropriate embassy/consulate of the certain country.
If the applicant is planning to visit two or more Schengen countries, it is highly recommended to be applying for the visa in the embassy/consulate of the country you will be residing in for most of the traveling days, referred to as the main destination.
In case there is no main destination but just a random visit to several Schengen countries, the applicant has to apply for the visa in the embassy/consulate on the first Schengen country he/she will enter according to the itinerary.

Also the visa is for Schengen region and not a particular country. So your only entry is at CDG and the only exit is when you fly back to India. So a single entry is needed.
Old 15th July 2016, 21:12   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
However, for my wife, what kind of Visa would be required?
Is there a provision to indicate to the Consulate authorities that she is travelling with me and that i am on a business visit?
There is no need to mention about your business visit applying for your wife. You have to show the finances for her stay and the place of stay (which should be the same as yours). Apart from this return tickets and anything to prove she'll return (if she's working an employment letter would do)

Quote:
My port of entry/exit is Paris but I will be spending only 2 days in France. The maximum no of days of stay will be 10 days in Iceland. In this case, which embassy should I approach first? France or Iceland?
Go with the Iceland consulate where you'll spend the most time and where most of your stay is.

Once you are past the Schengen immigration, they really don't care where you are going. Even the post-terrorist attack days, there were just additional security checks and at the most a basic passport check. There will not be any immigration check once you clear at the Schengen entry point and do not exit the Schengen region.

I got multiple entry business visa on my first Schengen, so did my mother in law when she visited us (she didn't have any visa on her passport until then and we applied for close to 90 days). Mine was for 45 days and I had a family emergency the week I landed had to come back to India and return 10 days later, so the multiple entry was of use then.

Otherwise for a totally 12 day trip, it really makes no sense for a multiple entry as I see no evidence of entry/exits out of Schengen territory in your case.
Old 5th August 2016, 12:14   #270
BHPian

I applied for a US B1/B2 visa. Had the invitation letter and the relevant documents handy for the interview. The VO asked for the invitation letter and why I was going. I explained about the project and the purpose. I was asked for my CV, which I did not have. Understandably the VO retained my passport and said I will be contacted to complete some administrative processes. The did receive an email from them within an hour asking me to submit soft copy of the invitation letter, my CV and the countries I visited in the last 10 years. I attached the former 2 but I could only recollect some part of the countries I visited in the last 10 years and mentioned that the information is in the passport that they have and I do not have the information elsewhere. Sent the information a week ago but no reply yet nor is the tracking enabled.

Any ideas how long this takes? What is the purpose of retaining the passport?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks