Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 17:27   #1
BHPian

Tatkaal application for passport

Hello all,

Does anyone here have experience applying for passport under tatkaal scheme. There is a affidavit Annexure "I" that is required under Tatkaal. Should this be on a stamp paper and notorised?

Thanks

Nirmal
Old 15th July 2008, 17:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nirmalts,

Sam just got his passport done a few days back. And in tatkal - he should be able to help you totally. try and mail him.
Old 15th July 2008, 17:34   #3
BHPian

Yes annexure "I" is to be prepared on a stamp paper and notorised.

Put in another application for collecting the passport by hand (say you have to go abroad immediately). Your passport will be given on the third day or else you will have to wait atleast a week or even more.
Old 15th July 2008, 18:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR-V View Post
Yes annexure "I" is to be prepared on a stamp paper and notorised.

Put in another application for collecting the passport by hand (say you have to go abroad immediately). Your passport will be given on the third day or else you will have to wait atleast a week or even more.
Thanks guys.

The passport is for my 2 year old son. There is another Annexure "F" (verification certificate) required for tatkal. Do you think this is required in the case of a minor? Normally, there is no police verification for a minor, if parents hold passport.

Also is a proof required to show why the passport is urgent?

All enquiry lines at Bangalore passport office are down. Do you think I can drop in to the equiry section and ask these questions? I have never been to passport office in Bangalore and dont know how things work there,

Nirmal
Old 15th July 2008, 18:53   #5
BHPian

No proof is required as in why the passport is needed urgent, just a hand written application should do. In which any reason can be stated, best being going abroad immediately. No one will ask any questions.

In my case annexure"f" was on the letter head of a army officier and solved the purpose.
Though its true that no police verification is needed if father and mother passport's are made on the same address and have ECNR status on them. (Though you never know as these guys keep changing the rules every month, but this was it when I checked last).

Last edited by CR-V : 15th July 2008 at 18:57.
Old 15th July 2008, 18:59   #6
BHPian

Hi Nirmal,

The Karnataka Govt Passport website has further details on this.
Tatkaal Scheme
Old 15th July 2008, 19:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
No proof is required as in why the passport is needed urgent, just a hand written application should do. In which any reason can be stated, best being going abroad immediately. No one will ask any questions.
Thanks CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Hi Nirmal,

The Karnataka Govt Passport website has further details on this.
Tatkaal Scheme
The page talks about Tatkaal in general. Not really tatkaal for minors :(

Annexure "F" is something like this:

"This is to certify that Sh./Smt./Kum. ……………………….. son of/wife of/daughter of …………………. whose personal particulars are given below has good moral character and reputation and that after having read the provisions of Section 6(2) of the Passports Act, 1967. I certify that these provisions are not attracted in case of this applicant and I, recommend issue of an Indian Passport to him/her. Applicant has been staying at his/her address continuously for the last one year"

I dont know if it is time to certify the character of a 2 year old Since no exceptions has been mentioned for minors, I guess I should assume that this report is required

Nirmal
Old 15th July 2008, 19:16   #8
BHPian

Actually it is required, but has to be signed by the parent and finger imprint of the child. You can cross check with the regional officer again.(Its always good to meet your regional officier so that he is fimaliriar with your face and will process you application faster, all your papers will finaly checked and signed by him only and so will be your passport )

Also check if online registration is requried for tatkal. (Its like you get a token number online and then go to the passport office.)

Last edited by CR-V : 15th July 2008 at 19:17.
Old 15th July 2008, 19:21   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Actually it is required, but has to be signed by the parent and finger imprint of the child. You can cross check with the regional officer again.(Its always good to meet your regional officier so that he is fimaliriar with your face and will process you application faster, all your papers will finaly checked and signed by him only and so will be your passport )

Also check if online registration is requried for tatkal. (Its like you get a token number online and then go to the passport office.)
Do you think it is ok to take the token just to talk to the regional officer? I dont think I will have the documents ready at that time to submit the application.

Nirmal

Last edited by nirmalts : 15th July 2008 at 19:23.
Old 15th July 2008, 19:28   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Do you think it is ok to take the token just to talk to the regional officer? I dont think I will have the documents ready at that time to submit the application.

Nirmal
In Chennai, you can walk to a special counter (for people who registered online) where the documents will be checked and if they are alright, a rubber stamp will be done on it. If anything is missing it will be notified at this counter.Then you take it and go to the main office and submit the documents. I guess same process is applicable for all passport offices.
Old 15th July 2008, 19:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
In Chennai, you can walk to a special counter (for people who registered online) where the documents will be checked and if they are alright, a rubber stamp will be done on it. If anything is missing it will be notified at this counter.Then you take it and go to the main office and submit the documents. I guess same process is applicable for all passport offices.
Thanks. I'll do just this

Nirmal
Old 15th July 2008, 19:35   #12
BHPian

No need for the token, You can directly go and meet the regional officier. They are very easily accessible. And if he is not present just ask any other guy in the office.
Actually I am not pretty sure of the officier at your place, its not necessary that he would be a nice chap. I know of bombay and delhi and they are really friendly. So just ask someone in the office first you never know if the officier is in a bad mood this might just back fire.

Joing to the office and asking all the quries is the best as you get the most up to date information.

You can also hire a agent who rome around the passport office, but I personally feel its wastage of money.

And remeber to get a few copies of the passport form when you go there. (Print out from the net isn't the best idea as the seriel no. is missing) One more thing with the form you also get around 5 pages of guidelines which really help. (Though it does look like you already have it as you already know the required annexure, just read them throughly.)
Old 16th July 2008, 02:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

I got TATKAL passport for my baby(he was only 4 months old though), no need of any annexures/verifications, you just need to pay the fee.

You need to fill another annexure though, saying both parents are jointly applying for the passport. THis can be done on plain paper. Make sure that at least one of the spouses have the other spouse name included in the passport, else the kid's application is not considered.

I wonder, what about single parent kids?
Old 16th July 2008, 02:47   #14
BHPian

See this, we have our govt site Indian Passport, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India
Old 16th July 2008, 05:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I got TATKAL passport for my baby(he was only 4 months old though), no need of any annexures/verifications, you just need to pay the fee.

You need to fill another annexure though, saying both parents are jointly applying for the passport. THis can be done on plain paper. Make sure that at least one of the spouses have the other spouse name included in the passport, else the kid's application is not considered.

I wonder, what about single parent kids?
Thanks Kuttapan. Great piece of info.

If the other annexures were needed, I had to spend atleast 1 day of effort to get stamp paper, notarise it, get a letter from poilice commissioner/defence officer on his letter head etc. Now I will take a online token and go with the other documents. Saved a lot of unwanted effort

Nirmal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks