Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 14:00   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I just saw this thread, boy do I have some serious information to share, why I could write a YetiGuide to passport applications lol.

BUT not tonight, I will write next week.
Can this happen in installments? I too am stuck for a Tatkaal passport and it would be wonderful to read your experiences before I jump into the paperwork and find that it's all incorrect!

I am in urgent need of renewing my passport and tatkaal is the only option I have. But I have my address changed in the last 2 years, so it would be a new passport altogether. I do not know the notary, etc involved also I do not know anyone personally for the verification certificate.
Old 24th December 2008, 13:50   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Just came back from the koramangala passport office. ...
And in 12 days flat, i received my passport. Thats about 8 working days including the date on which it was applied.

kalpesh,
Refer the passport website. They pretty much have every detail you need. Though not as nicely worded as an yeti blog.
Indian Passport, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India
Old 15th January 2009, 11:27   #63
BHPian

Can anyone guide me the file number information on the receipt of the application submitted ? My friend submitted the same last week and the receipt shows a 12 digit file number and when we went to track the same online, its asking for a 6 digit file number. Wonder what we are missing ? Any help please ?
Old 15th January 2009, 13:58   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Can anyone guide me the file number information on the receipt of the application submitted ? My friend submitted the same last week and the receipt shows a 12 digit file number and when we went to track the same online, its asking for a 6 digit file number. Wonder what we are missing ? Any help please ?
Can anyone help ?
Old 15th January 2009, 14:26   #65
BHPian

Send me the file number or PM me i will guide you. Also check it place wise. For Bangalore it is http://nitpu2.kar.nic.in/passport/npassport.asp
Old 17th February 2009, 17:26   #66
SBR
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Need below help from you guys;

I am a native of Andhra Pradesh working in Bangalore for last 7 years. My Passport which is from Andhra Pradesh has expired recently. Didnt check it for expiry earlier .

Now I need to renew it and the questions I have are;

1) Since it is Andhra Passport, it has to be renewed in Andhra Pradesh? Hope this stands true?

About a year and a half back, I got married in Bangalore and wifey is from Chikmagalur and she already has a passport which has her Chickmagalur address issued to her prior to marriage.

2) My main query is that I have to get the passport re-issued and also have both the passports (me & wifey) endorsed that we are married. Marriage certificate is from Bangalore. However, I want the Passports to carry the address of my native place in Andhra Pradesh as that is the place where I plan to settle after few years of working.

Suggest on the formalities involved.
Old 19th February 2009, 01:34   #67
Senior - BHPian

Regarding 1, I do not think it necessary that the passport be renewed from Andhra, if you can show address proof for the current place that you are living in.(if you have been living at different places in past 2 years, you will need to furnish all addresses and get police verification done at all places).

To get the marriage endorsed, you just need to provide the marriage certificate copy along with the duly filled form when you apply for renewal. It does not matter where the marriage took place.

Ok, read the last line. If you want the passport to carry the AP address, renewal will have to be done there. You could also submit your wife's passport there for adding spousal information and get address changed in her's too.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:49   #68
SBR
BHPian

Thanks Kuttappan for the prompt revert.

However, pls. let me know the following;

I am OK to apply for renewal of Passport from my current address where I have been staying for more than 3 years in Bangalore. Have Gas Connection Bill, Voter ID card ( Me & Wifey) as address proof of my current address and have Pubilc Sector bank accounts as well (SBM) in my name and wifey/s name with the same current address details.

1) Will these documents be sufficient for applying for a passport renewal of mine?

2) Considering that Point number 1 is OK, Should I first apply for my Passport renewal along with copy of marriage certificate so that wifeys name is included in my passport and then submit wifey's passport (2 year old) with marriage certificate to endorse her changed surname & new address in her passport or should I do it one after the other.

Pls. let me know.
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:31   #69
Senior - BHPian

You will have to apply in the place you are residing in. So guess AP is ruled out for the moment.

There is no such thing as 'renewal' now a days. The process, and documentation is the same as that of a new passport - including police verification (which is why you need to be residing there).

Secondly I think the Voters ID is okay - according to their website Instructions-Documents to be attached

Lastly you can also submit your wife's passport alongside with the marriage certificate for incorporation of spouse name. This is independent of your renewal. Please remember that both your names should be endorsed on each others passport as a precursor to applying for your children's passports. (this is what we were told when we enquired)
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:59   #70
BHPian

Just got my passport renewed from Bangalore ,previous passport was issued at Kolkata .
I just had to submit address proof of Bangalore and marriage certificate to have my wife's name endorsed in the renewed passport .
Police verification was also done in Bangalore
I guess you can have your passport renewed at AP .But now the rule says the applicant has to be present while submitting the form.
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:36   #71
SBR
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I will go-ahead and apply in Bangalore as suggested.

Would you suggest applying in BangaloreOne Centres or at the Regional Passport office in Koramangala? I dont want to go through a Agent and want to do it myself.

Pls. suggest as to which one will be more convenient and less time consuming because I have to do it myself and looking for a convenient way as I wont be able to take out much time from work in weekdays.

Old 16th March 2009, 23:37   #72
BHPian

Hi Friends,
Need your urgent help on this situation. My passport is going to get expire by this month end which was issued from Chennai and visa stamped. Past 3 years I am staying in Chennai and I can give the proof from bank,letter from employer,gas connection with bill & airtel landline bill as proof.
Any input, suggestions or pointers on how to proceed for Tatkal re-issue will be greatly appreciated. If you guys have the contacts of any good agents pelase let me know.
Thanks
Old 3rd May 2009, 22:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

Passport Woes: Team-Bhpians please help :-(

My sister's passport expires in less than 6 months. She is 17 years of age, and turns 18 in October this year, hence she is still a minor.
Now, we, as a family plan to go on a trip on the 1st of June, preferably out of India.
The rule now is that your passport must be valid for atleast 6 months before you embark on a trip.
I intend to get this renewed at its earliest and can start the procedure tomorrow.
But after speaking to a lot of passport agents, I have gathered that the minimum amount of time it will take for renewal will be a month. The trip will not fall into place then. Also, after getting the passport, the Visas have to be applied for. I think Switzerland. Then the tour has to be booked. Please help!
Someone please suggest me what to do.
Anyone had a problem like this? We MUST make this trip in the first week of June, since I begin college subsequently.
WHAT is the procedure now?
Old 3rd May 2009, 22:59   #74
Senior - BHPian

3 days will do doc?

If yes, enjoy this link.
Hope it would solve your problem.

Tatkaal Scheme
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

i saw this. but its not easy. police and cid clearance required for my sister since she is a minor and holds a 5 year validity passport. this link is for people who have a 10 year validity passport.
sad, everything in this country works with greasing of palms. if they didnt delay, they wouldnt get bribes. we really have our selves to blame for this state of affairs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks