Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 22:49   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
Does anyone have some expertise in getting an appointment at a PSK? I have been trying since long, but it never materializes. Today I was continuously trying since 3:40 pm, could see some slots but never managed to book it as it was already taken by the time the website could take my request.

The website is too slow, and I suspect a denial of service attack.

The PSK in question is Kolkata. Please help!
try on a sunday evening. you will get a slot for the coming tuesday. if possible, book for the earliest slot in morning. crowd is less and you can be out in no time.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 18:20   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
Does anyone have some expertise in getting an appointment at a PSK?
With some hard work of friends and some high speed connection, I managed to get an appointment for 3rd Feb morning. I have a question on the importance of the verification certificate.

I am submitting a tatkaal application for re-issue (passport due to expire after 10 years). Do I need to carry the verification certificate?

The document advisor link on www.passportindia.gov.in says that only proof of address plus photo copies of current passport are needed.

Thanks!
Aroop
Old 28th February 2012, 17:26   #183
BHPian

HI Friends,

I had applied for Tatkal passport on 12 Sept 2011, My police verification was showing as pending, when i went to enquire at passport office, they told me to submit a PPF, post which my verification completed on Jan 12th, still their website is not updated and my passport is not dispatched, I need your help friends, Any of you have contacts of really reliable agents who can help me here, i tried everything nothing is working out, they dont allow me to meet the PRO, i dunno why, Please help.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:30   #184
BHPian

I plan to apply for a re-issue of my passport under the tatkal scheme because it is due to expire.
My current residential address is not a year-old and seems like the address proof required mandates a minimum 1-year stay in the present address. Is that true? or what other option do I have because my present address will be my permanent address and wouldn't want to use any old address.

Thanks,
- Vikram
Old 7th May 2012, 16:06   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster2 View Post
I had applied for Tatkal passport on 12 Sept 2011, My police verification was showing as pending, when i went to enquire at passport office, they told me to submit a PPF, post which my verification completed on Jan 12th, still their website is not updated and my passport is not dispatched
I heard that the police have submitted 20k+ PV reports to the RPO sometime (pending ones from 2011) in Feb/2012 and hence the delay in processing/printing these applications. They are clearing them ASAP, I hope you got your one already. Mine was also stuck in that bunch but was dispatched on Apr/15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvikram View Post
My current residential address is not a year-old and seems like the address proof required mandates a minimum 1-year stay in the present address. or what other option do I have because my present address will be my permanent address and wouldn't want to use any old address.
You have to provide both your current and previous address(es) covering the 1yr period, they will do PV at all the places that you lived in the last 1yr. You will have your current address only printed in the passport.
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:52   #186
BHPian

Folks,

Mine is a similar case to that of nvikram in the sense that i have stayed at two addresses in the last 1 year. My passport has been received after a Tatkal application but it seems there is supposed to be a post facto verification. So I have two people calling me, one each from the local police station of the two addresses I have stayed at asking me to come to them with some papers for verification (address proof, etc). I think they are supposed to come home and collect these, but they have not done that.

What bugs me is that even after paying a premium for tatkal, if I have to still run around distributing papers are police stations, then whats the point of a tatkal application.

Has anyone else faced this? One of the persons who called me to get these papers to them also said that I might have issues getting visas if I do not give them the papers, but actually I have got a US visa on the new passport without yet having given these papers.

If I am not going to face any issues and I have the passport already, then do I really need to care to submit these papers? I guess I should do that, but will face any issues while traveling if I do not give these papers before I travel? Issue is that my job takes 16 hours of my day mon to fri and some of sat, so even if I try to take the trouble to submit these papers at the local police station, it might take a long time before I am able to do that.

In case anyone else has been in a similar situation, please advise
Old 25th June 2012, 18:37   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amankhanna76
Folks,

Mine is a similar case to that of nvikram in the sense that i have stayed at two addresses in the last 1 year. My passport has been received after a Tatkal application but it seems there is supposed to be a post facto verification. So I have two people calling me, one each from the local police station of the two addresses I have stayed at asking me to come to them with some papers for verification (address proof, etc). I think they are supposed to come home and collect these, but they have not done that.

What bugs me is that even after paying a premium for tatkal, if I have to still run around distributing papers are police stations, then whats the point of a tatkal application.

Has anyone else faced this? One of the persons who called me to get these papers to them also said that I might have issues getting visas if I do not give them the papers, but actually I have got a US visa on the new passport without yet having given these papers.

If I am not going to face any issues and I have the passport already, then do I really need to care to submit these papers? I guess I should do that, but will face any issues while traveling if I do not give these papers before I travel? Issue is that my job takes 16 hours of my day mon to fri and some of sat, so even if I try to take the trouble to submit these papers at the local police station, it might take a long time before I am able to do that.

In case anyone else has been in a similar situation, please advise
@amankhanna - how much time did it take for you to receive your passport from the time of submitting it in the passport seva Kendra?
Old 25th June 2012, 21:16   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvikram

@amankhanna - how much time did it take for you to receive your passport from the time of submitting it in the passport seva Kendra?
Got within a week, but with verification happening post facto, I wonder what the whole point is
Old 5th October 2012, 11:24   #189
BHPian

Hi friends i need help. I am applying for a passport (fresh). Please see the link below:

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...WhatHasChanged

I can wait for 15-20 days. Is it right to apply for a normal scheme or should i apply through tatkaal scheme only. Because even though the site says that one can get the passport within 3 days in normal scheme and within 1 day in tatkaal scheme, i still don't believe these people.

Please suggest me the right alternative.

It is actually difficult for me to furnish the required things for the Annexure-F.These are the ones:

3. This Verification Certificate may be got signed by any of the following:
(i) An Under Secretary/Deputy Secretary/Director/Joint Secretary/Add. Secretary/Special Secretary/Secretary/Cabinet Secretary to Government of India
(ii) A Director/Joint Secretary/Additional Secretary/Special Secretary/Chief Secretary to a State Govt.
(iii) A Sub-Divisional Magistrate/First class Judicial Magistrate/Additional DM/District Magistrate of the district of residence of applicant.
(iv) A District Superintendent of Police, DIG/IG/DGP of the district of residence of applicant.
(v) A Major and above in the army, Lt. Commander and above in the Navy and Sq. Leader and above in the Air Force
(vi) The General Manager and above of a Public Sector Undertaking
(vii All members of any All India Service or Central Service who are equivalent to or above the rank of an Under Secretary to the Government, i.e. with Grade pay of Rs.6,600/- and above.
(viii)Resident Commissioners/Additional Resident Commissioners of all State Governments based in Delhi.
(ix) Concerned Tehsildars or concerned SHOs for an applicant staying in the area under his/her jurisdiction.
(x) The Chairmen of the Apex Business Organizations, i.e. FICCI, CII and ASSOCHAM in respect of owners, partners or directors of the companies that are members of the concerned Chamber in prescribed performa as at Annexure “J”. (The certificate should specify applicant is a owner/ partner/ director of the company)

Is there any alternative for the above?

Last edited by rki2007 : 5th October 2012 at 11:30. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 5th October 2012, 11:40   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends i need help. I am applying for a passport (fresh). Please see the link below:

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...WhatHasChanged

I can wait for 15-20 days. Is it right to apply for a normal scheme or should i apply through tatkaal scheme only. Because even though the site says that one can get the passport within 3 days in normal scheme and within 1 day in tatkaal scheme, i still don't believe these people.

Please suggest me the right alternative.

It is actually difficult for me to furnish the required things for the Annexure-F.These are the ones:

3. This Verification Certificate may be got signed by any of the following:
(i) An Under Secretary/Deputy Secretary/Director/Joint Secretary/Add. Secretary/Special Secretary/Secretary/Cabinet Secretary to Government of India
Is there any alternative for the above?
Riki2007 , its better you go with the normal scheme . Its faster than what we expect from the passport office . If there is no emergency for you , just go to the passport office and submit your documents . My police verification ( passport renewal --> Post police verification ) happened almost within a week of submitting the documents .

All the best .
Old 5th October 2012, 11:46   #191
BHPian

Please opt for normal application channel for passport . Tatkal scheme ll deliver your passport in 3 days and normal channel will do so in 5-6 working days. Usually it's in month of may -July period you ll find delays in delivery due to overload of applications by students and tourists.
Also, for tatkal, you have to meet the officer, there is no token system and you have to wait in long queue with your application to meet the personnel. It's bit painful procedure.
Old 5th November 2012, 10:08   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadoos baby View Post
Please opt for normal application channel for passport . Tatkal scheme ll deliver your passport in 3 days and normal channel will do so in 5-6 working days.
Normal channel will deliver passport in 5-6 days? In which jurisdiction does this happen?

I have applied through the normal channel twice in the last 2 years in Pune, for myself and my daughter separately. In both cases, it took around 30-40 elapsed days to receive the passport from the date of application. And I thought it was pretty quick considering that in my case address verification needed to happen.

15-20 days is definitely a tatkaal case.
Old 5th November 2012, 23:23   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster

Normal channel will deliver passport in 5-6 days? In which jurisdiction does this happen?

I have applied through the normal channel twice in the last 2 years in Pune, for myself and my daughter separately. In both cases, it took around 30-40 elapsed days to receive the passport from the date of application. And I thought it was pretty quick considering that in my case address verification needed to happen.

15-20 days is definitely a tatkaal case.
In thane jurisdiction for sure. I have seen people around me get the passport in 2 weeks max through normal channel. Tatkal gives passport in 3-5 days.
Old 21st December 2012, 11:01   #194
BHPian

Hi Guys, I need to renew my passport which is about to expire soon. I want to do it under tatkal scheme. I have uploaded the xml and I have the ARN, my question is how to apply for tatkal slots? The PSK in Bangalore display no slot available for tatkal. Called up the seva kendra and they informed me to apply under Normal category for getting appointment but the process would follow tatkal! I am not sure what it means exactly!
Can anybody please share their experience? Also I read the following article: https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in...p#bangaloreRPO
The point 5, as I understand allows me to walk in to RPO and get an appointment. Has anyone tried it?
Old 4th January 2013, 14:47   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks,
I need to go through the routine of passport renewal again, just after doing it via the Tatkal option last year: reason my full name is in the "Name" section, while the "surname" section is blank.

Now I was planning to go through the Tatkal option again, so I just approached an agent to get info on what is required. However he gave me one additional info which I'm not sure
- For the previous passport application, I did not have any police verification (PV). I am not sure if this is normal for tatkal renewals, but I didn't worry about it as I got the passport without any issues.
- Now the agent informs me that if I go via the tatkal route again, my application would be cancelled due to the absence of the PV. He's suggesting me to go via the normal route.
- Between the normal & tatkal options, I would prefer the former.

While I'll be trying to get the info at the PP office over the weekend, I would like to get opinions from the junta out here. Is there any ruling of this kind?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks