Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2011, 23:52   #136
Team-BHP Support

Application for new passport for minor

I need to apply for a fresh passport for my 2 year old daughter, in Bangalore and wanted some help on how to go about the process.

Scenario is as follows:
  • Both my wife and myself have different addresses mentioned in our respective passports, as these were issued prior to our marriage.
  • We have a registered marriage certificate, based on our previous rented apartment in Bangalore.
  • We now have a house of our own, and would like to use this address for applying for my kid's passport.
  • Kid's birth certificate has an address in Kerala.
How should i go about this? Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th May 2011, 00:54   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Application for new passport for minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I need to apply for a fresh passport for my 2 year old daughter, in Bangalore and wanted some help on how to go about the process.

Scenario is as follows:
  • Both my wife and myself have different addresses mentioned in our respective passports, as these were issued prior to our marriage.
  • We have a registered marriage certificate, based on our previous rented apartment in Bangalore.
  • We now have a house of our own, and would like to use this address for applying for my kid's passport.
How should i go about this? Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.
since you now have your own house, it'll be a good idea to get your own address updated too - in any event you'll have to do so because daugher's passport will require verification of parents' passports.

All you need to do is provided attested copies of proof of new address (house registry will do if you don't have telephone bills etc.). Get your baby included in the ration card (pretty straight forward stuff) and that becomes the baby's proof of address (not sure that's needed though) and you are good to go.

Birth certificate location doesn't matter, address matters so don't worry about that one.

Also if you are in Bangalore you could apply via Bangalore One. Here's the link https://www.bangaloreone.gov.in/public/rpo-info.aspx

also after you have applied, within about 2 days they put the status of your application on the internet - they update it relatively slowly though (I applied Tatkal and got the passport before their system started showing "processing".)

Last edited by vina : 8th May 2011 at 01:02.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2011, 02:23   #138
BHPian

Re: Application for new passport for minor

Quote:

Scenario is as follows:

All of you can apply for a reissue of passport and update the address to your current owned house. You can also include the spouse's name in the each other's passport which can be done basis the marriage certificate. Please have enough proofs of residence at your current location eg. Electricity bill, BSNL land line, gas connection bill showing address, Bank passbook/statement with latest transactions also showing address, company letter for address proof (they accept this from large corporations). The reason I say this is the passport officers can ask for additional documents if they're not satisfied with the ones you present and its always better to have more than required to save a repeat trip.

The other document thats needed is a class 10 certificate for the ECNR stamp. (not required for children)

Go to Passport Seva Portal and register individually for each member of your family and then fill the form online. You can schedule the appointment online and go through the three rounds of interviews at the passport office.

Quote:
You will need your address proof and the birth certificate. The address on the birth certificate woulnt matter. The process is that you will need to submit the passport for the parents first and then use that file number for your kiddo's passport application. There is also an annexure that you'll need to sign as parents to give consent for the passport. There will be no verification for the kiddie's passport while both your passports will go through a police verification process either before or after you receive the passport depending on whether you do Tatkaal or the normal process.

I recently got this done for my kiddo and wifey and it took 2 weeks for my daughters passport and 4 weeks for my wife's passport to arrive.

If there's anything you want to know in specific, PM me.
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 14:22   #139
BHPian

Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Sorry for this late reply, but anyway hope this helps.
Yes, had to try throughout the day, so keep trying till around 12pm-1pm, and you might get lucky.
What i noticed is that some slots show up after sometime. It may be a case of some people booking multiple slots and then cancelling the extra slots later.

As i understand, this PSK is on a pilot run Karnataka and Chandigarh, so basically we are guinea pigs for this experiment.

But, the passport applications themselves were rejected on some flimsy grounds. The real reason is that there is nexus between the agents and the office (at least, that is the case in Mangalore), so anyone going directly will have a tough time.
Hi,

I am trying to book a slot for my wife and kid under the "Tatkaal" scheme from morning, but unfortunately the website is shwoing the same reason as it showed to you. I need to get passport of my wife and kid very early. Do you suggest me to get in touch with agent to get the passport?

Thanks

Sanjeev
Old 9th May 2011, 14:32   #140
BHPian

The slot issue has been there right from the start when the online process started around an year back in Bangalore, but I don't think agents would be able to solve that out. May be you can try going one fine early morning and see if you can get an open slot. It used to happen last year when the online system had just started, not sure how it is now.
Old 9th May 2011, 14:44   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post
Hi,

I am trying to book a slot for my wife and kid under the "Tatkaal" scheme from morning, but unfortunately the website is shwoing the same reason as it showed to you. I need to get passport of my wife and kid very early. Do you suggest me to get in touch with agent to get the passport?

Thanks

Sanjeev
Hi Sanjeev,

Can you book Tatkal slots online? Does it get mentioned in the drop down boxes? I thought you could just get an ordinary appointment and at the time of application submission you had the option of getting the passport either in Tatkal process or the normal one. I had one done recently but could not register online as Tatkal.
Old 9th May 2011, 14:59   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Sanjeev,

Can you book Tatkal slots online? Does it get mentioned in the drop down boxes? I thought you could just get an ordinary appointment and at the time of application submission you had the option of getting the passport either in Tatkal process or the normal one. I had one done recently but could not register online as Tatkal.
Yes. I can see both options (tatkal and normal) under the "Schedule an Appointment" tab. However when I click 'Tatkal' quota then website is showing message as 'All Tatkaal appointments are already booked. Please try scheduling it another day, or go to Applicant Home to schedule your appointment under Normal quota'. I also tried under normal one, but again it is booked for >30days.

I got my passport 6 years back and that time I had submitted my application at a speed post center which was much convenient. I don't think none of our country citizens will be happy with this type of system.

I hope luck will favour me atleast tomorrow to get a slot

Thanks

Sanjeev
Old 9th May 2011, 16:31   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I can see both options (tatkal and normal) under the "Schedule an Appointment" tab. However when I click 'Tatkal' quota then website is showing message as 'All Tatkaal appointments are already booked. Please try scheduling it another day, or go to Applicant Home to schedule your appointment under Normal quota'. I also tried under normal one, but again it is booked for >30days.

I got my passport 6 years back and that time I had submitted my application at a speed post center which was much convenient. I don't think none of our country citizens will be happy with this type of system.

I hope luck will favour me atleast tomorrow to get a slot

Thanks

Sanjeev
If you are not in a hurry you can go through the normal channels - you wouldn't even need a slot, in Bangalore you can drop your application at Bangalore One.

Also you can check whether they give you appointments on arrival - in Ghaziabad they do but you have to go early in the morning and then wait the entire day.

Last edited by vina : 9th May 2011 at 16:33.
Old 9th May 2011, 16:44   #144
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, there is no separate quota for Tatkaal and normal, its the same allotment system that will show you the slots available for the day. I believe you can even walk in directly to the Lalbagh office and get your application done, but this will mean waiting for a longer time vs the appointment system. I suggest if its urgent, do a recce at the passport office one day and find out how to get in without an appointment.

I also had to wait for more than a month when I tried booking an appointment for my wife and daugher in Jan while I got it within a week during november. I guess its the time of the year which causes the rush, especially the holidays going on currently.
Old 9th May 2011, 17:57   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
AFAIK, there is no separate quota for Tatkaal and normal, its the same allotment system that will show you the slots available for the day. I believe you can even walk in directly to the Lalbagh office and get your application done, but this will mean waiting for a longer time vs the appointment system. I suggest if its urgent, do a recce at the passport office one day and find out how to get in without an appointment.

I also had to wait for more than a month when I tried booking an appointment for my wife and daugher in Jan while I got it within a week during november. I guess its the time of the year which causes the rush, especially the holidays going on currently.

Not just the holidays, a lot of students get their passports made/renewed exactly this time of the year - they need to get their visas made and travel by July.
Old 10th May 2011, 00:58   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
sorry but your 2 posts are not very clear - do you want passport of your wife renewed ( because of any reason - like validity expiry / exhaustion of pages etc ) OR you want to get your name added in her passport ?

if her passport is valid no need to get the name added unless some specific reason is there - you can simply apply for Kids passport but do remember to carry your passport & marriage certificate - you can use the same address for Baby's passport which is mentioned in your passport - tell them that you stay at same place - being a kid there will be no police verification

If you want to apply for a renewal of passport for your wife - again you should mention the same address as mentioned in your passport - in this case Police verification will be done and you may have to shell some extra money to police guy who comes to your old address as he wont find you there . Plus he will signs from your neighbors- at least this is what happens in North - if you cant manage this then better apply her passport from the address where you presently live , you can continue to use your old passport with old address

My requirement is simple..a passport for my 5 months old baby and maximum try to avoid a travel with wife and baby back to cochin (kerala) passport office.

Kottayam, my permanant address, comes under cochin rpo juridisction.. so cant i apply in bangalore with the same kottayam address? this will help me to avoid a travel with baby to kerala.
Old 10th May 2011, 01:14   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
My requirement is simple..a passport for my 5 months old baby and maximum try to avoid a travel with wife and baby back to cochin (kerala) passport office.

Kottayam, my permanant address, comes under cochin rpo juridisction.. so cant i apply in bangalore with the same kottayam address? this will help me to avoid a travel with baby to kerala.
I dont think you can apply in Bangalore with a Kerala address since there will be a verification that will have to happen for your wife's passport. Also, I'm not sure how you'll manage the verification even if you apply at the Cochin passport office since these days the process has become stricter than before.

Best option is to apply for your wife and kids passport with the local address instead of making two trips to Kerala (one for submission of application and another for police verification).
Old 10th May 2011, 01:36   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post

Unfortunately the answer is no. You can apply in Bangalore with Bangalore address or in cochin with Kottayam address.
Old 11th May 2011, 17:16   #149
BHPian

Guys, anyone in Bangalore got the passport through 'Tatkal' recently?
Could anyone plz advise me in getting the Annexure I and Annexure F (if you can let me know the notary office where you would have done these Annexure's then it would be great)?

Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 18:10   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, anyone in Bangalore got the passport through 'Tatkal' recently?
Could anyone plz advise me in getting the Annexure I and Annexure F (if you can let me know the notary office where you would have done these Annexure's then it would be great)?

Thanks
Just a curious question - would this be your first passport? If so then the annexures are needed. But if not then you dont need them if your previous passport had the police verification done. Then all you would do is apply in Tatkal and get the passport, the police verification would happen later if reqd only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks