Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 17:53   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu
The rules are the same for all RPO's.This is provided you have submitted copy of your passport with your wife's name added or viceversa as address proof and are staying at the same address as listed in your passport.

Youc an convert to tatkal after 30days if passport is not delivered. Just go there and pay the necessary fee.
Hope rules are same for all RPO's.Just checked Delhi RPO's web site,no such information there.Anyway,I have printed pages from the link,you provided.I'm going there personally.Thanks for information.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th August 2009 at 21:32. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 18th August 2009, 12:04   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I've submitted my PP re-issue application (non-tatkal) yesterday at the Pune RPO. There is no address change, so I guess police verification will be skipped.

In this case, does anyone know approximately how many days it will take for the re-issued PP to reach me?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 18th August 2009 at 12:07.
Old 18th August 2009, 12:28   #93
BANNED

Each RPO is a law unto themselves. In October last year my wife got her new passport within five weeks. This year my daughter's passport took almost two and a half months. I may add that Lucknow is not known to be very efficient.
Old 29th August 2009, 18:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans33 View Post
Hope rules are same for all RPO's.Just checked Delhi RPO's web site,no such information there.Anyway,I have printed pages from the link,you provided.I'm going there personally.Thanks for information.
Whats the status of your application, did you submit passport copies of both parents, only one is required as per rules.
Old 5th September 2009, 20:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I've submitted my PP re-issue application (non-tatkal) yesterday at the Pune RPO. There is no address change, so I guess police verification will be skipped. In this case, does anyone know approximately how many days it will take for the re-issued PP to reach me?
I got my re-issued PP from the Pune RPO today, in exactly 15 working days. Not a bad performance for a doddering old bureaucratic government department, eh?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 5th January 2010, 19:46   #96
Senior - BHPian

I have a Bhubaneswar issued passport which expires in Feb 2010.

Since my parents have moved permanently to Vizag, I had applied for the renewal and change of address. But somehow the cops figured out that I dont reside in Vizag, and in the Verification certificate, mentioned that I have been living in Chennai for the past 1.5 years. (Even though the conduct etc are clear from Vizag)

The passport office now asked me to get a Verification certificate from Chennai, for my current address. The annexure F on the passport site says we can get the certificate from a list of people. But somehow I got the feeling that the passport officer is more keen on a Police certificate.

Request Chennai junta to kindly help me out, since I have an urgent requirement for the passport.
Old 1st May 2010, 12:48   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Gents ,

I need your Help / Info In my passport .

my passport Expired in march 2010 . a Lazy person , that i am . I didn,t spotted this. On realizing the same , i applied for a reissue previous week in Delhi. Now Suddenly , I has to travel to UK for a Onsite assignment and need my passport urgently . is there anyway that i can expedite it . I understand that i cannot apply in fresh under tatkal scheme . i guess police man will verify my add this week but still , any ideas, how can i get it urgently ... pls help..i tried contacting the PRO, but they are not ready to help... and as some body said , they are a govt in themselves.

Pls note that i applied in normal way with 1000 rs as fees. the old passport was issued from B,lore .
Old 1st May 2010, 13:28   #98
Senior - BHPian

Sushil.. for sure they are govt. in themselves. Try speaking to officals over in passport office they might help you out, as earlier you had opted for the regular time one.
Old 1st May 2010, 15:16   #99
BANNED

HI ashish

unfortunately , that's true .Process wise , i can get that expedited by giving them a letter from my employer that i need to travel urgently and submit tatkal fees, but here again, my employer is not willing to give me that letter ..will go again on monday to passport office .. will try out with some agent ...and will hope that they listen to me ...
Old 1st May 2010, 18:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

Strange that your employer won't give you a letter. Funnier still that they are not looking at it as billing loss.

The best route is the Tatkal route, so please go and talk to your company once again and get that letter. Even if the previous passport was issued in Bangalore, as long as you have the requisite address proof for the last one year, they will expedite the process in Tatkal as you already held a passport.

Passport offices have been trying hard to be very professional for quite some time now. It helps if we understand their logic and do the process as it works for them. Agents can only nd ensure that all the necessary information is there - they really can't get anything done since they are not allowed to go in there nowadays. Just go early enough with the letter and other proofs, stand in the queue, pay the Tatkal fees, meet the officer and you should be OK.

Last edited by DerAlte : 1st May 2010 at 18:41.
Old 2nd May 2010, 10:00   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Strange that your employer won't give you a letter. Funnier still that they are not looking at it as billing loss.

The best route is the Tatkal route, so please go and talk to your company once again and get that letter. Even if the previous passport was issued in Bangalore, as long as you have the requisite address proof for the last one year, they will expedite the process in Tatkal as you already held a passport.

Passport offices have been trying hard to be very professional for quite some time now. It helps if we understand their logic and do the process as it works for them. Agents can only nd ensure that all the necessary information is there - they really can't get anything done since they are not allowed to go in there nowadays. Just go early enough with the letter and other proofs, stand in the queue, pay the Tatkal fees, meet the officer and you should be OK.
I agree Completely Above . I am again going to Passport office tomorrow and see what can be done. In addition , Has escalated this to my SM and he has promised to look into this , Now Surely HR will Issue me the letter as SM is a Feared person in our office ..hehehehe

Will post my experience Once done with for others benefit
Old 26th May 2010, 03:57   #102
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone aware about any agents that could get the passport renewal under tatkal scheme here in Mumbai? My passport has been expired and I need the new one within 3 weeks.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:40   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Is anyone aware about any agents that could get the passport renewal under tatkal scheme here in Mumbai? My passport has been expired and I need the new one within 3 weeks.
the tatkal applications need to be given in person, atleast that is the process in Bangalore.

Mods : There is another thread on passports, can the two be clubbed together "Passport Renewal Procedure "
Old 18th August 2010, 17:41   #104
BHPian

I recently got my passport renewed in Delhi under the tatkal scheme. I applied on 5th of August and recieved the passport on 11th of August by post. My earlier passport had expired in Feb 2009 and was issued from Chandigarh. I have updated the complete details about the step by step procedure required to renew the passport under tatkal scheme in my personal blog in order to help out any future applicants. If you think it will be useful, I can share the link.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:53   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
If you think it will be useful, I can share the link.
Please share the link or better put the steps for others to get benefited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks