Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 19:39   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Now, since I will be moving to Lucknow on the 19th, can I get my passport made under the tatkal scheme? Do they really give it to you in a week?
Normally the Tatkal passport is despatched within a week, bear in mind it may take atleast 10 days for it to be in your hands (even if within the sme passport city).

By when can I expect the police verification to happen? Do they do the verification after issuing the passport (wouldn't it be pointless?)? In case I have already left Delhi by then, what happens to my passport?
The verification happens after passport issue since it is under Tatkal scheme, I hope you must have provided the annexures during the application. It takes roughly 10-12 days for the police verification provided the file has reached the police station in your jurisdiction and to return back to the passport office. Lot depends on the cooperation of the police officials. Also varies passport office to office.

In case I am able to furnish the 3 id proofs listed here, I will only need to furnish this affidavit extra, right?
Thats correct.

Thanks!
Please find my replies in bold, hope it helps.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 00:38   #167
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply ghodlur.

I am actually in no hurry to get the passport itself, I just want the police verification to get done before I leave for Lucknow. Would there be no way to expedite the police verification?

What do you suggest?

Last edited by Eddy : 10th June 2011 at 13:27.
Old 9th June 2011, 11:31   #168
BHPian

Quote:

In case I am able to furnish the 3 id proofs listed here, I will only need to furnish this affidavit extra, right?

Thanks!
When one of my friends tried to apply through Tatkal, the officer told that the three documents need to have the same address as your current residential address (as per your tatkal passport application form). If not, then these documents may not be accepted. Please keep this in mind.
ajayr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 12:43   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply ghodlur.

I am actually in no hurry to get the passport itself, I just want the police verification to get done before I leave for Lucknow. Would there be no way to expedite the police verification?

What do you suggest?
I would suggest you get the status of the file from the passport office, if the file has been despatched then contact the local police station and enquire. I would not encourage bribery but keep it as a last resort if things are to go at that level.

I will cite an example of my building friend who was undergoing the same turmoil, the police were delaying the clearance simply coz my friend refused to bribe. What he did was take along with him a few known acquaintances and met the senior most police officer at the station and within two days the file was sent back to passport office with clearance. Can you do that?

Last edited by Eddy : 10th June 2011 at 13:27.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 23:34   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
When one of my friends tried to apply through Tatkal, the officer told that the three documents need to have the same address as your current residential address (as per your tatkal passport application form). If not, then these documents may not be accepted. Please keep this in mind.
Right-o. All three bear the same address (permanent address). Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 10th June 2011 at 13:26. Reason: Please contimue such discussions over PM
Old 12th June 2011, 14:03   #171
BHPian

I got my passport yesterday morning via post. And the police verification guy popped in early morning today for the verification. He asked me a few questions, collected a few photocopies of the documents and blatantly asked for 500 bucks. I tried to negotiate with him, but I didn't think he would budge. He said it's the standard rate. Whatever. Like paying taxes isn't bad enough. He did'nt even feel like collecting the documentation and carrying out the verification as long as he had his 500 bucks. Anyway it's better to pay them now than to run around police stations and passport offices all day.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:08   #172
BHPian

I got my passport applied on 02JUN11 on 14th June and on 17th June respectively. This was under normal quota, not tatkal. Police verification is not happened so far.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st June 2011 at 14:26.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:42   #173
BHPian

Including my spouse name

Hello Friends,

I have opted for Tatkal reissue(inclusion of spouse name) & will be submitting my application tomorrow.

The PSK site says that reissue will be complete in 1 working day. Can some throw light on the ground reality.

Will tatkal get delayed like normal?

Appreciate your reply.

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:21   #174
Senior - BHPian

I got my passport renewal done last year through Tatkal and it took my 4 days from submitting the application the get the passport in my hands. My colleague got it done recently and even he got his passport in 3-4 days. Normally passport is dispatched within 2 working days from Passport office in tatkal cases. You can go to your local post office and collect it from there if you dont want to wait for postman to come.
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:40   #175
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried appying thru the new System? They say applications will be processed much faster. Tatkal in 1 day and normal in 3 days!!!!

EDIT: Just saw this:

http://praja.in/en/blog/nisgupta/201...eat-initiative

I cant belive this, normal passport in 10 days???

Last edited by mail4ajo : 3rd October 2011 at 22:46.
Old 29th December 2011, 22:47   #176
BHPian

I have a normal application but stagnated due to address proof issues for about 6 months now. This is for my wife. She is from bareilly and lives in delhi now. Can she reapply as a tatkal now? with the same file number
Old 31st January 2012, 16:47   #177
BHPian

Does anyone have some expertise in getting an appointment at a PSK? I have been trying since long, but it never materializes. Today I was continuously trying since 3:40 pm, could see some slots but never managed to book it as it was already taken by the time the website could take my request.

The website is too slow, and I suspect a denial of service attack.

The PSK in question is Kolkata. Please help!
Old 31st January 2012, 19:10   #178
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend is trying to get his passport renewed (expired passport) and stuck for the lack of Annexure F. The broker is asking for 7500Rs to get this certificate. On a Tbhpian friend's (thanks for the help) advice he tried to get the same from some Doctor but even the doctor (district surgeon at one of the Govt. hospitals) has asked for Rs 5000 and now Passport office is telling that this Annexure F by district surgeon might not be valid. Seriously, is there any way to get this kind of work done without so much hassle? That poor guy is running around for last 3 days and still no sign of getting the passport renewed.
Old 31st January 2012, 21:34   #179
BHPian

The appointments open up after 6 PM. Keep checking after this and you should be able to get through. It might be slow at times, but keep trying. I found it quite easy for a tatkal appointment and was able to get very easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
Does anyone have some expertise in getting an appointment at a PSK? I have been trying since long, but it never materializes. Today I was continuously trying since 3:40 pm, could see some slots but never managed to book it as it was already taken by the time the website could take my request.

The website is too slow, and I suspect a denial of service attack.

The PSK in question is Kolkata. Please help!
vista_qjd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 22:33   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
One of my friend is trying to get his passport renewed (expired passport) and stuck for the lack of Annexure F. The broker is asking for 7500Rs to get this certificate. On a Tbhpian friend's (thanks for the help) advice he tried to get the same from some Doctor but even the doctor (district surgeon at one of the Govt. hospitals) has asked for Rs 5000 and now Passport office is telling that this Annexure F by district surgeon might not be valid. Seriously, is there any way to get this kind of work done without so much hassle? That poor guy is running around for last 3 days and still no sign of getting the passport renewed.

Please check this document Passport Seva Portal

Verification Certificate for Tatkaal Passports

The PDF says below

3. This Verification Certificate may be got signed by any of the following:
(i) An Under Secretary/Deputy Secretary/Director/Joint Secretary/Add. Secretary/Special Secretary/Secretary/Cabinet Secretary to Government of India
(ii) A Director/Joint Secretary/Additional Secretary/Special Secretary/Chief Secretary to a State Govt.
(iii) A Sub-Divisional Magistrate/First class Judicial Magistrate/Additional DM/District Magistrate of the district of residence of applicant.
(iv) A District Superintendent of Police, DIG/IG/DGP of the district of residence of applicant.
(v) A Major and above in the army, Lt. Commander and above in the Navy and Sq. Leader and above in the Air Force
(vi) The General Manager and above of a Public Sector Undertaking
(vii All members of any All India Service or Central Service who are equivalent to or above the rank of an Under Secretary to the Government, i.e. with Grade pay of Rs.6,600/- and above.
(viii)Resident Commissioners/Additional Resident Commissioners of all State Governments based in Delhi.
(ix) Concerned Tehsildars or concerned SHOs for an applicant staying in the area under his/her jurisdiction.
(x) The Chairmen of the Apex Business Organizations, i.e. FICCI, CII and ASSOCHAM in respect of owners, partners or directors of the companies that are members of the concerned Chamber in prescribed performa as at Annexure “J”. (The certificate should specify applicant is a owner/ partner/ director of the company)

Get someone from the list, and it should be taken care.

I think, it will be a good idea to visit the Commissioner's office and request for the letter.

Good luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks