Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 15:37   #3571
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
OT:Sind Punjab is our favorite for paneer and kulfi now a days.their kulfi is mind blowing priced at inr35 a stick.their shrikhand is another amazing offering
Where is this restaurant? I don't mind giving that Kulfi a shot.
Old 16th August 2011, 15:42   #3572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Where is this restaurant? I don't mind giving that Kulfi a shot.
Its a dairy shop,with almost anything that you can think of being made from milk available there!Its a mumbai based thing and Hyd is their place outside of mumbai.This discovery is entirely thanks to Bajaj Saab.It is located right opposite Heritage Fresh on the road to Hitec City from Punjagutta.It is located between a wine shop & an icecream parlor

http://punjabsind.com/

Their lassis are pretty good as well

Last edited by bblost : 17th August 2011 at 15:21. Reason: back to back posts. Please use Edit if posting again within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 16th August 2011, 15:54   #3573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a dairy shop,with almost anything that you can think of being made from milk available there!Its a mumbai based thing and Hyd is their place outside of mumbai.This discovery is entirely thanks to Bajaj Saab.It is located right opposite Heritage Fresh on the road to Hitec City from Punjagutta.It is located between a wine shop & an icecream parlor

Herbal Ghee Paneer Herbal Desi Ghee Fresh Cream Mava (Khoa) Lassi Chaas Shrikhand White Butter Basundi Rabadi Kharvas Milk Curd Kulfi Pro Biotic Curd
Thanks, but I am not sure where Heritage Fresh is located. Is it between Punjagutta and KBR Park, or even before the Green Mosque?
Old 16th August 2011, 16:01   #3574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but I am not sure where Heritage Fresh is located. Is it between Punjagutta and KBR Park, or even before the Green Mosque?
This place a few meters before Odeyssey.The dairy is onto your right when you go towards Hitech City.Heritage is(on your Left-towards Hitech), between Jubilee CP and the SVM Mall(the gaming mall)
Old 16th August 2011, 16:24   #3575
BHPian

Speaking about Kulfi's and Diary Products, there are a few outlets, worth the try anytime.

Malai Kulfi at Amritsari Kulfi, Basheerbagh, near Hyderabad Nursing Home.
They serve the Kulfi as Bricks or Individual Cups too. Balaji Super Market, Basheer Bagh sources the Kulfi from these guys and sells it at his store in form of Matka Kulfi Cups. Worth the try. You will surely love it. One thing, This business is run by a very sweet family of Surds, who are so hospitable and sweet spoken that you would love to have a word or two with them, before you leave with your Kulfi Brick from there. I always loved them and their Kulfi's.
Amritsari Kulfi, Opposite Hyderabad Nursing Home (17.4068,78.476562)

Anjeer Kulfi at Deccan Kulfi, Niloufer Hospital Road, Bazar Ghat
This is their best Kulfi i've had till date. They have Pista Kulfi, Badam Kulfi and etc, but I always loved their Anjeer Kulfi. Worth every penny spent on it. Anjeer Kulfi filled with loads of Anjeer Dry Fruit. There would be a piece of Anjeer in everybite for sure, that's how loaded their Anjeer Kulfi is. They sell it as individual sticks as well as in for of Bricks. Try it, you will never regret it and would surely go back for more.
Deccan Kulfi House (17.395305,78.46265)

Basundi, Shrikhand and a lot more at Mahalaxmi Dairy Products, Kutbi Guda Road, Kachiguda.
Any diary product, Mahalaxmi is the place to go. Right from Milk to Curds to Basundi to Shrikhand to Maska to everything under the sun. This is the place to go to for your dairy needs. Quality's never been compromised till date. Try their Basundi once and you will go again for sure.
Mahalaxmi Dairy Products (17.388837,78.490032)
Old 16th August 2011, 16:47   #3576
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunday evening while on way back from Drag. Called Reshmi's enroute and asked them to keep these items ready

1. Chicken Kalmi Kebab (Rs.140)

Juiciest Chicken I ever tasted. They never disappointed me with this dish.

2. Kheema Masala (Rs.150)

I would rate this best kheema in town. Not to mention good quantity as well. Excellent

Yesterday evening, picked up 5 Mutton Biryani's and 1 Haleem from Paradise Main outlet.

Wanted double masala but, they asked to wait for 15 minutes which we couldnt due to too much crowd there. So opted for the regular biryani

Biryani was just about ok not that great. I always experienced their biryani to be good if you have it right there and during exact meal time ( lunch/dinner)

Rs.520 for 5 Biryani's and 20 bucks extra for the packing material.

Surprisingly, Haleem was quite good. Would eat there again. Rs.80/Plate
Old 21st August 2011, 05:15   #3577
HPP
BHPian

I heard from one of my relatives in the US that she ate Taco Bell in Hyd(near Madhavpur). Is this true?

My nephews have searched around and couldn't find it, nor heard anything about it. Maybe in Inorbit?

We are thinking maybe she was confused and it was some other Mexican restaurant?

Anyone confirm it's there or not?
Old 21st August 2011, 08:04   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I heard from one of my relatives in the US that she ate Taco Bell in Hyd(near Madhavpur). Is this true?

My nephews have searched around and couldn't find it, nor heard anything about it. Maybe in Inorbit?

We are thinking maybe she was confused and it was some other Mexican restaurant?

Anyone confirm it's there or not?
Yes, must have confused it with "Chilis" in Inorbit Mall at Madhapur.
Old 21st August 2011, 08:07   #3579
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Yes, must have confused it with "Chilis" in Inorbit Mall at Madhapur.
I'm guessing she couldn't have confused those two, as they are both very common(and different) here in the US where she lives. I'm just wondering if there is some Mexican specific place there that she confused things with.
Old 21st August 2011, 15:19   #3580
BHPian

Iftar Combo from "Zurna", Raj Bhawan Road, Hyderabad :

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20110821_1502.jpg

I picked up 2 combos for lunch today. Costed me 150 X 2 + 4 % = 312.

What I got was around 1/2 plate Chicken 65, Dum Ka Murgh (with 2 big pieces of chicken), 2 Tandoori Rotis, 3/4 plate biryani (one combo had chicken while other had mutton), Qubani Ka Meetha, 350 ml Thums Up in each combo.

The quantity of the 2 combos was enough for 4 of us and there was enough food left over for the maid to manage her meal also.

Absolutely worth it and VFM.

Thanks is due to MileCruncher for having pointed out the offer to me last night at the Haleem Meet.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 22:55   #3581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Iftar Combo from "Zurna", Raj Bhawan Road, Hyderabad :

The quantity of the 2 combos was enough for 4 of us and there was enough food left over for the maid to manage her meal also.

Absolutely worth it and VFM.

Thanks is due to MileCruncher for having pointed out the offer to me last night at the Haleem Meet.
I had it for dinner today. My son and I could not finish the amount of stuff they packed for Rs 157. Real VFM stuff. Thanks to Waseem for posting about it, and reminding me personaly about it.

I also tried out the kulfi at Punjab & Sindh and it was real good for Rs 25.
Thanks to Ranjitp1 and Hyd-Traveller for posting about it.
Old 21st August 2011, 23:21   #3582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Try the besan ke ladu.
Excellent stuff. A lil expensive though. I paid around 70 bucks for 4 ladoos. But they taste to so nice.
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:06   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Herbal Ghee Paneer Herbal Desi Ghee Fresh Cream Mava (Khoa) Lassi Chaas Shrikhand White Butter Basundi Rabadi Kharvas Milk Curd Kulfi Pro Biotic Curd now has a branch in Jubilee Hills Rd #36.
Its opposite the heritage fresh store. You need to cross fresh and take the next U-Turn.
The Rabdi was excellent. Not too sweet not too thick. Just perfect.
I also ended up picking up some paare(black pepper). Very nice.
Check them out. I have a feeling Mr Bajaj is going to like this place.
Quote:
You can be pretty sure I will like the place. Thanks!
They make the most awesome "paneer" I have ever had in my life. Much better than Delhi.
They also have some lovely chat masala they sell along with the paneer for an extra amount. It comes in a very nice salt type shaker.
Just slice the paneer, sprinkle a little masala and you are all set to enjoy the snack. No cooking required, no milky smell, just great taste.
Above opinion based on the paneer eaten at and packed for home from their Lokhandwala outlet during my last visit to Mumbai.
Quote:
Bought Paneer and the masala powder yesterday. Excellent. One of the best I have ever had.
Quote:
Sind Punjab is our favorite for paneer and kulfi now a days.their kulfi is mind blowing priced at inr35 a stick.their shrikhand is another amazing offering
Quote:
http://punjabsind.com/
Their lassis are pretty good as well
Quote:
Quote:
Try the besan ke ladu.
Excellent stuff. A lil expensive though. I paid around 70 bucks for 4 ladoos. But they taste to so nice.
It is high time that this thread is cleaned up and the facts are made known to all. Let me act as a moderator for once.

Punjab Sind is the discovery of Bblost.

I only waxed eloquence about their Paneer and more than that about their Chat Masala.

Glad that everyone who has visited it has enjoyed their experience though I will be visiting that place only for : (1) Chat Masala, (2) Paneer.

OT : When I visited it on Thursday, the owner (Mrs. Vinita) was talking to someone on the phone and she said that while others sell fresh paneer, she sells Fresh Malai Paneer. I do tend to agree with her because the paneer is as soft as malai.

Quote:
I had picked up a mutton dish from Point Pleasant last night for my Seheri.
SALTY

Rs 200 for ridiculously low quantity.
Hey Imran,

Came across your this post when searching for all the links about Punjab Sind's Paneer as above.

What was salty? I mean you never got around naming the dish.

Is it a one off situation or a trend there?

What put you off more, the saltiness or the ridiculous pricing for low quantity?

I was thinking of going there but for now, I do not know till I get your opinion.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 22nd August 2011 at 10:17.
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:20   #3584
Team-BHP Support

The dish was salty. I had picked it up for my Saheri and it was difficult eating it.
Could manage, but not something I liked.

The meat however was very well cooked. But it had a lot of ghee/ oil as well.

The dish was some mutton dish. I did not pay much attention to the name. Simply said give me something nice in mutton.
I was buying it after finishing my taraweh prayers in the adjacent mosque and hence not really paying much attention.

The quantity was also a turn off. But considering the saltiness in the gravy, was a good thing.

Am very happy everyone likes Punjab&Sind. Does it matter who discovers a restaurant. End of the day, we all get to enjoy good food and avoid not so good food.

I owe this discovery () to my cycling. Lets one pay a lot of attention to the surroundings.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:30   #3585
BHPian

Visiting Hyderabad on Business. Staying at the Lemon Tree Hitec city.

What are my options for the best Biriyani I can get in the vicinity. Love sea food too,..so if I can get both at the same place nothing like it.

I always make it a point to visit Southern Spice (For lunch) and Paradise (take away)..! i was hoping to broaden my horizon by trying someplace new.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Torque-ative : 22nd August 2011 at 12:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks