Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 10:44   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
time of x-mas and in the evening not a single soul on decorated road. may be too cold to walk.
No Ashish, this is a busy road. It is the central road, like the main street of Friedberg. On the same road we had to hunt for parking for 10 minutes the earlier evening. The photos are taken at 10pm, which by winter standards is very, very late as the sun sets by 4.

The streets are decorated for the evenings. People like to get home by 6 or 7 and enjoy their beautiful, warm homes with their family, instead of roaming the streets late at night.
Even in Diwali, it is not that you will find full public at midnight on the streets. It is just that our streets don't look this decorated at midnight.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 6th January 2009 at 10:46.
Old 7th January 2009, 13:00   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® - 28th December 2008

I have to get up early. Jenny's niece is visiting her uncle for new years and the train has to be taken from Fulda.
It is a wonderful drive in the Touareg and Fulda is an interesting city, well parts of it are.

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-picture-5.png

Unfortunately I have forgotten to take me camera and I have no photos of the journey or the destination.

We drop Julia off to Fulda railway station and make quick time back. Now we relax at home for a bit. Outside it is still a bright and beautiful day, but now getting bitterly cold.

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6187_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6188_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6190_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6195_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6206_l.jpg

Oh come on Jenny, let's go somewhere outside, look the sun is still out!!

I cannot really blame her (though I do) - imagine if you had to say goodbye to everyone you ever knew! Imagine how many phone calls and visits you'd have to make.
And that's what I see every day. She meets the ones who are nearest and calls all the ones who mean something to her.

I content myself by being there for her and playing with the kids. Frankly, there isn't much for me to do, except be there for her.

Later, by about 3, we leave for a short walk. Already we are chasing the setting sun, elusive thing that hides behind tree tops and peeks out from between hills.
It is dramatically different, the temperature in the shade and in the sun. I run behind spots of sunlight, trying to bask in its glory, behaving like I'm full of chlorophyll.

Bad Nauheim is a picturesque little town, no one can help but like it to little bits.

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6216_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6218_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6226_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6227_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6228_l.jpg

There isn't much sun to be found on the riverside, so we decide to go over to Thomas' house. Thomas is Jenny's brother and TheBrother® on the forum. He lives in the rose district of Bad Nauheim, an area that is surrounded by (duh) rose fields.

And that is his home. With the red drapes.

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6230_l.jpg

Thomas is probably still sleeping. We park the car and walk around his place.

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6235_l.jpg
A Jeep parked near the Rose Greenhouse.

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6239_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6240_l.jpg

Let's wake him up!
Oh come on Jenny, let the boy sleep.
No let's scare him and wake him up.

I stand quietly and Jenny raps on his French Windows.
uuuhhh huuuu uhhh huuuuu she makes. Like a sickly ghost, lol.

Rap rap. UUUhhhh Huuuuuu uuuuhhh Huuuuu....

I roll my eyes upwards. The curtains open by a few inches and a middle finger sticks up between the drapes. Thomas is up.

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-dsc_6241_l.jpg
A view of Jenny through the room and the haunted windows, lol.

We drag him up and out of bed. The thing is that we're to go ice-skating today and the only person as bad as I am, is Thomas. I do not wish to be alone when I fall on my butt!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 7th January 2009 at 13:15.
Old 7th January 2009, 15:34   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam, I have connection issues interfering with my enjoyment of your photos: but what I do get to see is brilliant!

(Whoa... your last post has loaded now; I can enjoy )
Old 7th January 2009, 15:50   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I cannot really blame her (though I do) - imagine if you had to say goodbye to everyone you ever knew!
I would love to hear Jenny's take on this point. Leaving behind everything and everyone that you have ever known. I would never be able to do something like this.

Brilliant as always Sam.

Last edited by vikram_d : 7th January 2009 at 15:50. Reason: Spell check
Old 7th January 2009, 17:53   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Leaving behind everything and everyone that you have ever known. I would never be able to do something like this..
Almost every wife in India has done this, perhaps on a smaller level. It is not an easy thing to do.

But to leave your culture, country, food, family and friends is not an easy thing to do. She has done it for love.

This is something for which she will forever have my respect, regardless of where we will live in the future.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:00   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
She has done it for love.

This is something for which she will forever have my respect, regardless of where we will live in the future.
And ours as well.

Congrats to the two of you on reaching this fantastic milestone in your relationship.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:14   #172
BHPian

Sam this is one of your most beautiful blog and It has me hooked to it from the day one. Congratulations and best of luck to both of you.

Quote:
Almost every wife in India has done this, perhaps on a smaller level. It is not an easy thing to do.
it is very difficult to leave your parents and start a new life but all women have this knack to mould themselves into it.

Quote:
This is exactly what is needed for a wife, if she can get her due respect it makes it much easier for her to adjust.

Hats off Sam and Jenny.

Mansi
Old 7th January 2009, 18:37   #173
Senior - BHPian

Whew! I finally managed to catch up on the posts & the photos! Beyoooooooootttiful photos and narration, Sam! Made me feel like I was right there. Brightened up my day
Old 7th January 2009, 18:39   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....She has done it for love.
....and Tandoori Chicken too, I presume!

Kidding.....this really is one of the most straight-from-the-heart kinda blogs. Very involving, and very true to emotion. Best of luck, you guys!
Old 7th January 2009, 20:07   #175
Senior - BHPian

I somehow finished all the 12 pages in one shot. Sam, are we lagging behind almost 10 days as the last post is titled 28th December ? Very curious to know where the couple have reached (natural suspense and curiosity of any addicted reader here)!! All the very best to both of you ! Have a wonderful year 2009 and a great start of the real life together !
Old 9th January 2009, 11:10   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Very curious to know where the couple have reached (natural suspense and curiosity of any addicted reader here)!! !
They may be back in India on 6th jan.
NC knows better.
Old 9th January 2009, 11:45   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Almost every wife in India has done this
Most women do this when they get married especially if they get married to someone from another city/country. For Jenny this transition will be more diffcult becuase of the differences between our lifestyle and culture and hers. Still given what I know about you, Sam, I know she will get a lot of support and thanks to your friends and family I believe some of the pains of her transition will be aleviated.
Old 9th January 2009, 13:52   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Sam this is one of your most beautiful blog
Only if I had a penny for every time someone has posted that in ALL of Yeti's blog! It's the true compliment to an artist that all of his works are so amazing that one finds it difficult to choose the first amongst equals.
Old 9th January 2009, 14:00   #179
BHPian

Sam looking cute in that pic with the cap in the woods.
Old 9th January 2009, 15:56   #180
BHPian

Dilwale kahaan gaye.. Braut aayi kya?? Jaldi batao..

translation: where are the hearty people? did the bride get here? Pray tell with haste

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks