Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 19:30   #256
Senior - BHPian

Sam thanks for sharing these intimate details of your relationship throughout its course over the whole year with a number of blogs.
You know this is what we Indians are,we share our personal details to people we hardly know.Its what makes us special.

Your blogs have been something i have longed to read everyday.Its was a routine."check everyday for updates"

And each and every Blog has been amazing and has brought a smile on my face even on the most dismal of days.

Thank you Sam and Jenny.

May you both live together in more and more love forever in India and tell this beautiful tale to your grandchildren.

Its feels weird to think what it will be if we ever meet.I knowing almost everything about you both and you guys not knowing anything about me.
A very weird thought.lol.
Non the less looking forward to meeting you guys sometime in the future.

Hope we have a "couples" Tbhp meet this time in north India.

Cheers to the both of you!!
Old 28th January 2009, 19:34   #257

Jenny's commitment is the begining of this union. Yours now follows. For years to come.
Let her tears not go in vain. Not a single one.

Wallah! Kya eshtory!
The goofy hitler rules, but the smiling jesus saves.

Bandraboy, do take good care of the Phorenbraut!

Love to the both of you. Keep inspiring all of us here on T-BHP.
Old 28th January 2009, 20:48   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent Sam, and welcome to both of you!

I always forget you are catching up, and not writing in real time ---even when I'm reading about New Years Eve, and I know full well that it isn't January 31st! It's your all-engaging writing style.

That was a superb departure. Leavin on a Jet Plane too: an old favourite of mine!
Old 28th January 2009, 21:00   #259
Senior - BHPian

Sam & Jenny

I wish you all the happiness together. This whole "story" would give DDLJ a run for it's money !!

One thing tht I can think of is - the whole thing went smoothly coz you have had to deal with German people, whose thinking is so different from us Indians.

Put all your situations in the Indian context & you know what I am saying

Sam I think you are setting an example for people to respect women as equals, and I am truly flabberghasted (spelling?) to see no adverse reactions.

Wish you & Jenny all the very best in life. God Bless You Both

Cheers
Old 28th January 2009, 21:04   #260
BHPian

Been religiously following this thread for the past one month. All the very best to the both of you in your life together.
Old 28th January 2009, 22:06   #261
BHPian

So finally the braut and Yeti(brat) (doesnt that sound like beauty and the beast -- apologies please take it in a light vein) are in Mumbai and together .

I can understand the feelings you went through while coming back with Jenny. My engagement changed my perspective to my life and it made it our life from then on
Old 28th January 2009, 23:22   #262
Senior - BHPian

Amazing is a small word to describe this blog.
God bless The Couple®.

May you get all the happiness you ever wished for.
Enjoy the life ahead.
Old 28th January 2009, 23:25   #263
Sar
BHPian

Wow! I have just finished catching up with your blog, and you have made a usually unemotional person all weepy. Congratulations on the move Jenny, and I wish you every bit of luck, it will be fun. Also, Sam, if the lady wants to bring her cake knife and onion basket or her special washcloth, it is important

I can imagine how challenging it will be for Jenny. You guys should consider shipping stuff over a lot cheaper than excess baggage.
Wishing the both of you lots of love & happiness and fun in your lives.
Old 29th January 2009, 00:15   #264
Senior - BHPian

Phenomenal, man. Very touching, and very involving. What if you were to write a running live blog of your life?
Old 29th January 2009, 00:35   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
What if you were to write a running live blog of your life?
I have wondered. What if I was to indeed? Who would read it?

Regular life may not as interesting as these special times in our lives. Who wants to read about the time I went to work, returned home, ate and slept?

I write because you guys enjoy it. If people weren't around to enjoy it or if people didn't enjoy what I wrote: I wouldn't write at all.
Old 29th January 2009, 00:41   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar View Post
Congratulations on the move Jenny, and I wish you every bit of luck, it will be fun.
+ 1 to that - with Sam, it is always fun - well almost always
Old 29th January 2009, 00:51   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Sam & Jenny

I wish you all the happiness together. This whole "story" would give DDLJ a run for it's money !!
That's sweet, thanks Rick.
Quote:
One thing tht I can think of is - the whole thing went smoothly coz you have had to deal with German people, whose thinking is so different from us Indians.

Put all your situations in the Indian context & you know what I am saying
While I do understand what you mean by "Indian context" I think many Indians tend to generalize too easily.
German reactions are not too far from Indian reactions, honestly. What would be an "Indian" reaction to a situation like this?
And would that reaction apply to all of India?

From Samurai's family to Ishan's? From Rudra's family to GTO's? There is nothing like an "Indian" reaction to a delicate or family situation.

Another crime we often commit in our generalization - assuming there are only 2 kinds of people. Indians & Foreigners.
Is that it? All the people in our country and all the people in the rest of the world? Does one really think that a Canadian and Belgian reaction is similar? That Australian behaviour is similar to Swedish?

Of course I don't mean you Ricky, I am talking in general.

Quote:
Sam I think you are setting an example for people to respect women as equals, and I am truly flabberghasted (spelling?) to see no adverse reactions.
Now that's a funny statement Ricky.

Women are our equals, whether men respect that fact or not. In fact it is merely the male ego that thinks that we need to respect the "fact" that women are our equals.
Some kind of satisfying approval stamp that we designed for ourselves. Telling our egos that women are our equals because we allowed it. Mentioning to each other how we "respect" women.
Just imagine a bunch of women at a party and one tells the other "Hey, no matter what anyone says, I really respect men in general, I really can't stand a woman who doesn't respect her man" and you'll begin to realize how silly it actually sounds when men say it.

There is not one man in this world who can actually prove his superiority to a woman in any case. Not one.

Perhaps we men could be superior in brute strength, but that would make a mule far superior to us, wouldn't it?

And why would there be an adverse reaction to a simple matter of treating my woman as my equal? Are there many amongst us who do not consider their wives/girlfriends as their equals? And if there are, are there any who would be brave enough to admit it?

If you do not consider your woman as your equal and are afraid to admit it, then you have already mentally accepted her as your superior, haven't you, lol?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 29th January 2009 at 00:52.
Old 29th January 2009, 04:21   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Now that's a funny statement Ricky.

Women are our equals, whether men respect that fact or not. In fact it is merely the male ego that thinks that we need to respect the "fact" that women are our equals.
Some kind of satisfying approval stamp that we designed for ourselves. Telling our egos that women are our equals because we allowed it. Mentioning to each other how we "respect" women.
Just imagine a bunch of women at a party and one tells the other "Hey, no matter what anyone says, I really respect men in general, I really can't stand a woman who doesn't respect her man" and you'll begin to realize how silly it actually sounds when men say it.

There is not one man in this world who can actually prove his superiority to a woman in any case. Not one.

Perhaps we men could be superior in brute strength, but that would make a mule far superior to us, wouldn't it?

And why would there be an adverse reaction to a simple matter of treating my woman as my equal? Are there many amongst us who do not consider their wives/girlfriends as their equals? And if there are, are there any who would be brave enough to admit it?

If you do not consider your woman as your equal and are afraid to admit it, then you have already mentally accepted her as your superior, haven't you, lol?
Dear God, that was awesome.
I was tempted to reply to that post but im confident i could'nt have said it better.
I too have been following this thread(and most of your blogs) and silently wishing the two of you success and health. I don't post in them due to the fact that it would be irrelevant. An audience watches, and i(we) read.
Coudn't stop myself from posting after reading this post though. I(we) know
that your narrations and writing style are epic, but now, i am convinced that the person responsible is even better.
Old 29th January 2009, 07:16   #269
Senior - BHPian

Sam bhai, I feel happy that you now have Jenny by your side, always. Bhabhi ko khush rakhna !!

And pass me what is left of that toilet paper roll, please..
Old 29th January 2009, 09:06   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

The weather in Germany

This trip I faced the coldest temperature I had ever experienced in Germany, down to -10.5. To be fair, this was only one day, on the drive to Winterberg.
Mostly the average low was -5 or -6 (still very cold) - The 2nd of January finally saw just a little snow and I took some pictures. We returned to India on the 3rd of January.
On the 4th there was heavy snow and the temperature dropped to -15 in Bad Nauheim and down to -25 in certain parts of Germany. We were spared this onslaught. But cold or not, it was beautiful.
Jenny's BIL sent us photos of Bad Nauheim just after we left and here they are:

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-car1.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-car2.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-car3.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-car4.jpg

YetiBlog® - Dilwale Braut le jayenge-car5.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks