Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 14:56   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-12.png
I usually switch between Davidoff Cool water & Hugo Boss Bottled and pick them up mainly from Duty Free while travelling/transiting. The Davidoff works well for the summer and day time, while Hugo Boss is good for evenings and Winter. Off lately due to the pandemic and lack of travel, I have been using some perfumes I got as gifts from friends/family. They are more affordable and does their duty well. The Solid is a good summer perfume, while the Eternal love is an all rounder.
Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-30.png
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 15:52   #872
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Bought 2 perfumes recently from Mumbai Duty Free. Dior Sauvage costed Rs 8,022 while Blue De Chanel costed 9.6k. Had been eyeing them for long but couldn't find them at any of the local malls.

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-img_9379.jpg
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 08:46   #873
BHPian

Got these 2 Blockbusters from the House of Rasasi, from a relative coming back from Dubai Trip. Hawas is Beautiful and has a very Pleasing fragrance. Shuhrah is well...Different. Still not sure if i like it or not. I read that it grows on you. Will have to see.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-rasasi.jpg  

abhi3284 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 19:18   #874
BHPian

Hello folks

I need an advice. I genuinely hate sweet smell perfumes. I have kind of allergy to them, my sleep get disturbed.

I need a perfume that is not sweet smelling and have preference for citrus, aqua cool kind of a fragrance. Please suggest perfume for men.

Last edited by IP_Man : 9th July 2022 at 19:22. Reason: Tupo
IP_Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 07:55   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
Hello folks

I need an advice. I genuinely hate sweet smell perfumes. I have kind of allergy to them, my sleep get disturbed.

I need a perfume that is not sweet smelling and have preference for citrus, aqua cool kind of a fragrance. Please suggest perfume for men.
You could check out:

Eau Sauvage by Dior
Vera Wang by Vera Wang
Cool Water by Davidoff
Acqua di Gio by Armani
Silver Mountain Water by Creed
Agarwaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 08:51   #876
BHPian

I had used F1 ( Formula 1 ) branded perfume many years ago and I can't find it anywhere now in India. Any leads ?

It had an amazing aqua fragrance.
Old 10th July 2022, 08:58   #877
BHPian

Tata Skinn Steele is a fabulous perfume. I directly buy it from Tata Cliq website.
searacer932 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 09:55   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Bought 2 perfumes recently from Mumbai Duty Free. Dior Sauvage costed Rs 8,022 while Blue De Chanel costed 9.6k. Had been eyeing them for long but couldn't find them at any of the local malls.

Attachment 2228312
Hey! Could you please let me know how's the sillage on your Chanel? I bought mine from Dubai (Sephora, not duty free) and it's quite disappointing. Thank you
Old 12th July 2022, 13:59   #879
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post
Hey! Could you please let me know how's the sillage on your Chanel? I bought mine from Dubai (Sephora, not duty free) and it's quite disappointing. Thank you
Sorry, I'm yet to start using the Chanel. Currently, using Dior Sauvage & Jaguar.
Old 12th July 2022, 14:19   #880
Senior - BHPian

found a nice little hack.

1. First apply a base level perfume - any normal perfume will do, a Benetton, or Marks and Spencers
2. Top it up with another layer of the expensive ones - like the Issimiyake or Hugo Sport.

This lasts longer for me and has a nice feel as well.

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 20:38   #881
BHPian

My current collection is:

- Terre d'Hermes
- Creed Aventus (my favorite)
- Dior Suavage (cheaper alternative to Creed Aventus)
- Viktor & Rolf - Spicebomb (second favorite)
- Chanel - Egoiste
- Chanel - Platinum Egoiste
- Chanel - BLEU
- Azzaro for Men
- Gucci Guilty
infotech58 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 13:49   #882
BANNED

I am in need of a perfume that is long lasting. I haven't used very expensive perfumes and generally can't prepare myself to spend a lot on buying a perfume in malls where there is no discount on these item. And I feel like I am throwing my money away. Plus, I don't seem to like many smell somehow, so I don't try to buy stuff online often. But occionsionly I do want to wear a perfume so have the regular wild stone, park avenue etc.

Now there was one perfume that was favorite long back but they stopped production. Setwet body perfume. Remember the ad? It was gel based directly applied on body. And it was too good IMO those days.

I wanted to know if there are any similar smelling perfume in the market that is long lasting.

Last edited by ottocycle : 21st October 2022 at 13:50.
Old 21st October 2022, 14:38   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I haven't used very expensive perfumes and generally can't prepare myself to spend a lot on buying a perfume in malls.... Plus, I don't seem to like many smell somehow, so I don't try to buy stuff online often. But occionsionly I do want to wear a perfume so have the regular wild stone, park avenue etc.
I've been in the same boat my friend. Never used, or rather had the courage to splurge vast amounts on perfumes and scents. Also, didn't like so many of those 'exquisite' perfumes everyone keeps blabbering about.

Thanks to fellow Bhpian here, I've found my taste is aqua. Like the smell from that category.
I've been using two perfumes alternately, wildstone and Villain. Both in aqua. Love them. Not long lasting as such though.
Old 28th March 2023, 13:32   #884
BHPian

My collection(!) is rather interesting and odd(?),

Yardley Gold
Rasasi Chastity
Lattafa Oud for Glory

and then, the rabbit hole of clones! I have found this store in Hyderabad that sell clones of most of the expensive perfumes. I don't want to spend tens of thousands on perfumes, and I am not exactly a connoisseur, so as long as I smell good, I am not bothered whether the clone is a perfect one or not, but in general I have found them to be good.

The clones I have with me:
Aqua Di Gio
Davidoff Coolwater
Rasasi Entebaa
Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijaal
Rasasi Dareej (I have previously used it and love it, intend to buy a bottle in near future)
and a decant of Rasasi Hawas.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 13:49   #885
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone recommend some summer perfumes? I am travelling quite a bit and everytime I pass duty free I wish I knew what to buy but I just hate wasting too much time shopping I'm the kind of person who likes to know what they want, go ask for it and buy it. Something fruity or slightly translucent. For reference my all time favorite fragrance is Bulgari au the rouge (if someone knows where I can get that please let me know as I have finished mine).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks