Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2019, 10:11   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I was looking for something in the sub 3K range and I hardly liked anything I tried.
Did you try the Titan Skinn range? I felt it lasts a bit longer than others. If you liked Coolwater, you might like their Amalfi Bleu. Can try Steele or Raw too at a Titan store near you.
Old 26th January 2019, 12:35   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was looking for something in the sub 3K range and I hardly liked anything I tried.

Do we really have to spend above 3K for a good perfume? Another one I like is Davidoff Coolwater, but that's again Rs. 4.5K or so at duty-free shops in Airports.
Try out Bulgari Man you wont regret it. It is a little more than 3k but worth every single extra rupee. Mont Blanc offers good perfumes in the sub 3k price bracket.
Old 27th January 2019, 06:02   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by statix View Post
Guys i need help!

I am planning on gifting a perfume to my fiancée. Her birthday is coming up. I have no idea about perfumes. I get very confused.

Please suggest a list so that i can go and sample them this weekend. It should not be sweet. How is Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana?

Based on my recent purchases for our family members, My suggestions would be:

0. Tory Burch Love relentlessly
1. Vera wang princess
2. Burberry London
3. Gucci Bamboo
4. Michael Kors Ruby
5. Versace Woman

They are all fruity and floral smelling fragrances. But you won’t go wrong with the first 4 choices above. The Michael Kors is very very sweet!!

Vera wang is on the lower side of the price and Tory Burch is on the opposite side!

Last edited by trammway : 27th January 2019 at 06:08.
Old 27th January 2019, 09:29   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Guys i need help!

I am planning on gifting a perfume to my fiancée. Her birthday is coming up. I have no idea about perfumes. I get very confused.

Get the Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman or Paco Rabbane one million, best choice.
Old 27th January 2019, 10:58   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys i need help!

Please suggest a list so that i can go and sample them this weekend. It should not be sweet. How is Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana?
Light Blue is an amazing fragrance especially for our tropical climate. Apart from that I'd recommend Pure White Linen by Estee Lauder it's a lot more unique but as a result slightly more difficult to come by.

I would still recommend checking out some sweet fragrances. Mon Guerlain repped by Angelina Jolie, is something you cannot go wrong with. Tresor by Lancome is another epic fragrance and if you want to go all out, get Love in White by Creed; Michelle Obama reps this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Get the Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman or Paco Rabbane one million, best choice.
Paco Rabbane One Million is an all time favorite of mine but its definitely very sweet which he mentioned he does not want.
Old 28th January 2019, 18:17   #816
BHPian

Quote:

Do we really have to spend above 3K for a good perfume? Another one I like is Davidoff Coolwater, but that's again Rs. 4.5K or so at duty-free shops in Airports.
A few safe blind buys -

Versace Pour Homme
Boss Bottled EDP
Prada Man

If you can give more info on what notes you enjoy, we may be able to give you better recommendations
Old 31st January 2019, 13:04   #817
BHPian

I need some help on this BHPians. Any good recommendations for a proper deo that works for 10 hours? Deodorants/Perfumes that has heavy fragrance and smell gives me headache! Hence didnt venture into this territory so far. Is there any perfume or cologne which has a light but pleasant fragrance that can be used daily?
Old 2nd February 2019, 14:48   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Deodorants/Perfumes that has heavy fragrance and smell gives me headache!
I have that very same issue myself too - strong fragrances give me a headache. This is one of the reasons I prefer stairs over elevator - that closed container with so many people with cocktails of perfumes and deo is sure to give me a headache!

In the past I used to get one deo called "brut" - a sharp green container with black lid. I used to find that neutral enough and not headache inducing. Haven't seen it in a while though. Other bruts in the market today...tested, liked none!
Old 3rd February 2019, 22:16   #819
BHPian

Try TDH & ADG Profumo.
Old 1st March 2019, 00:51   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Do any of you shop for perfumes on Myntra?? Any feedback on authenticity?
Old 1st March 2019, 10:20   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Did you try the Titan Skinn range? I felt it lasts a bit longer than others. If you liked Coolwater, you might like their Amalfi Bleu. Can try Steele or Raw too at a Titan store near you.
Have been thinking about giving this a try. Will do over the weekend. Thanks for your reco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Try out Bulgari Man you wont regret it. It is a little more than 3k but worth every single extra rupee. Mont Blanc offers good perfumes in the sub 3k price bracket.
I was torn between the Polo Red Extreme and this one and finally decided on the former. Bought from Bangalore Duty Free last week but disappointed that the scent barely lasts for a few hours. My Armani Code Profumo bought from Amsterdam Duty Free few months ago and the Sauvage Dior bought almost 3 years ago smell wonderful. Both perfume and not EDT. I can even smell them on my self the next day and i dont spray a lot either. Does that mean the ones sold in Bangalore duty free are old stock or fake?

I paid 7k odd for the Polo Red Extreme and the Bulgari Man was also in the same price range (Red Extreme 125 ml and Man was 100 ml). Where did you source this for 3k?

Quote:
While we may be completely off the mark on our recommendations since you've not mentioned any preferences such as floral, spicy, fresh, etc. do take a look at this one:

https://www.yslbeautyus.com/fragranc...grance-for-her

Bought this recently for my wife and she loves it.

I prefer EDP over EDT as they are longer lasting although slightly more on the price.
Old 1st March 2019, 15:40   #822
BHPian

Bit of an anecdotal update, I also have Burberry London in my collection. I don't wear it to office - it gets worn for casual evening outings.

Other day in office washroom I could smell the distinct aroma of BB London - I thought somebody just sprayed or rather doused himself in perfume. It got stronger as I neared the urinals - that is when I realized it was the smell of the room freshener being used by janitors. It is so uncannily similar BB London! Now I would've to think twice before using the same [or even Diesel Fuel for Life which is similar to BB London]

Otherwise my regular wears are Boucheron Jaipur/YSL Opium [Perfumes do not last long on my body with the only exception of Bvlgary MAN - but I don't wear it much]
somspaple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 08:26   #823
BHPian

One of my close relatives is returning from Dubai and i am planning to get a Perfume ordered. I am not too much into Perfumes, hence am looking for some suggestions on few good tried and tested Perfumes for Men. I know Davidoff Coolwater is a popular one, but need a few more options. Not looking for too expensive ones though.

Thanks.
Old 20th March 2019, 09:29   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
One of my close relatives is returning from Dubai and i am planning to get a Perfume ordered. I am not too much into Perfumes, hence am looking for some suggestions on few good tried and tested Perfumes for Men. I know Davidoff Coolwater is a popular one, but need a few more options. Not looking for too expensive ones though.

Thanks.
Try the EDT from Marks and Spencers- any of their stores will stock the complete range. Very reasonably priced, but some lovely fragrances. I use the Cool Water and Autograph ranges from M&S, both have turned out to be great and fairly long lasting.

Another desi option is Titan Skinn range of perfumes, I have heard good things about them, though haven't used them personally. Tester bottles at malls proved pleasant enough though!

If you insist on spending more money, and since you are getting the perfume from Dubai, try Issey Miyake Sport. Lovely perfume, especially for summers.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 20th March 2019 at 09:39.
Old 20th March 2019, 09:31   #825
Senior - BHPian

I am using Brut from 12 years, other option has been Yardley.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks