Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2019, 13:35   #856
BHPian

Re: Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Will they be significantly cheaper at duty free stores, e.g. Dubai airport, as compared to purchasing online through Amazon or from a retail mall in India?
Yes the price will be cheaper compared to retail malls. Buying online is a hit or miss as there are problems regarding fake perfumes and not so great storage, irrespective of easy returns. Buying at duty-free also gets you latest stock.
Davidoff is a good choice but then again it’s everybody’s choice. There are other options within the Aqua and fougere genres which will make you smell a little less common.
As you are buying cheaper from duty-free shops,you can get a more expensive perfume for the same price you can buy a Davidoff in India for.
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:33   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Which is the best place to purchase perfumes ? Will they be significantly cheaper at duty free stores, e.g. Dubai airport, as compared to purchasing online through Amazon or from a retail mall in India? Planning to pick up a Davidoff, and might ask a friend to do so when he travels through Dubai duty free later this month.
This will be cheaper in a Retail Mall in India or Amazon. However, buying perfumes online is a risk with regards to originality.

I recently bought Armani Code in Shoppers Stop. The benefit of doing this is you can buy these during Sale alongwith some credit card offer. Or if you have a decent number of Reward points available on your Credit Card or the SS / Lifestyle membership, you can buy with those. I bought the perfume completely on SS Vouchers thru Reward Points & SS Membership points.

I had checked some of the regular perfume prices in Dubai Duty Free in July this year. There is absolutely no difference. In some cases, even higher due to conversion rates. Buying perfumes from Duty-Free is a big NO.

Dubai Duty-Free - 391 AED (7600 Rs.)
https://www.dubaidutyfree.com/giorgi...duct/102004286

Shoppers Stop - 6000 Rs.
https://www.shoppersstop.com/giorgio...202391680_9999

Last edited by tejas08 : 23rd September 2019 at 15:44. Reason: Price Comparison Links added.
tejas08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 18:18   #858
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which is the best place to purchase perfumes ? Will they be significantly cheaper at duty free stores, e.g. Dubai airport,
Davidoff can be had for 3.3k for 75ml & 3.9k for 100ml at a local mall during the Flat 50/End of Season Sale! Highly doubt it will be cheaper than that at any Duty Free. At Dubai Duty Free, you can perhaps try for Blu De Chanel or Dior Savage which are not available at most malls in India!

Btw, the Bvlgari Man Extreme which I've been using past few months has very poor longevity, struggles to last even 2hrs. The word 'extreme' is quite misleading!
Old 11th October 2019, 22:14   #859
Senior - BHPian

Anybody tried perfumes from 'The Man Company'?
Old 30th November 2019, 21:46   #860
BHPian

My daily use bottle of Skinn Amlfi blue is almost over so was searching for something stronger and which would last longer.

On a trip today to Orion Mall in my city Bangalore, came across a perfume kiosk called Feeling Perfume of Sultanate of Oman , the perfumes are stored in multiple glass dispensers and has an expensive aura to it. On enquiring the prices turned out to be very reasonable.

Me and my fiance both bought a bottle each of 100 ml EDP, after choosing from a decent variety of fragrances, the chosen one is then poured onto a glass bottle and sealed with a dispenser which is then closed with a crystal cap. The perfume i bought is called Still which is dominated by citrus notes and costed Rs.1400. I have fallen in love with the fragrance and the company which sells it , won't be thinking of switching anytime soon.

Overall a fantastic perfume and a wonderful purchase experience.

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-15751305408518473343881309997748.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th May 2020 at 14:36. Reason: spacing for better readability
Thebat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 08:04   #861
Senior - BHPian

Difference is quality. What you get in India is a slightly dilute version, since pricing is low. Buy from both and see the difference. Also, Dubai duty free sells 100% original stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I had checked some of the regular perfume prices in Dubai Duty Free in July this year. There is absolutely no difference. In some cases, even higher due to conversion rates. Buying perfumes from Duty-Free is a big NO.
Old 17th December 2019, 15:34   #862
BHPian

Which place in Bangalore for good quality attars?
Old 12th May 2020, 10:15   #863
BHPian

Jean Paul Gaultier Men EDT(125ml)

+ Suitable for cool climates and air conditioned indoor spaces.
+ Was used just a few times for special occasions.
+ Doesn't work well for sunny/tropical/outdoor wear.

Reviews: https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...-Male-430.html

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-2-1.jpg  

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-img_20200512_094105.jpg  

dj_666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 10:21   #864
BHPian

Hello.

Would anybody be interested in a Jean Paul Gaultier Men EDT(125ml) ?

Details posted here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ow-bhpian.html (The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian)

Thanks
dj_666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 11:16   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_666 View Post
Hello.

Would anybody be interested in a Jean Paul Gaultier Men EDT(125ml) ?

Details posted here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ow-bhpian.html (The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian)

Thanks
Sure, I would be interested in this. Please let me know how can I reach out to you, since PM is not yet enabled for you

P.S : Would be willing to bear the courier charges too

Last edited by akhil994 : 12th May 2020 at 11:19.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 15:46   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Anybody tried perfumes from 'The Man Company'?
Yes, I have tried, my honest opinion they are not worth it. Avoid.
I bought a perfume and 3 deodorants, 1 deodorant was good rest all are waste of money. Perfume completely waste.
Old 13th May 2020, 14:20   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Sure, I would be interested in this.
Would be glad if you can put it to use

Please email me:
ideationp@gmail.com
Old 26th September 2020, 15:28   #868
BHPian

Miami PlayBoy deodorant was my anytime favorite for years and i was disappointed to understand that it was discontinued by the manufacturer atleast 4-5 years back. Since then i am in the lookout for a Deo brand whose fragrance resembles or comes closer to that of Miami Playboy, Any Suggestions?

https://www.amazon.in/Playboy-Miami-.../dp/B009NQTUFS
Old 25th April 2021, 13:36   #869
BHPian

My current collection :

Chanel - Allure Homme Sport
Issey Miyake - L'eau D'issey
Calvin Klein - One
Calvin Klein - Euphoria Men
Mont Blanc - Legend Spirit
Carolina Herrera - Bad Boy NY
Carolina Herrera - 212 VIP Men | Are you on the list?
Burberry - Brit Rhythm
Hugo Boss - Just Different
Hermès - Eau de Gentiane Blanche
Ralph Lauren - Polo Green
Zara - Silver
Zara - Man Gold
Brut

I have been using perfumes since 2007 (IIRC). Before that, it used to be the spritzes from my dad's perfume collection. My first perfume was from Peri Ellis, then graduated to Jacques Bogart and then directly to One Million from Paco Rabanne. I also experimented with low-budget perfumes such as from Zara. They were actually pretty good for the price paid and I was under the impression that cheap perfumes = bad fragrance but Zara happened to change that notion for me. Over the years, I have added these perfumes to my collection and am currently using them. I have no plans to experiment with something new for now and will be continuing with replacements for the next few years.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-whatsapp-image-20210425-12.15.31.jpeg  

ard1955 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 14:15   #870
Team-BHP Support

Went through these over the last decade or so:

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-c553f718ed654ab7a906a4a1dc54eca7.jpeg

Using these at the moment along with a 50 ml Hermes’ Terre D'Hermès.

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-ce39459350704661bfdd01c46178cab5.jpeg

If I were to pick just one out of the lot, it will be the Cool Water. Man, what a refreshing fragrance! I hear Rasasi’s Hawas is giving the big ones a real run for their money. Would love to pick it up some day.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th April 2021 at 15:27.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed