Team-BHP - Sunglasses you own and wear thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Sunglasses you own and wear thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/53834-sunglasses-you-own-wear-thread-22.html)

beejay
i want a pair of serengeti drivers (aviator style)
can you PM me where to buy in BLR?
else I shall have to wait for the next International holiday!
cheers

guys, does sunglasses(lightest shade obviously) help cut glare in night time driving?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2621871)
beejay
i want a pair of serengeti drivers (aviator style)
can you PM me where to buy in BLR?
else I shall have to wait for the next International holiday!
cheers

Serengetti does not have a distributor in India. Assuming you will have to buy them abroad. You will find most of the styles at outlets in HK. If you are a little patient, like say February, I will show you something that's the God of all eye wear/ sun wear. Fingers crossed.

Cool! Many thanks!
Shall have to wait or else buy somewhere abroad on the next trip.
Am very particular about Serengeti Drivers being my preferred brand of eyewear - hence the query.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 2622181)
Serengetti does not have a distributor in India. Assuming you will have to buy them abroad. You will find most of the styles at outlets in HK. If you are a little patient, like say February, I will show you something that's the God of all eye wear/ sun wear. Fingers crossed.

Hoy Beejay!
I ve ordered a pair of Serengetis from abroad. Should be with me in a week or two. Will tell you more about them when I get them. Simple classic Aviator style - similar to that lovely Apogee range which are at the upper end of their range!

Now you need to give me some advice on a nice pair of tough, durable, high quality sports glasses for golf and cycling. Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 2622181)

The Serengeti Summit is very good for outdoors and sports kind of use, sadly it is discontinued as it seems so in favor of newer designs but once in a while pops up on EBay.
I use two pairs of Serengetis, but mostly the Summit, loved it so much that planning for another pair of the same just in case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2624819)
Hoy Beejay!
I ve ordered a pair of Serengetis from abroad. Should be with me in a week or two. Will tell you more about them when I get them. Simple classic Aviator style - similar to that lovely Apogee range which are at the upper end of their range!

Now you need to give me some advice on a nice pair of tough, durable, high quality sports glasses for golf and cycling. Cheers!

Congrats. Its really good to know that you chose a balance between fashion and function. Today many people just buy a label. Very Good choice. But not the best.:D
For Golf, I would recommend Bolle, they also belong to the same parent company. Really good technology especially for glare on grass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 2626274)
But not the best.:D

In your opinion, which is the best brand?

To me Serengeti is a "definitive" sunglasses brand - function over form and fashion is my general motto.
Same way with watches and other such accessories - I would always prefer to buy a "definitive brand" in that category, rather than just any old watch.

Always better to go with a proven "category expert" brand rather than just any old "page 3 inspired brand" in my book anyway!

I wonder, as an expert in the trade yourself, which brand of sunglasses you would bestow the title of "Best" to - do please enlighten me!

Your suggestion of Bolle definitely makes sense - I like those a lot but my usage is very limited because I only wear them when Im walking the course - never when Im addressing the ball, hitting it or putting out, because I find that any sunglasses interfere a lot with my ability to judge distance, direction, strength and so on - while playing sport that is, not normally!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 2626274)
Congrats. Its really good to know that you chose a balance between fashion and function. Today many people just buy a label. Very Good choice. But not the best.:D
For Golf, I would recommend Bolle, they also belong to the same parent company. Really good technology especially for glare on grass.

Ray- Ban Aviators

Bought them from the Army Canteen in 2008 for about INR 1600 in the metallic brown colour. Its been 3.5 years, and I have used it as my daily, party, golf and other wear. Still gleams like new, and goes with anything/ everything.

Cheers,
Tapish

So Beejay me old pal!
Here they are. The long awaited, Serengetis that Ive been lusting after for the last 20 years! They arrived last evening.
Classic Aviator shape with those lovely ambermatic lenses with gradient. Excellent while driving. Used them this morning and they are lovely. Fit like a glove and really soothe the eyes.

I wear prescribed glasses. So I get very limited option for sunglasses. But recently got a Ray Ban Aviators made. Not classic but kinda modified.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2641607)
So Beejay me old pal!
Here they are. The long awaited, Serengetis that Ive been lusting after for the last 20 years! They arrived last evening.
Classic Aviator shape with those lovely ambermatic lenses with gradient. Excellent while driving. Used them this morning and they are lovely. Fit like a glove and really soothe the eyes.

Finally, not another Rayban.

Looks are very basic, however truly functional. Again, good choice.

Will keep you updated if things develop to the brand I told you the other day.

I dont like too much jazz on the looks.
Plain Jane aviator style suits the old mug and hence the choice is pre-ordained!
I ve got several Carreras all with that UV400 protection and most of them in the Aviator style.
Been using this type for years and hence am not comfortable experimenting.
Ray Ban was a preferred brand some 20 years plus, ago, but for me, no longer because they are just too common for one thing and I m not too keen on most of their designs except the original Aviators and Wayfarers.

But like I said, Serengetis to me are the definitive sunglass brand - for driving and other similar applications. I would not venture to the fashion brands for sunglasses or watches - I know most of them are made either by Luxottica or Safilo but most of their designs are not calculated to appeal to me per se.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 2642054)
Finally, not another Rayban.

Looks are very basic, however truly functional. Again, good choice.

Will keep you updated if things develop to the brand I told you the other day.

I would like to buy Ray-ban aviator polarized and am looking for this model. It will be used for driving car during day light. Will it be a good buy with this model and price (6K)? Need experts advisable to make online purchase from gkb. Thanks in advance.

RAY-BAN RB 3025 001/58 SUNGLASS