Team-BHP - Sunglasses you own and wear thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Sunglasses you own and wear thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/53834-sunglasses-you-own-wear-thread-24.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie
Any recommended store around bannerghatta road(Jayanager, JP Nager, HSRLayout, BTM) in bangalore to get Polarized sunglasses? Also, with budget of around 5K what will be the best brand that I can get.
Looking specifically for driving purposes.

i used to get my glasses from GKB Opticals in 4th block jayanagar. Might be others can comment on their quality now as its been quite some time since I did any purchases from them.

I got a POLAROID polarized sunglass yesterday. It cost me Rs 4400 with a Polaroid watch free. There were some good deals going on for fast track with 25% discount. After discount fast track polarized sunglass was coming to around 1600 rupees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 2671121)
I got a POLAROID polarized sunglass yesterday. It cost me Rs 4400 with a Polaroid watch free. There were some good deals going on for fast track with 25% discount. After discount fast track polarized sunglass was coming to around 1600 rupees.

Last week I bought Fast track polarized model M067GR3P for Rs.1570 (after 25% off). I hope the last letter P in the model number stands for Polarized. I am not able to locate this model in fast track India site but able to locate this one (without letter P at last) for the same price.

Sport - Model No:M067GR3

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayk (Post 2673438)
Last week I bought Fast track polarized model M067GR3P for Rs.1570 (after 25% off). I hope the last letter P in the model number stands for Polarized. I am not able to locate this model in fast track India site but able to locate this one (without letter P at last) for the same price.

Looks almost like an Aviator and definitely looks awesome.

Picked up a Oakley Fuel Cell..same style that ALonso wears.

Feels a little tight after wearing for > 1/2 hour. Too bad its not adjustable :(

Aren't the Oakley Fuel Cell heavy when you wear them? Can you post a pic of your new purchase?

Hi all,

Whats your take on Maui Jim WIKI WIKI Gold frame model ?As i am planning to buy.

Wiki Wiki

Is Dubai a good place to buy Sunglassess or the US plz advice ?

thanks
MSVG

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 2673555)
Picked up a Oakley Fuel Cell..same style that ALonso wears.

Feels a little tight after wearing for > 1/2 hour. Too bad its not adjustable :(

It will loosen up after a while I am sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvg (Post 2673601)
Hi all,

Whats your take on Maui Jim WIKI WIKI Gold frame model ?As i am planning to buy.

Wiki Wiki

Is Dubai a good place to buy Sunglassess or the US plz advice ?

thanks
MSVG

Thats a very good choice. Maui Jims are mostly priced the same worldwide. India is a competitive place to buy. All the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 2673656)
It will loosen up after a while I am sure.

Thats a very good choice. Maui Jims are mostly priced the same worldwide. India is a competitive place to buy. All the best.

Cheaper in India I think, IIRC, cousin got Maui Jims at a higher rate @ DXB.

OT, how do I register @ that site!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayk (Post 2673438)

They now have some sleek/sexier polarized models @ nice price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2673671)
Cheaper in India I think, IIRC, cousin got Maui Jims at a higher rate @ DXB.

OT, how do I register @ that site!

For sure India is cheaper for MauiJims and many other brands than DXB. The sad fact is that many of them are not aware.

Thats the employee login.

For those who could not see the image in the website, here is a picture of MauiJim wiki wiki.

I have with me the MauiJims posted above. MRP is 13920 and can give out for 11600. If anyone is interested please ping me. Pure titanium frame with polycarbonate polarized lenses.

Hi beejay, I am interested in a Luigi Colani, please check your pm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 2679260)
I have with me the MauiJims posted above. MRP is 13920 and can give out for 11600. If anyone is interested please ping me. Pure titanium frame with polycarbonate polarized lenses.

GKB, I Gate Opticals, Lawrence and Mayo etc - Buy yourself a pair of Carrera sunglasses @ ~5k. Very good value and excellent for driving. UV400 and so on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 2670012)
Any recommended store around bannerghatta road(Jayanager, JP Nager, HSRLayout, BTM) in bangalore to get Polarized sunglasses? Also, with budget of around 5K what will be the best brand that I can get.
Looking specifically for driving purposes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2731820)
Hi beejay, I am interested in a Luigi Colani, please check your pm.

Hello, apologies for the late reply. I saw you message on my phone. I am traveling and will respond to your mail soon. In the meanwhile, do conider Mauijims too. now available at many stores throughout the country, however let me know what you intend to pick up, ie. model name