Team-BHP - Sunglasses you own and wear thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Sunglasses you own and wear thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/53834-sunglasses-you-own-wear-thread-20.html)

My sunglasses-
!.- Police- arnd 8500
2.-Rayban- my favourite and arnd 5500
3.-Prada- 15k
4.-Christian dior-was around 380pounds.

For those of you who have been looking for an aviator in a normal and not oversize, this is a good model from carrera. Model name-Carrera Easy..

It's summer time here in Germany. Just purchased a Ray Ban Aviator RB 3025 with one of the new shades released this year.

I would also like to mention that initially I thought that the Aviator Large Metal RB 3025 with the 55-14 size would be much big on my face and ordered a Aviator small metal RB 3044 W3100 with the G15 lens. But once when the stock arrived in the shop, I went to check that out. But surprisingly it was way too small than I had imagined. The very first look at it, I told to the shopkeeper to take it away from my sight and that it is not for me. Later got to see the RB 3025 (the one below) and purchased it right away. I guess the 55-14 size would fit small to medium faces.

@beejay: What size variations do the Carrera Easy comes with?

Can anyone in Delhi find out which colours of the Ray Ban RB 3025, size 58 are available through CSD? Noida CSD has no stock. They had the brown with brown and the black with gun metal combinations earlier.
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe1980 (Post 2378922)

@beejay: What size variations do the Carrera Easy comes with?

Carrera easy size is 64-05.

This particular model is the one that I have sold most to women. Its quite stylish. Perfectly suits small face structure.

There are also few small sized aviators in Hugo Boss Orange Spring Summer 2011.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 2380604)
Carrera easy size is 64-05.

This particular model is the one that I have sold most to women. Its quite stylish. Perfectly suits small face structure.

There are also few small sized aviators in Hugo Boss Orange Spring Summer 2011.

Then I guess you should correct your post above with respect to the size. Ray Ban 3025 Aviators are much more smaller than the Carrera you mentioned. Ray Ban Aviators comes with 4 sizes 52 (the smallest), 55, 58 and 62 (the biggest). The Carerra model you mentioned is bigger than Aviator's biggest size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe1980 (Post 2378922)
It's summer time here in Germany. Just purchased a Ray Ban Aviator RB 3025 with one of the new shades released this year.
Later got to see the RB 3025 (the one below) and purchased it right away. I guess the 55-14 size would fit small to medium faces.

Hi Joe, Mind sharing the cot of this RB3025?

Raab Rakha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariesonu (Post 2381007)
Hi Joe, Mind sharing the cot of this RB3025?

Raab Rakha.

The one that I bought was a bit pricey. It costed me 200 Euros. I bought this from a retailer. Had I bought it online, I would have saved 20 to 30 Euros. But never mind, I have a shop to go in case I needed to make some alterations.

I prefer wearing RayBan aviators while driving. Others I have are Oakleys Stephen Murray edition worth 10.5 and Vogue worth 8.5, Ralph Lauren next on my list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe1980 (Post 2380924)
Then I guess you should correct your post above with respect to the size. Ray Ban 3025 Aviators are much more smaller than the Carrera you mentioned. Ray Ban Aviators comes with 4 sizes 52 (the smallest), 55, 58 and 62 (the biggest). The Carerra model you mentioned is bigger than Aviator's biggest size.

Can you please explain how size relates to the actual dimesion of the frame.
Again size is varied across brands. There are brands that are sized 48 and are bigger than 54 size in some brands.
This Carerra model is smaller than the rayban you have mentioned. First, see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 2381167)
Can you please explain how size relates to the actual dimesion of the frame.
Again size is varied across brands. There are brands that are sized 48 and are bigger than 54 size in some brands.
This Carerra model is smaller than the rayban you have mentioned. First, see it.

For example., have a look at the following site,

Frame Size, Frame Size Information, Eyeglass Frame Size, Sunglass Frame Size, How to Measure for a Frame

Of course there are brands that are sized 48 and look bigger. They might be bigger vertically which is good for sunglasses but horizontally they cannot measure more than 48 mm and if they do, then it must be fake because this information gets printed in one of the arm length. Size does not vary across brands. Frame sizes should be universal. The first 3 measurements eye-bridge-temple (55-14-140 for example) will mostly be universal. The fourth measurement, the vertical length will surely vary. Well, this is my understanding of the frame sizes. You might know it better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe1980 (Post 2381201)
Frame sizes should be universal. The first 3 measurements eye-bridge-temple (55-14-140 for example) will mostly be universal. The fourth measurement, the vertical length will surely vary.

Very impressive. Firstly, understand CLEARLY frame sizes are unique, there is a lot of literature out on the internet which is easy to copy paste.
My last post in this regards, please find yourself a Carerra easy, find a person with a small asian face and try on both Carrera and Rayban and see which fits snug.

Hi beejay,

Would it be possible for you to attach the literature for Carerra for their 2011 lineup or provide a link to the same. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2381496)
Hi beejay,

Would it be possible for you to attach the literature for Carerra for their 2011 lineup or provide a link to the same. Thanks.

Khoj,

The Spring Summer 2011 collections are there on my FB profile. The next collection is due out in September. Most of the Spring Summer 2011 collections are aviators. Will search for a link to share here.

My new acquisition, an Arnette:

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-jgp_2164.jpg

A self-shot with handheld camera:

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-jgp_2152.jpg