Team-BHP - Sunglasses you own and wear thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Sunglasses you own and wear thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/53834-sunglasses-you-own-wear-thread-23.html)

Finally i'm buying a car and looking to get a good set of driving glasses. My budget is upto 10k max, and i no nothing about sunglasses.

Any pointers on the brand to look for (value quality more than fashion) would be of great help.

I would highly recommend Serengeti Drivers. They are best glasses I ve ever owned! A close second, in my experience, are Carreras, followed by RayBan. Buy the amber lenses. They are really helpful for fatigue free driving! Ive been using the Serengetis ever since I got them recently and my eyes feel totally refreshed even after a long 5-6 hour drive in the day time.
You can buy Serengeti's off the web - PM me and I will tell you details. They would cost you about 8K or so.
Carrera's cost about 4-5K a pair. Similar pricing with Raybans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank.nk (Post 2654943)
Finally i'm buying a car and looking to get a good set of driving glasses. My budget is upto 10k max, and i no nothing about sunglasses.

Any pointers on the brand to look for (value quality more than fashion) would be of great help.

I have a Ray Ban Aviator Polarized and I find it good when driving. But like the others mentioned, there are even better ones from other brands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2654947)
Carrera's cost about 4-5K a pair. Similar pricing with Raybans.

Please locate / PM me where can I buy Rayban for this price. I hope the price you mentioned is for non polarized lenses. Actually I am looking for polarized Rayban with better price.

I welcome help from any one.

I own two pairs of sun-glasses.

One is a Polaroid (the brand) and they are polarized (no surprises there :p) and the other one is a pair of Benetton Aviators.

I love my aviators and wear them pretty often. Also because I've nearly destroyed my Polaroid sun-glasses over the years and it isn't in very good condition. :(

EDIT: I'd like to own a pair of Carreras one day. (Not just the car :D)

@Beejay and other experts!: I want to gift my GF a pair of sunglasses. Budget around 5K.. I currently use Polaroid polarized ones and just love them!

How good are Polaroid glasses in polarized category?

Usage is mostly for driving.

help pls!

Ray ban original vs fake well explained in this video. Hope it will be helpful to some of you if not seen before.

RARE VIDEO Ray-Ban AVIATOR: FAKE vs. REAL RB 3025 SUNGLASSES details - Ray-Ban Wayfarer Store

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthvikmagal (Post 2655067)
@Beejay and other experts!: I want to gift my GF a pair of sunglasses. Budget around 5K.. I currently use Polaroid polarized ones and just love them!

How good are Polaroid glasses in polarized category?

Usage is mostly for driving.

help pls!

When it's for driving, I always recommend polarized sun-glasses. The brand doesn't matter. Many good brands make polarized sun-glasses. You could go with Polaroid. Most of them are in the 3-5k range. Ray Bans and Carreras would be pricey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayk (Post 2654988)
Please locate / PM me where can I buy Rayban for this price. I hope the price you mentioned is for non polarized lenses. Actually I am looking for polarized Rayban with better price.

I welcome help from any one.

Try this site : Buy Contact Lenses, Sunglasses, Eyeglasses & Spectacles at Best Prices

I can see Rayban Non-Polarized ones for around 4.5K and the Polarized ones for 5.5K. Now, I am not sure how good or bad this site is. They have COD and 14Days "Money Back Guarantee" as well.

if the glasses are gonna be used primarily for driving, stick to polarized lenses,
and if polaroid as a brand dont suit ya budget, try miami blues. awesome design and uses a polaroid branded lens in a miami blues branded frame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bond_bhai (Post 2661969)
Try this site : Buy Contact Lenses, Sunglasses, Eyeglasses & Spectacles at Best Prices

I can see Rayban Non-Polarized ones for around 4.5K and the Polarized ones for 5.5K. Now, I am not sure how good or bad this site is. They have COD and 14Days "Money Back Guarantee" as well.

Thanks Bond_bhai.

There are many fake Raybans available in the market and even in online purchase after reading several reviews in net. As of now, I am getting the info of how to identify the original Ray ban. It seems the fakes are almost identical to original now a days. It is the fact even in US through online purchase. But if we go for branded shops / branded online shop, it is bit pricey.

Before learning all, time being, I just got Fast track polarized aviator model today (with 25% off available now). I drove my car in sunny outside by wearing it and the clarity is really good.

Still I am learning to get one 'Original' Ray ban 3025 polarized Aviator as I just love it :)

Would you still end up buying a fake Ray Ban when you buy it from a retailer rather than buying it online? Why not go to a shop and check that out yourself!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe1980 (Post 2663895)
Would you still end up buying a fake Ray Ban when you buy it from a retailer rather than buying it online?

I don't think so. But what I am telling is that before I am stepping into a shop, I should know what are all the parts and details in the product I must look to find it original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe1980 (Post 2663895)
Why not go to a shop and check that out yourself!

I would do it soon. My plan is the same after collecting the details about the original.

After breaking atleast 3 pairs of Ray ban Aviators in three years ( almost 15K's worth), i shifted to FCUK sunglasses. They are doing just fine, but not as comfy as Aviators.

Any recommended store around bannerghatta road(Jayanager, JP Nager, HSRLayout, BTM) in bangalore to get Polarized sunglasses? Also, with budget of around 5K what will be the best brand that I can get.
Looking specifically for driving purposes.