Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:36   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

Finally i'm buying a car and looking to get a good set of driving glasses. My budget is upto 10k max, and i no nothing about sunglasses.

Any pointers on the brand to look for (value quality more than fashion) would be of great help.
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:47   #332
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I would highly recommend Serengeti Drivers. They are best glasses I ve ever owned! A close second, in my experience, are Carreras, followed by RayBan. Buy the amber lenses. They are really helpful for fatigue free driving! Ive been using the Serengetis ever since I got them recently and my eyes feel totally refreshed even after a long 5-6 hour drive in the day time.
You can buy Serengeti's off the web - PM me and I will tell you details. They would cost you about 8K or so.
Carrera's cost about 4-5K a pair. Similar pricing with Raybans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Finally i'm buying a car and looking to get a good set of driving glasses. My budget is upto 10k max, and i no nothing about sunglasses.

Any pointers on the brand to look for (value quality more than fashion) would be of great help.
Old 22nd January 2012, 19:02   #333
BHPian

I have a Ray Ban Aviator Polarized and I find it good when driving. But like the others mentioned, there are even better ones from other brands.
Old 22nd January 2012, 19:58   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Carrera's cost about 4-5K a pair. Similar pricing with Raybans.
Please locate / PM me where can I buy Rayban for this price. I hope the price you mentioned is for non polarized lenses. Actually I am looking for polarized Rayban with better price.

I welcome help from any one.
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:37   #335
Team-BHP Support

I own two pairs of sun-glasses.

One is a Polaroid (the brand) and they are polarized (no surprises there ) and the other one is a pair of Benetton Aviators.

I love my aviators and wear them pretty often. Also because I've nearly destroyed my Polaroid sun-glasses over the years and it isn't in very good condition. :(

EDIT: I'd like to own a pair of Carreras one day. (Not just the car )

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd January 2012 at 21:38.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:48   #336
BANNED

@Beejay and other experts!: I want to gift my GF a pair of sunglasses. Budget around 5K.. I currently use Polaroid polarized ones and just love them!

How good are Polaroid glasses in polarized category?

Usage is mostly for driving.

help pls!
Old 28th January 2012, 23:55   #337
BHPian

Ray ban original vs fake well explained in this video. Hope it will be helpful to some of you if not seen before.

RARE VIDEO Ray-Ban AVIATOR: FAKE vs. REAL RB 3025 SUNGLASSES details - Ray-Ban Wayfarer Store
Old 29th January 2012, 00:31   #338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthvikmagal View Post
@Beejay and other experts!: I want to gift my GF a pair of sunglasses. Budget around 5K.. I currently use Polaroid polarized ones and just love them!

How good are Polaroid glasses in polarized category?

Usage is mostly for driving.

help pls!
When it's for driving, I always recommend polarized sun-glasses. The brand doesn't matter. Many good brands make polarized sun-glasses. You could go with Polaroid. Most of them are in the 3-5k range. Ray Bans and Carreras would be pricey.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 11:46   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Please locate / PM me where can I buy Rayban for this price. I hope the price you mentioned is for non polarized lenses. Actually I am looking for polarized Rayban with better price.

I welcome help from any one.
Try this site : Buy Contact Lenses, Sunglasses, Eyeglasses & Spectacles at Best Prices

I can see Rayban Non-Polarized ones for around 4.5K and the Polarized ones for 5.5K. Now, I am not sure how good or bad this site is. They have COD and 14Days "Money Back Guarantee" as well.
Old 29th January 2012, 12:10   #340
BHPian

if the glasses are gonna be used primarily for driving, stick to polarized lenses,
and if polaroid as a brand dont suit ya budget, try miami blues. awesome design and uses a polaroid branded lens in a miami blues branded frame.
khalil_khan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 23:03   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Try this site : Buy Contact Lenses, Sunglasses, Eyeglasses & Spectacles at Best Prices

I can see Rayban Non-Polarized ones for around 4.5K and the Polarized ones for 5.5K. Now, I am not sure how good or bad this site is. They have COD and 14Days "Money Back Guarantee" as well.
Thanks Bond_bhai.

There are many fake Raybans available in the market and even in online purchase after reading several reviews in net. As of now, I am getting the info of how to identify the original Ray ban. It seems the fakes are almost identical to original now a days. It is the fact even in US through online purchase. But if we go for branded shops / branded online shop, it is bit pricey.

Before learning all, time being, I just got Fast track polarized aviator model today (with 25% off available now). I drove my car in sunny outside by wearing it and the clarity is really good.

Still I am learning to get one 'Original' Ray ban 3025 polarized Aviator as I just love it
Old 30th January 2012, 21:59   #342
BHPian

Would you still end up buying a fake Ray Ban when you buy it from a retailer rather than buying it online? Why not go to a shop and check that out yourself!
Old 30th January 2012, 23:43   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Would you still end up buying a fake Ray Ban when you buy it from a retailer rather than buying it online?
I don't think so. But what I am telling is that before I am stepping into a shop, I should know what are all the parts and details in the product I must look to find it original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Why not go to a shop and check that out yourself!
I would do it soon. My plan is the same after collecting the details about the original.
Old 31st January 2012, 00:01   #344
Senior - BHPian

After breaking atleast 3 pairs of Ray ban Aviators in three years ( almost 15K's worth), i shifted to FCUK sunglasses. They are doing just fine, but not as comfy as Aviators.
Old 4th February 2012, 20:41   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommended store around bannerghatta road(Jayanager, JP Nager, HSRLayout, BTM) in bangalore to get Polarized sunglasses? Also, with budget of around 5K what will be the best brand that I can get.
Looking specifically for driving purposes.

Last edited by arun_josie : 4th February 2012 at 21:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks