Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:33   #5731
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Yes this movie was discussed in previous pages of the thread. Please check. The movie is outstanding
Did not see that as I was out of station for couple of weeks. Thought I will share here.
Old 26th September 2014, 00:42   #5732
Distinguished - BHPian

Castles in the sky

Based on the development of the radar by Robert Watson watt, i only watched this since it stars the best comedian in the world.
Eddie Izzard as watt.

This docupic has brilliant British settings, and the treatment takes you back to the time. Do watch if you're ww2 person.
5/5
Old 26th September 2014, 05:05   #5733
Senior - BHPian

The Game - 4/5

Interesting concept. The suspense keeps you glued to the seat till the climax.
The climax is good and keeps you smiling at the end as to what were you expecting and what happened actually.

For some reasons I don't like Michael Douglas. He is the Himesh kind of actor. Any scene, any emotion - same expression. Don't understand why is he so so so famous.
You all are welcome to please help me with some movies which can change my perception towards him.

The scenes shot are very dark and you have to keep a constant eye on the scene that is happenning.
Anyways its a good one time watch, if you are a fan of thriller, suspense movies.

Bandits - 3/5

Good movie, but very very very slow. You would be bored as to why something interesting / adrenaline rushing is not happenning. Yet, you would want to watch further in a hope that something will happen.

Its' a good plot, but the love twist (necessary for the script) between the 2 actors and actress is very stretched and makes you bored at some point.

One time watch. Shot mostly in daylight, good bright scenes.
Old 26th September 2014, 09:54   #5734
Senior - BHPian

Watched Expendables 3. Good starting, OK ending. Rest, useless. Not much of a storyline. But the movie may have something in store to indicate future trend. I wont be waiting for Expendables 4. Second Part was nice.

Fault in our stars. Watched after reading reviews. But the movie is not as per my taste.
Old 26th September 2014, 22:51   #5735
BHPian

Just watched 2 movies.

1. Deliver Us From Evil
3/5

I went with high expectations from this one but found it rather meh. It is a typical biblical good vs evil tale, with a priest and cop. The story is based on the real life account of the cop, so I expected something not-seen-before. But it's the usual Bible carrying priest exorcising possessed people. I won't reveal much so as not to give away the plot, but 3 US marines return from Iraq after an eerie encounter, the cop story starts 3 years later, discovering the connections between these 3 Marines and 3 crimes. Much less gore/yuck scenes than the Exorcist or such genre of movies, and definitely a better plot line, but didn't blow my mind.

2. The Maze Runner :
3.5/5 - this is more entertaining enough for a one-time watch, although has no big name stars. Set in a futuristic post-apocalpyse world, it will keep you wondering as not much is revealed about the main people behind the scenes and the creatures featured in the movie.

There definitely will be a sequel.
Old 27th September 2014, 10:46   #5736
BHPian

The Divergent
Though you may find it to be along the lines of The Hunger Games movies, the earnest acting, fantastic storytelling and well paced background score keeps you glued. It's definitely worth a watch. 3.5/5

Imdb link :- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1840309/
Old 30th September 2014, 08:35   #5737

U-571
Oh what a movie! As a WWII buff, i thoroughly enjoyed watching this. Predictable script. Really good visuals, though I did find a few logical flaws in the depiction which I put down to technology or budget constraints. The acting ovecomes all the flaws, especially McConaughey's role is really good. The tension created in the movie, cuts across the screen to touch us and make us feel involved too!
A must watch.
4/5
Old 30th September 2014, 10:18   #5738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay S View Post
U-571
Oh what a movie! As a WWII buff, i thoroughly enjoyed watching this. Predictable script. Really good visuals, though I did find a few logical flaws in the depiction which I put down to technology or budget constraints. The acting ovecomes all the flaws, especially McConaughey's role is really good. The tension created in the movie, cuts across the screen to touch us and make us feel involved too!
A must watch.
4/5
Wow, that's a long long time back! Should watch again. You should also try das boot.

But why was it predictable? It's more or less based on true events, or at least how America sees its involvement in the war (snigger snigger).
Old 30th September 2014, 11:04   #5739

Das boot? Ok. Oh and Castles in the sky is next on my agenda. Predictable in the sense - who dies, who survives, whether they will make it or not that kinda stuff mayank. Not that the story was run of the Mill.

I also have one - "master and commander - far side of the world" or something like that yet to watch.

Mod Note: Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th September 2014 at 14:17.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:37   #5740
Senior - BHPian

Sin City 2 : A Dame to Kill For - 3/5

Watched it in the weekend. Love the first part. This was also good but wasn't great. If you don't like noir, better stay away.
Old 30th September 2014, 17:42   #5741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Sin City 2 : A Dame to Kill For - 3/5

Watched it in the weekend. Love the first part. This was also good but wasn't great. If you don't like noir, better stay away.
Very keen to see this movie.

Loved the Original and the treatment to the entire film.
Sad that Frank Miller did not promote the second part and it died an untimely death at the box office.

BTW, love Marv's character played by Mickey Rourke in Part 1.
Old 30th September 2014, 18:02   #5742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Very keen to see this movie.

Loved the Original and the treatment to the entire film.
Sad that Frank Miller did not promote the second part and it died an untimely death at the box office.

BTW, love Marv's character played by Mickey Rourke in Part 1.
Yeah, the overall feel of the film was like the first one - slick. Storyline wasn't so great. And Marv's there in this film as well. Quite a bit of nudity but the first one wasn't any different. So be warned.
Old 30th September 2014, 22:23   #5743
Distinguished - BHPian

More WW2.

A bridge too far.

I saw this sometime back over a few days. About the allies going after the occupation of Holland, planning a massive influx to capture key bridges.
One of the few flicks which show a drubbing for them.
Expendables has a cast, but check this out:
Sean Connery
Robert Redford
Anthony Hopkins
Gene hackman
Michael caine
Laurence Olivier
James caan

Excuse enough to give a 5/5

Ps: be aware that it's longish, upwards of 2 hours, but a worthy watch.
Old 1st October 2014, 12:21   #5744
Senior - BHPian

Watched Stranger Than Fiction yesterday. Quite an interesting plot and a wonderful cast. 4/5
Old 2nd October 2014, 13:16   #5745
BHPian

A walk among the tombstones - Liam Neeson movie - 3.5/5

A little slow, but not boring as such. Builds up the pace and suspense. Worth a watch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks