Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2012, 22:55   #4276
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Hi can we make some changes and ensure that whenever a new member quotes a post then the PM indicating the same is sent only when the post gets approved. I still end up searching many times the whole thread only to figure out later that the member is a new one. Otherwise may be we can get a second PM when the post gets approved because more often then not I delete the first message from my Inbox and later forget to check for the post again ( i.e by the time it would have got approved).
Old 14th January 2012, 23:13   #4277
Distinguished - BHPian

To have a reference version of new car reviews, especially the official ones, including just the review posts, and those that post actual facts and updates about the vehicles. The thread would be read-only.

Those of us who want to post, three months on, that the car has a backside that reminds of an aunt we hated --- would still be able to access the open thread, while those looking for solid information about a vehicle would be easily able to find it.

<Later...>

Techie Problem...

On p.678 of the Accidents in India thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-pics-678.html, when I click on 679, it takes me back to 678.

Even if I type 679 in the URL, I still get 678.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 14th January 2012 at 23:36.
Old 15th January 2012, 17:26   #4278
Distinguished - BHPian

Even after clearing t-bhp cookies and logging in again, I am unable to get past p 678, post #10170 of the accident thread.

I'm going to try posting a test post there to see if that clears my block.

EDIT...

After clearing the cache my problem seems fixed.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 15th January 2012 at 17:35.
Old 16th January 2012, 08:26   #4279
Senior - BHPian

Mods,

Can we not send PM to more than 5 BHPains at a single time? Presently I Can send to only 5? Any chances that we can send more?
Old 16th January 2012, 13:32   #4280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Take this post of mine as an example,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2637839

The last post was made in Oct, now if this thread was locked, I would have to wait until it is opened and then post. Of course, the post I made in above thread is not urgent, but what if it's urgent, say like a 'need blood' thread? You surely can't wait!
In that case you could just start a new thread, and if it was something really urgent, it would be allowed (or else the mods could merge it into a locked thread).

These are still exceptions, while for the most part there are hundreds of threads left open and left to die a natural death for want of new posts.
Old 16th January 2012, 17:05   #4281
Senior - BHPian

Dear Support Team,

Today is my birthday and I received a mail at 11:31 AM which reads as :

Quote:
Hello Klub Class,

Team-BHP wishes you a very Happy Birthday! We hope you have a fantastic celebration, and that the coming year brings you all that you want of it.

Keep revvin',

The Team-BHP Support
Is the above mail an automated message sent by the server? If yes, why not program it in such a way that the BHPian receives the mail at 00:00?

Just my two cents.

Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 18:12   #4282
Senior - BHPian

It was sent at 11.31 am most probably because the server is located in the US which is in that timezone and the date changes on the server according to the US timezone. Common sense dictates that a server should always always be running on the absolute correct time for that timezone (or many things can go badly wrong). Perhaps they can install some plugin in VB3 to cure this. But for what, honestly? So people can get their birthday wishes a few hours earlier?
pranavt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 18:46   #4283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
But for what, honestly? So people can get their birthday wishes a few hours earlier?
Call me a stupid, I wanted Team BHP to be the first to wish me 'Happy Birthday'.

And thanks for providing me the information as to why the e-mail was sent at 11:31.
Old 17th January 2012, 14:59   #4284
BHPian

Just curious. Do we need to be so vigorous on the "posting too many one liners" bit?

I just got 2 infractions for the same. While i can understand that a certain level of quality has to be maintained, i think it kills the spirit a bit. Some one-liners might go with the conversation of a particular topic. Its a bit like getting pulled over cause you looked too happy in your drivers seat, even though you were observing the road rules and staying within the speed limit.
Old 20th January 2012, 15:38   #4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
How about displaying each member's name. Almost each one of us has a display name which does not include our real name.

It is not that our discussions need discretion; so how there be a field for "Name" under the member display name.

Referring to someone by their display names (not including their real names) seems kinda impersonal!
Hi, is there a way to change the display name? I see options for changing email id, password, profile details etc., but not the display/user name.
Thanks!
Old 20th January 2012, 16:04   #4286
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
Hi, is there a way to change the display name? I see options for changing email id, password, profile details etc., but not the display/user name.
Thanks!
You mean the handle (Amber)?

Nope, that can't be changed :P
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 09:57   #4287
Senior - BHPian

Mods,

Can we have an option in search where all the 5 star rated thread are grouped together?

Suppose I search the travelouge sub section,there could be an option where all the 5 star rated threads are shown first (irrespective of being new/old ). Some times I stumble upon old but interesting threads only by chance.
Old 22nd January 2012, 10:17   #4288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Mods,

Can we have an option in search where all the 5 star rated thread are grouped together?

Suppose I search the travelouge sub section,there could be an option where all the 5 star rated threads are shown first (irrespective of being new/old ). Some times I stumble upon old but interesting threads only by chance.
Just click on 'rating' on the top to sort by rating.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-b0adfad247984c80bf82753.png
prateekm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:36   #4289
Senior - BHPian

Just saw some comments on rigorous membership procedure on facebook and was wondering if we might be losing on some good members.

How about relaxing the procedure but keeping newbies status for a few months and automatically canceling it if they do not meet posting criteria within that "probation" period? this could be quality and quantity of content that has to be contributed. Trolls can be deleted immediately.

I can see how some good people could not be so good at writing for TBHP membership.
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:44   #4290
BHPian

I second that. there was a gentleman in the Mumbai meet, who was quite disappointed with couple of failed attempts at registering and looked quite keen on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks