Team-BHP - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/59432-suggestions-team-bhp-team-bhpians-332.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarthikK (Post 3023559)
Sometimes, I face this weird issue : When I submit a post and subsequently edit it and try to 'save' the changes, it creates a second (duplicate) post for the whole updated post content :Shockked:. I've faced this twice or thrice already, but it is intermittent. Just for the record, I am using Mozilla Firefox and windows 7 on the desktop. Not quite sure how/why it happened, and it doesn't happen everytime so it is difficult for me to find out. Any leads on this issue, or has anyone else faced this earlier?

Ha ha..so this has happened not only to me. The other day, the same happened to me and I never knew a duplicate post existed until a moderator edited my post. I didn't notice the duplicate post mostly because the second post was created in a new page (I guess, because I never saw it, and the edited post was the last in the last page)!

Mods, I was getting some weird database connectivity errors today morning around 5-6. Was there any outage? Forum displayed a database error while Classifieds page what returning error information for the failed DB calls.

It would be good to hide/mask the debug information and display custom errors instead of displaying the error stack trace to all users which I feel could turn into security risks. :)

Zenren,

We'd scheduled db repair & optimisation tasks for Saturday night. This was pending since our move to the new server, and we usually keep maintenance work for Sunday a.m's!

Mods, you could add a word of caution in the 'posting etiquette' thread about being careful with the autocorrect feature of some mobile keyboard apps. Sometimes they return words different from the ones intended.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 3023544)
Thats really strange. Are you noticing this only on a particular network (eg. office). And if so, does it also happen elsewhere (eg. home).

Hi Rehaan,

Sorry for replying late. I wasnt in town. I have not really had a chance to check on some other network. But yea it happens on my home network. Will check it on some other network and report back.
Anyways, today I logged on to tbhp and its still the same problem. But strangely, I can see the pictures in the 'Nissan Scala Automatic' thread. The images in other threads are still scrambled. Just thought I'd bring this to your notice. Thanks.

I like the subscription feature, but until 2 weeks back, subscribed threads were visible in the user CP and nowhere else. All of a sudden my email inbox is getting spammed with links to all the threads I have subscribed to, and this happens weekly. Why did this start happening all of a sudden and is this a forum bug ?

Mods, I did not find a section equivalent to post this thread in, so please move to appropriate section if you feel it belongs elsewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHG (Post 3027274)
All of a sudden my email inbox is getting spammed with links to all the threads I have subscribed to, and this happens weekly. Why did this start happening all of a sudden and is this a forum bug ?

Have you checked if your email notifications are turned off?

Go to User CP --> List Subscriptions (from the left hand pane)--> Choose appropriate settings

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.png

Also when you post on a new thread, go to advanced menu and choose appropriate subscription settings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwithwheels (Post 3027331)
Have you checked if your email notifications are turned off?

Go to User CP --> List Subscriptions (from the left hand pane)--> Choose appropriate settings

Thanks for that. The funny thing is, till now the email notifications were turned off. They suddenly switched to weekly mode.

Quote:

Also when you post on a new thread, go to advanced menu and choose appropriate subscription settings.
Seems like even here, the default is no email notifications. Dunno how everything changed all of a sudden. Maybe a vBulletin update/upgrade/migration issue ?

I would suggest that an "Roadside emergency" thread be created and made sticky in a proper section of the forum. This can serve to those bhpians on the road when they are stranded on the road or when facing situations like this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...s-evening.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3027637)
I would suggest that an "Roadside emergency" thread be created and made sticky in a proper section of the forum. This can serve to those bhpians on the road when they are stranded on the road or when facing situations like this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...s-evening.html

Thats a good idea. I support this. If not much of a trouble, it can be placed city wise, that might be all the more helpful.
+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by razrman (Post 3025582)
Hi Rehaan,

Sorry for replying late. I wasnt in town. I have not really had a chance to check on some other network. But yea it happens on my home network. Will check it on some other network and report back.
Anyways, today I logged on to tbhp and its still the same problem. But strangely, I can see the pictures in the 'Nissan Scala Automatic' thread. The images in other threads are still scrambled. Just thought I'd bring this to your notice. Thanks.

Hi Rehaan, I also have the same issue of scrambled images. It happens only on one of the laptops I have (Thinkpad X201). It is fine with HP and a netbook. Guess it has something to do with the graphics card-website links. I can see images on other websites on X201 with no issues whatsoever.
For the record, I use BSNL broadband at home. Since I can see it normally on another laptop, I think we can discount the service provider bit?
stupid:I thought it was just me

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoma (Post 3023628)
Ha ha..so this has happened not only to me. The other day, the same happened to me and I never knew a duplicate post existed until a moderator edited my post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarthikK (Post 3023559)
Sometimes, I face this weird issue : When I submit a post and subsequently edit it and try to 'save' the changes, it creates a second (duplicate) post for the whole updated post content

This is another instance of the same, I believe. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3027801

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-dupe1.jpg
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-dupe2.jpg

How do I set an animated pic as my Avatar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwithwheels (Post 3028303)
How do I set an animated pic as my Avatar?

First, get an animated image that fits the size, or create one.:) Mine is a Samurai swinging the Katana (sword). Still, there are people who ask me whether I owned a Suzuki Samurai.:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3028329)
Mine is a Samurai swinging the Katana (sword). Still, there are people who ask me whether I owned a Suzuki Samurai.:deadhorse

that cracked me up! :uncontrol

btw, what is the max picture size for the avatar, animated or otherwise?