Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 15:45   #3796
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
aye aye! i didn't use multi-quote as i saw his post after i had posted mine. just edited it.
That explains it.

Quote:
what about this scenario...
if i edit it like so, will the quoted fella not get a notification?
Yes he should.

Quote:
PS: did you get a PM for this message that i've quoted you?
NO. Because i have "you've been quoted" notifications turned off

cya
R

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
...the PM said "IronH4WK has just quoted your post from the thread titled "Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians"."
Ah! We should change that "from" to "in".

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st June 2011 at 15:47.
Old 1st June 2011, 15:49   #3797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Yes, I did. But I was a little bit confused because the PM said "IronH4WK has just quoted your post from the thread titled "Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians"." and I was pretty sure that I hadn't posted in this thread earlier.
hehe.. my bad! i forgot to take out the / in the first [quote]. this is weird though, because i had just previewed the message and not posted it. in the preview i saw the / was still there and i removed and posted the message.

btw that question was to Rehaan

my sincere apologies for the confusion.
Old 1st June 2011, 15:51   #3798
Senior - BHPian

Since we're discussing the forum issues in the suggestions thread, I humbly request a title change for this thread! I mean, something like 'Suggestions and forum issues thread'.

What say?
Old 1st June 2011, 16:09   #3799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
@libran, did you get this?
As well as the one for this post of mine?
cya
R
Yes, I did get the PM for being quoted in this thread.

Hopefully, I didn't get it earlier because it was an edit and not a "quote".
Old 1st June 2011, 17:29   #3800
BHPian

As a responsible community can we have the carbon footprint of vehicles tested/reviewed atleast the manufacturers claims. I'm not a big environmentalist but people should be informed about the cost to the environment that is involved in their purchase, it helps making informed decisions, better. Not against big SUV owners but I feel a lot of people are not aware of the damage they cause to the environment, knowingly or otherwise.(There is no number just a motherhood statement "BS4/BS3") So sensitizing readers with appropriate knowledge in the review of the vehicle would really help.

When manufacturers spend such large amounts of money to get pass BS4, having a value attached to it would enlighten members alike. Just a suggestion I currently dont know how this value would be calculated and whether all manufacturers share the details of the BS4 value that they achieved.

One more, can we have a Go Green Smiley ?
Old 1st June 2011, 17:48   #3801
Senior - BHPian

I am facing one issue for last couple of days. My post count gets reduced automatically by 2-3 numbers. Just one hour back my post count was 459 and now it is 456. I checked that none of my posts are deleted. Why is this happening?
Old 1st June 2011, 17:52   #3802
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am facing one issue for last couple of days. My post count gets reduced automatically by 2-3 numbers. Just one hour back my post count was 459 and now it is 456. I checked that none of my posts are deleted. Why is this happening?
Precisely!

I noticed it on 2 occasions. At my last login in the morning, it was 905 and when I logged in at 4pm, it was 902.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:56   #3803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Precisely!

I noticed it on 2 occasions. At my last login in the morning, it was 905 and when I logged in at 4pm, it was 902.
It might be because of the fact that our Support Team might have merged the back to back posts made by you or deleted your posts or moved the thread on which you posted to the 'Shifting Gears' section or deleted the entire thread.

The same thing has happened to me on certain occasions .

Last edited by Klub Class : 1st June 2011 at 18:06.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:58   #3804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
It might be because of the fact that our Support Team might have either merged the back to back posts made by you or deleted your posts or moved the thread on which you posted to the 'Shifting Gears' section.

The same thing has happened to me on certain occasions .
Whenever my posts are moved/deleted/merged I receive a PM from mods. So this couldn't be the case.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:05   #3805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whenever my posts are moved/deleted/merged I receive a PM from mods. So this couldn't be the case.
But you'll NOT get a PM when the 'Support Team' deletes or moves a thread created NOT by you. ie, you can't rule out all the possibilities that I've listed in my last post.

Anyway let's wait for the inputs of the moderators.
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 18:27   #3806
Senior - BHPian

Whenever my posts get quoted I receive a message on my registered e-mail id as well a pop up window about a message received. Which when i click opens a new page and when i click on the quoted message it against opens in a new page. So in total 3 web pages of T-BHP are open. Would it not be good enough to open the quoted message in just one web page.

Another minor irritant which I have seen and also reported long time back is if I am in the New posts section and in page 4, I find a thread, open it, reply to one of the posts and submit. Now if I have to return back to the same page where I started the above how do I do that? All I can do is click on the New post section and start wondering on which page I was. If I click Back page, it takes me back to the "reply to thread" page. Any suggestions as to how I can go back to the page where I had left before.

Quote:
In my case its even more stranger. My post count does not increase gradually all the time. Sometimes even after 3-4 posts the count still remains the same. After some more posts the count increases by one, I really dont the reason for that.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st June 2011 at 22:33. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 1st June 2011, 19:47   #3807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
In my case its even more stranger. My post count does not increase gradually all the time. Sometimes even after 3-4 posts the count still remains the same. After some more posts the count increases by one, I really dont the reason for that.
Please read this FAQ:

Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ: Troubleshooting
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 22:01   #3808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Would it not be good enough to open the quoted message in just one web page...
Instead of left clicking, just click the scroll button to open in new tabs, that way you have three tabs, and not three windows. :P .

Quote:
.. if I am in the New posts section and in page 4, I find a thread, open it, reply to one of the posts and submit. Now if I have to return back to the same page where I started the above how do I do that? All I can do is click on the New post section and start wondering on which page I was. If I click Back page, it takes me back to the "reply to thread" page. Any suggestions as to how I can go back to the page where I had left before.
My suggestion would be to open the thread from new posts in a new tab/window, so that the new posts page remains same.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:31   #3809
Distinguished - BHPian

New bug to report: have the webpages of team-bhp.com been Flash-enabled? Every time I click on a page today, it pops me this warning:

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-flash.png

Needless to say evenif I click on "Don't show this message again" it promptly does!

Edit: It's not happening now (15:59hrs)

Last edited by noopster : 2nd June 2011 at 15:59.
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:44   #3810
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to rate the posts individually in a thread something similar available to the thread itself. I find some of the posts too good and mere thanks would not do full justice to the post.

Most Viewed