Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 22:31   #4351
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I dont know if this is a bug or not. I get messages saying that my post has been quoted. On clicking in the link in there, it redirects me to the page, but I dont see the quotes!
This is a minor bug. If a newbie quotes your post - you get a PM. However, you won't be able to see their post until it has been approved by a moderator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
...why dont we have rules in place ,where a member who is reported for bad driving also gets penalized on this forum ,provided there is genuine proof

A bit hard to enforce this (hence wouldn't be keen to implement a formalized system for this).

However, recently someone said "shame can be a powerful motivator"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is there any way by which I can find my post which has maximum number of thanks?
Unfortunately this isn't possible.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 04:27   #4352
Senior - BHPian

Can we have something like this -

I might forget to remember when the next service of the car is due. (days or kilometers). Can we modify the my garage to include the date of delivery - kilometers run, service costs, (optional things can be - fuel consumed, etc.)
an email/pm can be send to members reminding them about it, and asking them to update the service costs.

these can then be statistically used to see the cars that have highest/lowest maintenance. A lot of theory is going on with regards to some popular cars. A survey may clear things up.

An annual survey for the cars in the garage can be a part of the team-bhp anniversary celebrations, where we can have a statistical data on the cars that have the highest customer satisfaction (Survey based models).

Edit: - something like this but for indian cars and done by team-bhp

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...on-survey.html

Last edited by govigov : 24th February 2012 at 04:32.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 11:28   #4353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

A bit hard to enforce this (hence wouldn't be keen to implement a formalized system for this).

However, recently someone said "shame can be a powerful motivator"....

Yeah .I do agree . I see the Yellow LTD sticker acting as a deterrent more than the cameras on the road . Like I mentioned earlier ,everyday I see cars cutting across traffic on the RVM and closing in one me .But the moment they see the LTD sticker ,I suddenly see indicators come on ,and these cars stay with me till the end of teh toll road .

I see one particular car driven by someone working in our company do this .And I dont bother to acknowldege people like him

If we cant have a point system to penalise these drivers ,why dont we have an additional row under the signature that mentions the number of times that a member had been named in the Shame thread which I plan to start if it isnt in place
Old 24th February 2012, 12:45   #4354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
If we cant have a point system to penalise these drivers ,why dont we have an additional row under the signature that mentions the number of times that a member had been named in the Shame thread which I plan to start if it isnt in place
yes, we definitely need a Team-BHP Hall of Shame thread. two outcomes i can think of:
1. BHPains will be more civilised on the roads.
2. non-BHPians will stop buying the stickers for their cars for the fear of being featured here (if they're bad drivers).

lemme know when you start it.

let's bring about a change, one bad driver at a time

Last edited by IronH4WK : 24th February 2012 at 12:46.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 12:49   #4355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
yes, we definitely need a Team-BHP Hall of Shame thread. two outcomes i can think of:
2. non-BHPians will stop buying the stickers for their cars the fear of being featured here (if they're bad drivers).

lemme know when you start it. let's bring about a change, one bad driver at a time
I had put up a piece of paper next to my rearview mirror which read "are you really late?"
That was a good damper.
I am now conditioned to drive sanely.
Now I have the "GBHP?" on the rear, so if anyone goes by me, i think "I guess you do.take care!!"
Old 24th February 2012, 12:56   #4356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
two outcomes i can think of:
I can think of one more possibility, ie BHPians might start de-badging their rides for the fear of being featured in the Hall of Shame thread
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 13:06   #4357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. non-BHPians will stop buying the stickers for their cars for the fear of being featured here (if they're bad drivers).

lemme know when you start it.

let's bring about a change, one bad driver at a time
Here you go !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2692091

Started . I am sure you will have the highest posts here
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 17:54   #4358
BHPian

Not sure whether its mentioned here before,

Is it possible to have a software control over back to back postings? In XDA there's an option for that, even if you post 2-3 posts consiqutively, the system will make it into one single post for a stipulated period with a note like this

"--------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------"

I guess this will reduce the moderation efforts an good extent.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 18:07   #4359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Not sure whether its mentioned here before
Personally I feel that implementing it would make the post appear cluttered.

Quote:
I guess this will reduce the moderation efforts an good extent.
Agreed.

But, even in cases where someone posts on a thread and then realizes that he missed replying to a post, he can hit the EDIT button and reply to the post(he missed replying before). After all clicking the EDIT button and making changes to the post is a simple task, isn't it?

And anyday it's better if members refrain from making back-to-back posts rather than making the mods edit your post or the server to merge the back-to-back posts, I believe. That said and done, let's wait for the mods' take on the same.

Just my two cents!
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 20:06   #4360
BHPian

Classifieds Section

May I suggest a review of classifieds is done on a monthly basis?

There are quite a number of classifieds which are quite old & cause confusion to buyer.
If the item is sold then the ad is removed or is updated with *Sold* title?Or may be to remove all the ads older than two months?
Old 24th February 2012, 21:23   #4361
Senior - BHPian

kratos11, I'm happy that you bought forward this issue. I've called a handful of numbers listed in the classifieds section only to refuse that the product had been sold already. The problem is that many users don't delete the ad once the product is sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11
If the item is sold then the ad is removed or is updated with *Sold* title?
Whenever a product listed on Classifieds is sold, the ad is removed by the user.

Quote:
Or may be to remove all the ads older than two months?
Not a wise idea IMHO. Personally I know of few cars listed on the Classifieds ages back and are yet to the sold.

So let me make some edits to your suggestion : May be the an email can be sent to the person who've listed the ad after a time period reminding about the ad. That way, if the product is not sold, the user can keep it untouched, else delete it.

Alternatively if you come across any products that are sold, you can use REPORT AD option on Classifieds to notify the Support Team that the product is sold. Rest assured, the Support Team will have a look and make necessary actions.

Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 10:47   #4362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Personally I feel that implementing it would make the post appear cluttered.
I don't think so, if any of the members makes some b2b posts mods are simply merging into one then how come its getting cluttered if its by system moderated? I know our mods are spending a lot of time to make sure the quality of posts in line with the forum policies and implementing this will surely reduce their work load. Period.
Old 25th February 2012, 14:24   #4363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I don't think so, if any of the members makes some b2b posts mods are simply merging into one then how come its getting cluttered if its by system moderated?
Didn't you see the word personally in my remark, did you?

What I'm saying is that the line which is entered by the system : "Post added at 10:33 AM... Previous post was at 10:28 AM" makes the post appear cluttered in my view.

Quote:
I know our mods are spending a lot of time to make sure the quality of posts in line with the forum policies and implementing this will surely reduce their work load. Period.
That's precisely the reason why I said that the members should follow the rules and refrain making back-to-back posts, using 2+ smileys in a post etc.

EDIT : Let me add that I like your suggestion for the points you mentioned and dislike it for the point I mentioned. Period

Last edited by Klub Class : 25th February 2012 at 14:32.
Old 26th February 2012, 13:29   #4364
BHPian

Suggestion#1

There has been a very annoying problem recently. See the pics below-

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-2.png

It's what I get on clicking "New posts". You can see that the font of some threads are in bold while others are in plain. The bold ones mean that I've not read that thread.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1.png

Now I close the browser and open "New posts" again. Again, the font of all threads are back to bold even when there's no new post. This is annoying since I don't get to know if a new post was added or not.

Earlier, I didn't used to have this problem. I don't know if it's only my problem or for everyone else as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion#2

There's one thing on T-BHP which I sorely miss and which makes car magazines so attractive to buy- Comparative tests! T-BHP doesn't have proper section for car A vs car B tests. Here's a little example from my side- Ford Figo vs A-Star from a driver's perspective-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2668708

I would love if T-BHP had a section for this so that I can easily search for comparative tests between different cars by BHPians and by moderators.
Old 26th February 2012, 13:32   #4365
Senior - BHPian

^ check your cookie settings. if you're not accepting them, every time you close your browser and open it, the items you've already read through will show up as not read.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks