Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 16:44   #1336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Also, could someone explain the infraction terms?
What does Infractions: 0/1 (5) mean?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...on-system.html
Old 9th May 2008, 20:33   #1337
BHPian

Thanks Eddy. But what does Infractions: 0/1 (5) mean?
Old 10th May 2008, 05:34   #1338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
When one is in the classifields section and wants to go to the bhp garage it returns an unexpected error or comes back to the classifieds section itself. Mods, kindly have a look.
Thanks Mc, this has been mentioned before, noted and fixed.
However, it seems that it was not entirely fixed for the smooth red skin! (im guessing this is the skin you are using?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i cant seem to delete any comments which are in my classified add. it would be nice if there is such a feature since sometimes there are comments which dont add any value to the add. it would be nice if the creater of the add can delete comments.
Akshay, it is best you PM the mods to make such changes. There are certain obvious disadvantages to allowing members to edit/delete other members comments.

Quote:
I have a doubt. I have seen some members with the status "Banned". Some of them are members with more than 1K posts and they do not seem to be the type to be troublemakers. Then how come they are "Banned".
Srijit, firstly there are two types of BANs.
1) Temporary bans - for X amount of time (eg. 45days, 8weeks etc)
2) Permanent bans - forever

Unfortunately, the software shows the same "BANNED" status for both cases!

Often, members get temp-banned when their infractions cross a total of 10points. This is probably what you are seeing.

Quote:
I have also checked some "Banned" members profiles and they seem to have visited the forum. So is that just posting ban, or viewing ban....
It is a viewing ban. When they visit the forum they cannot view threads, or pms or anything if they are logged in. The only thing shown to them is the reason for their ban (and if its temporary - how many days remaining before the ban is lifted, which is probably what they are visiting to check for from that account).

Quote:
Thanks Eddy. But what does Infractions: 0/1 (5) mean?
0 - (ignore this)
1 - number of currently active infraction(s) (infractions expire after X days)
(5) - the combined points of the currently active infractions.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th May 2008 at 05:35.
Old 10th May 2008, 09:57   #1339
BHPian

aha, thanks Rehaan
Old 13th May 2008, 01:20   #1340
BHPian

This is not a suggestion for the site but for team bhp

I came past a thread on overdrive TV show, someone put a post there saying if team bhp would host it, it would be a success. So why doesn't team BHP really starts his own show?

I think it would be a great idea, what say? I can really help out if GTO you are interested.

CR-V
Old 13th May 2008, 03:04   #1341
Team-BHP Support

Hi CR-V,

This is indeed something we have been keen on for quite a while now and hope to do it sometime soon.

Thanks for the offer to help - what is your experience and feild of expertise with regards to video?

cya
R
Old 13th May 2008, 13:40   #1342
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Yes, Rehaan I am using the standard red skin.
Old 13th May 2008, 14:55   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi CR-V,

This is indeed something we have been keen on for quite a while now and hope to do it sometime soon.

Thanks for the offer to help - what is your experience and feild of expertise with regards to video?

cya
R
I have been interested in doing a car show for a long while now, I have thought of ideas for the show- for promotional activities in minimum budget- looking for locations- getting data on current TV shows running in India and abroad. The reason why they are successful or the reason they are not. What makes their TRPs rise and what mistakes have they made

I am in talk with some production houses for a small TV show on cars.

Another thing I have been working on is foreign funding at low rates or grants, but they requirement is that it should be a big TV show and even if we make a big one it is not 100% finance or grant still we will have to input some amount of my own. And this some money of our own is real huge too. This is one of the later steps in the process.

As in the field of production, direction, acting and anchoring. I have my experiences there too. Mainly I am a creative guy more than anything else, I think of ideas which usually skip most of the minds.

CR-V
Old 13th May 2008, 17:15   #1344
Senior - BHPian

I recently noticed that when you post attachments and wish to edit them viz, attach more pics in the edit mode, there is no way you can attach or include another pic. Is this the cars or am i missing out on something here? I could not see any image attach or manage button when in the edit mode. Can we have such a button incorporated so that we do not have to make another post just to attach the pics which might have been left out due to oversight or whatever the reason be.
Thanks.

EDIT!! Sorry guys just figured it out and used the advanced option.

Last edited by V-16 : 13th May 2008 at 17:21. Reason: add
Old 13th May 2008, 17:17   #1345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I recently noticed that when you post attachments and wish to edit them viz, attach more pics in the edit mode, there is no way you can attach or include another pic.
Yes you can Gogio Versace. After you go the edit mode, go to the advanced mode and go to manage attachments.
Old 13th May 2008, 17:21   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Yes you can Gogio Versace. After you go the edit mode, go to the advanced mode and go to manage attachments.
Thanks Samuel just figured it out..
Old 13th May 2008, 17:34   #1347
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Yes, Rehaan I am using the standard red skin.
Aha, that explains it! Mac, I will be honest here....we have stopped development of the older skins and will focus our efforts only on the Standard Blue / BHP Silver / BHP Black. In fact, over the next round of upgrades, only these three skins will be retained.

It takes an awfully long time to edit / modify 8 skin templates with each new feature...time that could be spent on other (more valuable) improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR-V View Post
I can really help out if GTO you are interested.
CR-V
We truly appreciate the offer, and will take you up on it if (and when) we want to go on television. Thanks!

Quote:
EDIT!! Sorry guys just figured it out and used the advanced option.
LOL! Glad you found your way around.
Old 13th May 2008, 22:55   #1348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
we have stopped development of the older skins and will focus our efforts only on the Standard Blue / BHP Silver / BHP Black. In fact, over the next round of upgrades, only these three skins will be retained.

It takes an awfully long time to edit / modify 8 skin templates with each new feature...time that could be spent on other (more valuable) improvements.
Is there any particular reason why only these three have been chosen ? I mean, I love the Red skin and would love to have it continued.

If there are no technical reasons, can we please have a poll and decide. The older one ( where Red is second most popular) has not been updated with the latest Silver and Black options.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-bhp-skin.html

Lets keep the three most popular ones.

Of course, if there are reasons other than this (eg easier configuration, light on resources, etc ), then please ignore this request.
Old 13th May 2008, 23:34   #1349
Team-BHP Support

@CR-V - Cool! I have made a note of this and would like to get some inputs from you and hear those ideas that skip most peoples minds when we are closer to making this happen. Will contact you then.

@Eddy - We will try to run another poll closer to the time (with the new skin options included) and will take a call after that. However, in the meanwhile please try the BHP silver skin for atleast 5-6days!! (my bday request )

cya
R
Old 21st May 2008, 18:59   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys when searching for a member in the member's list, one has to go to the alphabet and then the pages manually, one by one, to get to the name of a member one wants to locate.
Is it possible to have a "Search Member" field incorporated on the page so that we may enter the member's full name or to the closest alpabets so that we may be directed to the particular group with similar names or alphabets as is in the phone book search of a cell phone?
To add to it, can we search for a member by other parameters, location to be specific.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks