Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 19:34   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Yes you can use the following link

Team-BHP - Members List - Advanced Search
Old 21st May 2008, 19:41   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Techno....hadn't noticed that search option.
Old 21st May 2008, 19:44   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Go to Member list, click on Search member in top left & click on advanced search.
Old 21st May 2008, 19:47   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Aha, that explains it! Mac, I will be honest here....we have stopped development of the older skins and will focus our efforts only on the Standard Blue / BHP Silver / BHP Black. In fact, over the next round of upgrades, only these three skins will be retained.
too bad...I love the red skin.
Old 28th May 2008, 19:12   #1355
Senior - BHPian

GTO, is the Centra skin dropped off?

If it was laid off due to cost issues, I guess we members can contribute our mite, after all we gain so much from this forum.
Old 28th May 2008, 20:30   #1356
Senior - BHPian

nooo cyclic is gone

In the advanced reply page for Bhp Silver , some of the text has the same , or similar colour as the background , so readability is an issue ,
Old 28th May 2008, 21:56   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Am recently finding a javascript error. Attached is the screenshot.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-javascript_error_tbhp.jpg
Old 28th May 2008, 23:05   #1358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

If it was laid off due to cost issues, I guess we members can contribute our mite, after all we gain so much from this forum.
Finneyp,

Thanks, but this has nothing to do with cost issues. Rest assured that we never intend to sacrifice features or quality due to costs

The issue is that it is takes a huge amount of time to update these skins everytime we update the forum software or add new features - and we would prefer to concentrate on more valuable improvements.

As GTO mentioned earlier :
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Aha, that explains it! Mac, I will be honest here....we have stopped development of the older skins and will focus our efforts only on the Standard Blue / BHP Silver / BHP Black. In fact, over the next round of upgrades, only these three skins will be retained.
So on that note i suggest you start using one of our custom skins (BHP silver!!). They have been based on the most popular skins and customized specifically for Team-BHP (like the ability to switch between the forum and the portal seamlessly!). Try em - you just might like em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
In the advanced reply page for Bhp Silver , some of the text has the same , or similar colour as the background , so readability is an issue ,
Hi Greenhorn,

As for the dissapearing skins - see my reply above.

The readability issue in the Advanced Reply has been mentioned earlier and we have noted it for change. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
How consistently do you get this error? How many times have you got it? Does it happen only when you go to a certain page or do a certain action? Does it only happen with the std blue skin? Give us all the information you can.

Thanks,
R
Old 28th May 2008, 23:16   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Do you think we could have an article on safety too? Including a few things like how ABS, Airbags and seatbelts are important.

cheers:

Adhish
Old 28th May 2008, 23:39   #1360
BHPian

hi all

hi

i have a question when i am logged in an open a thread the starting of the thread(the 1st post) instead of being at the 1st page as i acess it is at the last pg at the bottom
this happens only when i am logged i otherwise its straight, just like how its suppposed to be 1st pg has the starting post and so on

is this just me or are there any options to change this becasue it is very inconvenient for me to read the post from bottom to top

regards
alias

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th May 2008 at 08:03. Reason: Font tags removed.
Old 28th May 2008, 23:59   #1361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
when i am logged in an open a thread the starting of the thread(the 1st post) instead of being at the 1st page as i acess it is at the last pg at the bottom
this happens only when i am logged i otherwise its straight, just like how its suppposed to be 1st pg has the starting post and so on

Look for this

Name:  Picture 2.png
Views: 291
Size:  14.7 KB

Change the option.

Cheers
Sam
Old 29th May 2008, 00:31   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
nooo cyclic is gone
Rehaan has already quoted an older post of mine, but I will clarify again...we will be supporting only the most popular skins on Team-BHP. Its not to do with the cost at all, FinneyP. In fact, we have always given this community the absolute best (server, software, designers, coders, hacks etc.) at each step of the way. Quality has been the only single consideration for Team-BHP.

I honestly dont know where those two skins have gone, but will check when logged in from the main Admin account. Some patching work was done this evening (in my absense), and I presume our coder has followed my instructions of not modifying the older skins any more. I am sure you will agree that 6 skins are really not necessary; the time and effort that goes in updating them each time can be used toward more valuable features.

For the time being, we will support 4 skins : BHP Silver / Black, Standard Blue & Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Attachment 17680
Thats a first. I have never seen that error before. Can you please try to replicate it, and let us know exactly where you see it happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Hi

Do you think we could have an article on safety too? Including a few things like how ABS, Airbags and seatbelts are important.

cheers:

Adhish
Coming up soon.
Old 29th May 2008, 12:09   #1363
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rehaan & GTO for your response!

I guess it makes sense not to support skins which are not very popular among the members here!

Now, I am getting used to, rather having a liking for BHP Silver! Thanks!
Old 29th May 2008, 14:20   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So on that note i suggest you start using one of our custom skins (BHP silver!!). They have been based on the most popular skins and customized specifically for Team-BHP (like the ability to switch between the forum and the portal seamlessly!). Try em - you just might like em.
Is it just me or are these new skins load a tad slower ?
Old 29th May 2008, 14:29   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Rehaan & GTO, my comment was just that - a comment. I dont have any issues with cyclic being discontinued. I knew that it was going to happen eventually.Was just expressing my surprise.

However , I would like to request a modern looking theme similar to BHP Black /Silver on a white/Light background.I quite dislike dark themes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks