Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 13:16   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Condor Am not sure if such a change could be done may be GTO can update but personally I have never seen such option on any other vBulleting board.
Old 11th June 2008, 17:13   #1397
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Results of search in thread titles only would direct us to very specific list of threads. (And a properly titled thread would have they key-words in the title itself).
Condor, I have some very good news for you . If you want to:

1. Search Thread Titles only: Enter your query (e.g. Cedia) in the portal search box, that you will find right below the Red RS (BHP Silver & Black Skins). This will perform a title search without the need for you to go into advanced search mode.

2. Search entire posts: Use the forum search box, and then "show threads" or "show posts" as per your preference.
Old 12th June 2008, 08:03   #1398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
GTO : 1. Search Thread Titles only: Enter your query (e.g. Cedia) in the portal search box...
GTO, as can be seen from the image I've posted, I use the standard blue skin. Like many, I find this less conspicuous for use in office.

My point was directed to the search options available from the main menu bar since the Search forum > Show Posts option is not normally used much. I'm checking on the possiblity of substituting that feature with one that is used more.
Old 12th June 2008, 15:53   #1399
Senior - BHPian

For a while in between, I noticed that Mods were very active in preventing "spam" - as in people posting separate replies to separate posts on the same thread within the editing timeline & not using the multiquote feature.

However, of late, there has been a steep increase in certain threads where a lot of spamming is taking place, whether intentionally or unintentionally I'm not sure.

Please look into this aspect as the post count needs to go up uniformly for all. Please feel free to PM in case you need examples.

cheers:
Old 12th June 2008, 15:59   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Hi Suman please use report post option for any such posts, it helps in quicker Mod action.

Thanks
Old 13th June 2008, 01:16   #1401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I saw an ad for Skoda Octavia this morning on the forum. Have a screenshot, unable to load it here.
Please see the 2nd post in the thread on Advertising in the Announcements section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
An observation when using the search option: I find the search options that we see in the Advanced search - search Posts / Search thread titles to be much more useful than the regular search options we see on the main menu bar (on any page)........
Condor, i will PM you some other tricks as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
....However, of late, there has been a steep increase in certain threads where a lot of spamming is taking place, whether intentionally or unintentionally I'm not sure....
Please use the REPORT POST button to report such instances.
(Do note that if the posts are >20mins apart, they are not considered as multiple consecutive posts.

cya
R
Old 13th June 2008, 06:50   #1402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
suman : However, of late, there has been a steep increase in certain threads where a lot of spamming is taking place...
Often, a post for the sake of posting. See this being done by a lot of people.
Old 13th June 2008, 18:55   #1403
Senior - BHPian

could the browser's right click menu be enabled in the classifieds section?
Thanks
Old 14th June 2008, 15:44   #1404
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
However, of late, there has been a steep increase in certain threads where a lot of spamming is taking place, whether intentionally or unintentionally I'm not sure.
Hi Suman. As per the previous replies, please use the "report this post to a moderator" button for getting any such messages to our attention. With 19 of us screening 2,000 posts per day (on some days), inevitably some will pass through our filters. It would be great for the entire member base to support us in maintaining our firm stand on quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
could the browser's right click menu be enabled in the classifieds section?
Thanks
There you go. Done.
Old 14th June 2008, 16:28   #1405
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also, can we have a separate ad category for ICE & Alloys & Wheels ? These - esp the ICE - are getting drowned amongst the other items in accessories section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Most definitely. We will create a new category for ICE over the weekend.
Just wanted to let you know that a separate ICE category has been created.

Cheers!
Old 20th June 2008, 09:49   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Hello Mods! Someone might have already raised this concern and if not, please check that after viewing Classified sections if am trying to check the BHP Garage I am getting the following errors.

Warning: require(/usr/www/users/rushabh/forum/classifieds/vbpicgallery.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/rushabh/forum/vbseo.php on line 1129

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/usr/www/users/rushabh/forum/classifieds/vbpicgallery.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/users/rushabh/forum/vbseo.php on line 1129

Thanks in advance
Old 20th June 2008, 10:52   #1407
BHPian

@ VJ_MAVRICK : GTO has already answered for the above error you have mentioned.. please see the post no 1391 in this thread.
Old 21st June 2008, 21:37   #1408
BHPian

Mods, is this a problem? I posted a reply on Sudev's 50000 km. update and on the main page, the same thread is under two different sub-forums.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled1.jpg  

Old 21st June 2008, 21:46   #1409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Mods, is this a problem? I posted a reply on Sudev's 50000 km. update and on the main page, the same thread is under two different sub-forums.
no its not becuase long term is a sub forum of the reviews forum. and since it was the last replied thread in all the sub forums of the review forum and the long term section it would come under both.
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:53   #1410
BHPian

Mods, why not consider a section for "to be launched in India" cars. Scoops and other info of the cars can be posted there. Once it is launched, either it can be locked or moved to the appropriate section.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks