Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 12:27   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
Guys imagine this " A clean shaved indian with shaved eyebrows wearing only khadi riding a bullock cart and drinking nimbu pani = Aerohit"

@Aerohit: take a chill pill mate! You call India poor? who are you comaring our national debt and Gdps with?
Indians are unhealthy right? dont make a generalized statement when you really havent seen the world. psst have you been to china? their gdp is high lol but you should see their kitchens. Have you been to trailer parks in US, Australia? or even mexico? " you are funny"

Jeans: not sure if you really are aware of what jeans are made of.

STICK TO THE TOPIC
yes, finally SOME amount of reason in this thread.

Last edited by ported_head : 11th June 2009 at 13:27. Reason: Quoted post has been edited.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:32   #212
BHPian

boy is this turning out to be a funny thread or what
Old 11th June 2009, 12:37   #213
D-Man

Amit dude i am cracking out loud in my office. Man your questions are more hilarious than posts by Aerohit.

Last edited by D-Man : 11th June 2009 at 12:37. Reason: grammer

Old 11th June 2009, 12:55   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
Amit dude i am cracking out loud in my office. Man your questions are more hilarious than posts by Aerohit.
No man! I can never be funny to the level of Aerohit! No amount of abolishing jeans and drinking toddy can get me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Indian lot remains one of them most unhealthy in the world. Keep munching those friedfood/burger/pizza/cola - because it "looks" so damn cool and modern!!! Even starving Ethiopians can beat you in a simple 1 mile run (i.e., if you can actually make it through 1 mile). This is exactly the very reason why I dont consume Cola diet.
So, how many Ethiopians have you beaten so far in a simple 1 mile run, wearing Bata shoes i suppose? But wait, Bata is also Europian. Hmm... so you must have been barefoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
yet people wear jeans
You know, this is a very profound statement. Everytime i read this, it gets a new meaning. Kafka would be proud of this. Now, so some people wore jeans and EVERYBODY got one scratchy itchy ball?? Talk about influence, eh!

Nice entertainment on a lazy Thursday afternoon. Time to grab a KFC Zinger burger now.

Last edited by ported_head : 11th June 2009 at 13:28. Reason: Quoted post has been edited.
Old 11th June 2009, 13:03   #215
D-Man

Amit & Sam imagine this " a completely shaved indian wearing dhoti out runing Ethopians and Racist coke lovers ! Barefoot !!!" (by the way the secret to all this is Nimbu!! i think it has the same effect as spinach on popye)

Old 11th June 2009, 13:05   #216
Senior - BHPian

this has got to be the one of the most ridiculous sounding arguments I've ever come across!
Old 11th June 2009, 13:06   #217
BANNED

Hi Guys..

Just had a glance thru the thread.. didnt go thru completely... I am flying to Aus next month for my MBA.. Any pointers for me..

Also, any BHPians currently living in Sydney? So that I can atleast have some known ppl before i go there..

Cheers,
ZC
Old 11th June 2009, 13:10   #218
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Hi Guys..

Just had a glance thru the thread.. didnt go thru completely... I am flying to Aus next month for my MBA.. Any pointers for me..

Also, any BHPians currently living in Sydney? So that I can atleast have some known ppl before i go there..

Cheers,
ZC
Best of luck Zero for your MBA. I would say be freindly with every one and mix with every one like famous saying "sugar in milk". Stay in Dorms if you can afford it. You will stay more focused. There are quite many BHPians in Sydney, just go through the thread and PM them I would say.

Old 11th June 2009, 13:11   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Huh? What was that?
That was a reply to you post, I guess.

Quote:
I re-read my post and that of our fellow member and am left puzzled. Is there somthing in my post that is invisible to me? I NEVER CALLED THESE ATTACKS RACIST. Please show me where I erred. Anyway, I am glad that at least you agree that these attacks are wrong.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Next, you seem to admit that some of these attacks border racism (pl note, I use this word the first time), but how can you term these as one off incidents? This is an insult to the Indian student community in Australia. Are they crazy to go so much GAGA over isolated incidents? I feel that your sense of proportion is out of sync.
You always doesn't need to say the word to mean it. From your post the picture portrayed was like that and hence I've commented. If you didn't mean it then I would say sorry.

Quote:
When I mention that the Australian authorities were in denial, you say that it is obvious, they would not accept themselves to be racist (again, your word). But that has been proven wrong, finally they did make statements.
They still haven't admitted that the attacks are racial and it's not as you said that it's proved that these attacks are racial. Their denial is towards the racism remarks not to the attacks.

Quote:
You blame the Indian media as a likely cause for a backlash, I wonder how many of those hooligans watch Indian news channels to react?
So a hypothetical scenario based on this post: Indian gets brutalised. Indian media reports this. Aussie hooligan reads/sees/listens to Indian media reporting incident. Aussie hooligan brutalises another Indian (the backlash). This scenario to go on till Indian media stops reporting these crimes (yes that is what these attacks are). How funny.
Very funny as you've not even got the picture that I was trying to explain(or hypothesized according to your words). Now think about it this way, Indian media reports racism. Indians gets more instigated. They start shouting slogans and doing parades( till now it's fine, everyone have the right to protest). Now someone decides to take it to the next level and torches few Aussie cars or beats up few Australians. Tension starts growing between the two and in the meantime the media will keep on fueling the fire. So where does this lead huh? Not so very funny after this I guess.

Quote:
And you HOPE that the Australian authorities are investigating these incidents and HOPE that something good comes out of that. Are you serious?
I still hope so, I'm an optimistic person.

Quote:
One more thing. Many of your statements are personal.
I'm unable to understand what you meant by personal? Do you mean to say that they are personal attack towards you? If so I would really like to know which are those statements.

Quote:
I have not judged a nation. Where have I done so? I have stated that the Australian Government should take steps, crticised the Australian high commissioner. And mentioned the boorish hooligans over there, I never referred to them as "Australians" as a nation. That would have been generalisation of a nation, but every nation has its hooligans.
Even I haven't denied that that Indian students are not attacked, did I? I'm all in for punishments for these hooligans but I didn't like the way the media and many here are terming every such incident as racist incidents. You don't feel it's racist then good, at least we are agreeing to the same point here. And about you judging the nation, well, that's what I felt when I read your post and if I'm wrong then I'm taking back my word.

Quote:
BTW, do you need to proove your credentials to anyone in Australia? Guess not, but this question comes up after reading your post. Now I feel that you have either not read or understood my post properly.
I've read and re-read you post and although I've quoted only your post for reference, my replies were meant for many similar posts.

Quote:
Any student in Australia reading this, please do comment so that we have first hand feedback, and not only from the media.
I think you can read Takumi-san's posts for that.

Hope I too haven't hurt your feelings. If so please forgive.
Regards,
Old 11th June 2009, 13:15   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Hi Guys..

Cheers,
ZC
don't venture out late night on lonely roads just like india and remember to have a good time mate
contact spadival - he is in sydney
Old 11th June 2009, 13:25   #221
BHPian

I happened to visit couple of BBs and here is what I found:

1. The attacks are by multi ethnic groups
2. media sometimes calls the attackers as racists but fails to mention the ethnicity
3. Some of the indians need to observe and add the local culture into the daily routine. Example: While working at a store, smile at the customer, or say good day, thank you etc.
4. They(USA,Canada,Aus etc) feel, we are sneaking into their country through student visa and then never go back; we are immigrating into their country, stealing their jobs.
5. Indians are found to be selfish and not to be trusted.

This is based on the posts I found.
Old 11th June 2009, 13:34   #222
Senior - BHPian

Someone's post about khadi reminded me of something. The Father of our great nation,who extolled his countrymen to wear khadi, didn't mind growing a mustache. Yes, I am talking about M.K. Gandhi.

So unless Aerohit comes back with some cutting edge research on hygiene issues, I am going to keep mine and this is going to be my last post on hairy matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but I've got 2 of those.
I have a fair idea on what happened to the other one. But this is a family forum, so I will just state that other one was probably sacrificed in the name of hygiene. Gillette is an evil American brand, so using country made machete to shave would have probably resulted in some irreversible damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust_Note View Post
We are, unfortunately, as usual, losing focus. It is like, we are more interested in catching up with the the erring driver in the other car and teaching him/ her a lesson rather than enjoying the drive and reaching safely.

I would sit back and watch all the fun here if I were an Australian or American. Hell I might have copy pasted the thread and sent it across to my friends too. Don't do what you are complaining against guys!
I have to respectfully disagree. This thread will showcase the fact that many Indians are mature enough to laugh at themselves and more important, look at themselves in the mirror before pointing fingers at others.
Old 11th June 2009, 13:44   #223
BHPian

Someone here mentioned that there are no 'sub-par universities' in Australia. I beg to differ. I went to Deakin , its one of the best (it has some rankings and a HUGE campus , make that several campuses across the nation). I have seen friends who flunked who went to sub-par Unis mainly into catering (cookery as they call it) and know exactly what a sub-par Uni is. Its basically a small building with all Indians or Chinese students. Classes can also be held in Punjabi / Hindi since a lot of lecturers are from here as well. Students end up not attending and simply paying up for the PR points. The recent changes in immigration has put an end to that. The Universities are still thriving, I expect they will be hit in a few months as newer students realise the impact of these changes.

Indians here are not selfish , its just that most of us have no family support and so we must make it a point to look after our own. Rather than big groups get a close number of few friends who help out no matter what. Finally try to find a good person and you will have a good friend. People everywhere are the same, you have a mix of good and bad.

The situation here is improving. Cops are using horse-back police, the air corps , sniffer dogs and continous patrolling to bring down the criminals. It seems to be working and we can actually see a difference on the streets. Its too soon to say anything though and only time can tell. However the issue has come into the mainstream and most Australians are ashamed of these events and sympathise with us. We should not go over board and loose this sympathy from the common man.

We do not lie to get residency to the visa officer. How is a person who has never been to Australia before supposed to know if he / she will settle there after studying ? How can this person predict the future? Thus how can this person be lying ? Australian immigration is clear in allowing students who meet their skills in applying for a residency and staying back. If they dont mind, why do you?

I reserve my comments on moustaches, scratchy balls and sweaty jeans. Its getting hilarious , which its not since people have suffered a lot.

To summarise, make few good friends , if possible before you leave - there are orientation sessions. Make SURE that you are going to a good Uni , trust me theres nothing more important. You are spending a LOT of money. Those Unis which are good are excellent and complete value for money. The country is safe, simply keep safe. If you must work till late / travel early , buy a car. Decent ones which will last out your study trip cost as little as 2000-3000$. Thats less than a single unit's fees (a degree consists of 12-18 units at the minimum). So dont tell me you cant afford it. Finally there is some crime, so dont scream racism if your pocket was picked. The thief really couldnt care less.
Old 11th June 2009, 13:46   #224
BHPian

The important thing is to become a part of their community and learn their culture while your in their country. Many people I've met have the stupid answer of good clean roads when asked what they experienced there. So zero, don't give the same response!

As for jeans, you need to wear undies! Jeans do NOT make your balls sweaty and scratchy, you need to check out your situation with the doctor.

Jeans don't need to be ironed, jeans can be worn even when dirty, jeans go with any coloured shirt/tshirt, jeans go with a blazer, jeans protect your skin if you take a fall, jeans last a long time, and lastly jeans look hot, as in sexy, they are very fashionable. It's not that we are copying the western society.

I don't get the fast food and cola reference, shouldn't you be bashing USA then? Highest percent of obesity in that country with a fair share of blame going to the fast food so yea. What percent of India even eats fast food man? Go to a Indian home and you will see roti bhaji, no one eats KFC and Mac for all 3 meals
I think you need to blame our Indian deserts if you want to discuss health issues

and lastly, Aerohit, do you wax your entire arms including fingers? Anything for hygiene right?
Old 11th June 2009, 14:13   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
and lastly, Aerohit, do you wax your entire arms including fingers? Anything for hygiene right?
Manufacturers of bikini wax must be having astronomical sales in Bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks