Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 21:34   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars View Post
Hi,

- DESI students always talk in mother langauge even in front of GORA people , while even doing group assignments not to mention DESI students are always late for group meetings ( for eg. group meeting starts at 11am , DESI will reach by 12pm , on the other hand GORA will always reach by 1045am , if GORA is running late or wont be able to make it , he will sms atleast 2 hrs before to everyone in group , whereas DESI students lack this manners )

- In Australia - you cant have loud music house parties after 11pm - whereas a DESI will always party till about 2am and many number of times POLICE has been called by neighbours - DESI students say that we are giving rent and not staying for free . not to forget loud talks while in a drunken state and the drama which follows afterwards.

- Every DESI will always run after a GORI girl and will go to the extend of harrasing her . ( I wont go in further details on this one - just I would say this much - You can approach a girl once , if she refuses you and you approach her again , she has all rights to call police and you can be charged , irrespective of being from any country.)

- DESI will always tell lies to GORA people about the background they have in India ( I have known certain DESI's who to impress GORA have said that they have many sports car and have a mansion in india ,and they have lines of Merc , BMW and all expensive cars, people belive me it was all goli )

- DESI will always try to mix in the DESI group never try to mix or try to know the culture of Australia

- DESI people will always have a dirty house - piles of unwashed dishes in kitchen , toilets are in mess , dirty clothes will be thrown around everywhere and house with stink of desi oily food with drops of vaporized dirty oil dropping from ceilings )

- GORA people dont give houses easily to DESI because of keeping houses in mess ( i have known of DESIs who have broken the lock of the door , broken a bath tub , broken the SPA doors , in garden elephant grasses are growing ,played holi inside rooms and left the colours on the walls , not bothered to clean them even and basically the list is endless.)

- DESI students are known to be GAY ( as they will walk with hands in hands or with arms over shoulders in malls , which is not a culture in Australia )
+1 I love it! Same goes for most FOB desis in US and Canada.
Old 9th June 2009, 21:58   #167
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
off topic, we would LOVE to have that kind of weather in our winters here.

@RX135, Sujay never said rich care and share with each other. it's all a part of opportunism. Just that the discrimination is much more visibly prominent in the lower strata of the society.
Vivek: no offense meant but I have been to both extremes and you should really experience the wind on Yarra before commenting. I have stood at the pier in NYC too & hoboken and Yarra is not any worse. it is really a killer.

Edit: The reason why i asked about tourist situation is well understood by the thread topic

Old 9th June 2009, 22:31   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- DESI students always talk in mother langauge even in front of GORA people , while even doing group assignments not to mention DESI students are always late for group meetings ( for eg. group meeting starts at 11am , DESI will reach by 12pm , on the other hand GORA will always reach by 1045am , if GORA is running late or wont be able to make it , he will sms atleast 2 hrs before to everyone in group , whereas DESI students lack this manners )
Not just desi students do this having studied with greek and chinese students they also like to converse in their mother tongue. I also use punjabi when talking to other punjabi students. Annoys some gorey but who cares. Same with gorey when they go abroad they will not try to speak the local lingo if they can help it.

Quote:
- DESI will always tell lies to GORA people about the background they have in India ( I have known certain DESI's who to impress GORA have said that they have many sports car and have a mansion in india ,and they have lines of Merc , BMW and all expensive cars, people belive me it was all goli )
That is so true, I know a few punjabi illegal immigrants and so does my dad. You lose count of the number of times they have won millions of pounds on the lottery but lost the ticket or forgot to buy a ticket using their regular numbers. One told my dad he could source Ambassador cars (a few years old) for RS10,000, so I asked him to buy me 3 and not seen him since. Another claimed he was in London yet managed to get to Birmingham in a coach in 20 minutes (did not know someone had fitted Concord engines to a coach).
Old 9th June 2009, 22:36   #169
BHPian

- A common friend had a Toyota Tarago, he stuffed ( about 10 of us ) all the DESI student in his Tarago and off we went to mall , ate , roamed around and then we were leaving . now the joke starts . 1 of the desi's sitting in front seat remembers that he has left his bag at the food court and without warning opens the door and not a very good noise comes . ( actually when our friend was reversing this guy without informing or looking opened the door , and as his bad luck would have it the cars door rammed into a Beam Pillar for support ) and then all the fights happening for repair money , whereas I suggested that lets all pool in money and have the door replaced , why strain that person alone but then those 6~7 people started fighting why should we pay and things .

- Pressure cooker - whistled and the smoke alarm went off , a very common thing to happen.

- 1 DESI had bought in a battery charger for his walkman from his DESI hometown, not being aware of the different plug points he got smart idea and peeled of the plug of his battery charger so as to get the exposed wires and inserted the wire in plug and KABOOMMMMM out went the fuse .

- 1 DESI student was caught trying to bribe a PARKING INSPECTOR.

- the most common of all , DESI students cutting each others hair so as to save $ 25~ $ 30 on haircut and the hair-style they support is known as KATORI CUT ( where the hairs go round , this is the best I can explain at the moment )

- Not to mention the GHUTAKA and PAN PARAG eaters - you will have RED stains or smell of GHUTAKA on the keyboard or tables.

- 1 DESI student labeled CHAVANPRASH as DESI VIGARA to couple of GORA's.

- hope all the above would be more than enough as its been about 8 yrs ago story , and cant recall all the funny incidents at 1 go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
please do enlighten (ahem entertain) us, this site maybe automobile but this thread is meant to discuss racism in aussie - on a side note surprisingly holding hands is fairly common in bangalore (wasn't the case in pune) too - coming out of the closet on a mass scale
Old 9th June 2009, 22:39   #170
BHPian

I meant in group studies , for eg combination of 2 GORAS + 2 DESI students . If you have a GORA or outsider in your group , decency should be to talk in english

[quote=bigman;1339873]Not just desi students do this having studied with greek and chinese students they also like to converse in their mother tongue. I also use punjabi when talking to other punjabi students. Annoys some gorey but who cares. Same with gorey when they go abroad they will not try to speak the local lingo if they can help it.
Old 9th June 2009, 22:39   #171
BHPian

Quote:
- hope all the above would be more than enough as its been about 8 yrs ago story , and cant recall all the funny incidents at 1 go
excellent stuff dude - katori cut too good
Old 9th June 2009, 22:50   #172
BHPian

Quote:
-

- Pressure cooker - whistled and the smoke alarm went off , a very common thing to happen.

- 1 DESI had bought in a battery charger for his walkman from his DESI hometown, not being aware of the different plug points he got smart idea and peeled of the plug of his battery charger so as to get the exposed wires and inserted the wire in plug and KABOOMMMMM out went the fuse .

- the most common of all , DESI students cutting each others hair so as to save $ 25~ $ 30 on haircut and the hair-style they support is known as KATORI CUT ( where the hairs go round , this is the best I can explain at the moment )

- Not to mention the GHUTAKA and PAN PARAG eaters - you will have RED stains or smell of GHUTAKA on the keyboard or tables.

Lol this is so awesome, I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard, lol
Old 9th June 2009, 22:57   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Are you serious !!. Are these for real???

Quote:
- the most common of all , DESI students cutting each others hair so as to save $ 25~ $ 30 on haircut
Guilty as charged with a small difference. my wife cuts my hair and she goes to a regular beauty salon.
Old 9th June 2009, 22:59   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post

Guilty as charged with a small difference. my wife cuts my hair and she goes to a regular beauty salon.
so you have a katori cut - can you please put up a pic so we can all marvel at what katori cut is can't find anything on google images
Old 9th June 2009, 23:09   #175
BHPian

As a desi friend who lives in NY would say to other desis who behave like this, You're the reason there is hate crime in this country, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Not just desi students do this having studied with greek and chinese students they also like to converse in their mother tongue. I also use punjabi when talking to other punjabi students. Annoys some gorey but who cares. Same with gorey when they go abroad they will not try to speak the local lingo if they can help it.

Yes but no one physically attacks chinese or greeks. Indians are seen as wimpy in general. But it is considered bad manners speaking in a lingo others dont understand. We need to be sensitive to this and not act like we going to do this because we do this at home. Remember we are in their country and best to respect local customs. Which however doesnt mean beating up other Indians in Australia

Last edited by Raj1008 : 9th June 2009 at 23:11. Reason: spelling
Old 9th June 2009, 23:16   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so you have a katori cut - can you please put up a pic so we can all marvel at what katori cut is
ahem. My wife is quite a pro .. no katori watori stuff. BTW, Why is everyone after body hair. First the Mousy, now the head... what next?
Enough hairy stuff already.
Old 9th June 2009, 23:35   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj1008 View Post
As a desi friend who lives in NY would say to other desis who behave like this, You're the reason there is hate crime in this country, lol

Yes but no one physically attacks chinese or greeks. Indians are seen as wimpy in general. But it is considered bad manners speaking in a lingo others dont understand. We need to be sensitive to this and not act like we going to do this because we do this at home. Remember we are in their country and best to respect local customs. Which however doesnt mean beating up other Indians in Australia
True, Indian do tend to be wimpish in nature. Why don't those protesting join a local Krav Maga place and learn to defend themselves ? As for following customs...why bother ? The white anglo saxons who settled in what is now Australia hardly respected the Aborigines.
Old 9th June 2009, 23:42   #178
BHPian

Word by word and as I said in my prior posting in RACISM post , I stand by what I say and its 100 % true and not some made up stories.

[quote=spadival;1339926]Are you serious !!. Are these for real???
Old 9th June 2009, 23:46   #179
BHPian

KATORI cut means - the best which I can explain is - Let the hair fall till the forehead and but a big katori ( bowl ) and cover the head . Whatever is not covered by the KATORI is chopped off....... so basically you have a haircut which is of no style but goes like a circle types ..... dont know any other best way to explain it

Quote:
so you have a katori cut - can you please put up a pic so we can all marvel at what katori cut is can't find anything on google images
Old 9th June 2009, 23:55   #180
Senior - BHPian

passion4cars,

Do you mean a basin cut ? Its as if someone put a basin on the head and cut round it.

A bit like this (but without the tail) :

Racism in Australia-beckham_bowllet_front.jpg

Types of Mullet

or :

Name:  7539MTheThreeStoogesMoePosters.jpg
Views: 4927
Size:  21.7 KB

Last edited by bigman : 9th June 2009 at 23:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks