Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2023, 15:48   #121

Re: The Writing instruments thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Off late I am observing that getting fine nibs is extremely difficult - there seems to be a market preference for broad nibs.
Is this what others are also experiencing?
Yes, I have noticed that as well. Strangely this I have seen from mass market to class. Though I have recently picked up a Jinhao (copy of Lamy Safari) which has an extremely fine nib (and at the cost of almost offending Lamy fans), it writes as well as Lamy. I am really sold on this one. It buttery smooth and costs less than a MacDonald's meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I've never been a fan of heavy pens. I make do with whatever I have handy, as long as it is not a ball pen. Any gel/pilot pen goes.
I remember the Camlin Premier which someone had gifted me during my school years, almost dropped it few times while writing due to weight.

BTW, here is a part of my humble collection.

The Writing instruments thread-pxl_20231016_095729849.jpg

Left to right,

Jinhao (My daily driver)
Sheafer Quasi Imperiale with steel nib
waterman Hemisphere
Parker Vacumatic
Old 22nd October 2023, 12:37   #122
BHPian

The 7th International Pen Festival is being held at Siddhi Lawns in Pune on 21-22 October 2023.
adi.mariner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 23:27   #123

Searching for this thread. As a beginner I started using fountain pens 5 years ago, on and off. Stated with Pierre cardin, broke couple of nibs and stopped using. Again my curiosity kicked in for the fountain pens. Started again with a desi Sulekha and Beena pens, cost you a couple of hundreds, their medium nibs are good. Cello signature pen is okay. Camlin trinity is a work horse for me , it never disappoints. Gold leaf Jinhao (let's call it a Lamy for a man on budget) with its fine tip does a good job of writing. Should I buy a few more??? It makes me worry that many might not be used and will rot in a corner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks