Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:37   #31
BHPian

Once I badly wanted those sachin autographed yellow palio GTX. This was much before I started earning. Also ford Mondeo for its interior looks and widely accepted one as one of the finest driver's car(never driven one) .
Then vRS. That is a comparatively recent passion. But skoda's maintenance stories scarred me off. The same way I am attracted/distracted to the new laura 1.8 T.
I am dreaming of owning a BMW 3 series or maybe 530d. Now way beyond my budget though!
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemanatt View Post
Once I badly wanted those sachin autographed yellow palio GTX.
That's called the S10 and was limited edition.
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:39   #33
BHPian

RD-350, once owned it, still MISS IT BIGTIME!, its throaty growl like hungry Cheetah, its Reed valve Torque Induction, 30.5 bhps, its twin carbs sucking in the gas which was 8 bucks a liter, it's something like the Beatles man, there will never be something quite like it in a long, long time........
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Uno D - Almost bought it but I sat in a Santro and out went the Uno due to it's interior plastics quality ! The engine was super FE though.

Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX - Almost booked one with the number plate 911 but was forced into buying a sedan as an upgrade from the Santro - ended up with the Ford Ikon 1.6 SXi.

Ford Mondeo - Have been checking out Mondeo's since donkey's years but it just won't come into my garage. At launch it was way way way above budget and then it was the A.S.S and niggling issues that kept me away from it.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yamaha RXZ- was in school that time, so no possibility of owning it that time
Ford Mondeo - Figures prominently in this MISSED car list. Again , I was not earning that time.
Ford Fiesta - The prices was slashed last year, and our budget was a lakh less. Just hope if we could have stretched our budget by a lakh that time.Now, I own a Ikon.
Many others in the list.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:36   #36
BHPian

About 15 years back, I had a crush for Premier 118 NE. I wished to but this car when I grow up & start earning.

But the car was out of market, when time came to buy one.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hmnn,
I seriously miss buying brand new MM550 XDb from factory. It was the jeep one i always wanted to own brand new. Mahindra Classic in 1997 is also one jeep i wish i could buy.

Both these models were produced before 2003, couldnt buy then as i was a student. There was a used 1998 model 20,000 kms run red Mahindra Classic for sale for Rs 2.5 lakhs. Didnt have money even then:-(

Living my dream through my old MM540 4wd for now :-)

Cars iam happy we owned are-

1. Premier Padmini
2. Premier 118 NE
3. Wagon R

I would have liked to own an Ambassador 2000 Diesel, Contessa 1.8 Petrol and Gypsy King if money wasnt an issue.

On bikes front iam still dying to own a Electra 5s. Lets see.
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:59   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Some cars we missed out on owning:
- Ford Mondeo: Lovely car, but dad thought an Accord was a better deal overall. While he is right, I still love the Mondeo.
- OHC VTEC: We got a Daewoo Nexia, as my mom who was the primary user found that more comfortable.
- Maruti Baleno: Came very close, to the point of choosing rims. However, got a good deal on a Lancer that we now have, but there is still no doubt that the Baleno is more trouble free.

These were the cars we missed out on buying. However, whenever we buy a car, it has a specific need, and we buy the one that meets the need best, and also offers the 'feeling', so apart from these few, I don't remember any other vehicle I am missing.
While I would love to own various vehicles, they don't feature on this list as this isn't a dream garage thread.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:04   #39
BHPian

Narrowly missed out on a Honda Civic AT in 2008. Someone won it as a prize with Lay's chips and wanted the money bad. Somehow he ended up selling it to a person who paid 75k less than my offer! What a bummer.

Regret it till this day.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:14   #40
BHPian

Nice thread! Neways here's my list--> Maruti Esteem--> Maruti Baleno

Could have bought it for all practical reasons, but Dad had a car from his office, all expenses fully paid, so never won an argument with him to buy our own car. Quite practical .. but still my heart misses them a lot.--> Maruti Gypsy King. Still dream to buy an old Gypsy and build up to a mean machine, again I can afford it, no hickups but Mind overrules Heart when you are a 9-5 office going guy :-)
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:14   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Missed owning:

-Ferrari F430 : I walked into the LA dealership right after I bought my rose gold AP limited edition watch, put hard cash down for the car and just as the keys were being handed over, my alarm clock went off
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:40   #42
Team-BHP Support

A CJ500D was offered at 50k. Bargaining would have brought it down to 40k.
Jeep was in excellent condition.
New tires and all that.

Missed out because I am a fool.
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:31   #43
BHPian

Nice Thread.

Since Childhood, have a craving for Jeeps..
Always used to dream about owning one with Flood lights and heavy Front guard.

Mahindra Classic 4X4 - Just missed and landed buying a M800

Palio 1.6 - Was not able to afford at that time..

Contessa Classic - Had a gr8 passion, to use it as a family car..
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:09   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Fiat Uno D - Almost bought it but I sat in a Santro and out went the Uno due to it's interior plastics quality ! The engine was super FE though.
Yeah me too, I even booked it, waited two months but they could'nt give me one in white, they said sir please take a cherry (sic) I said climb a wall (peace be upon him) and promptly brought an Indica. Still nostalgic about it BIG TIME! hey did you know the paparazzi chasing Lady Diana and the Arab joker when they went to their respective heavenly abodes, was driving an UNO... trust me.. I'm windiesel....
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

The previous gen Skoda Laura. We almost had it finalized in our heads but then decided to go for the Civic for its better brand value, comparatively cheaper maintenance and the overall Honda image.

Not that I made a wrong choice, but I still think the prev gen Laura is just 2 fyne

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks