Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 17:55   #106
BHPian

The Octavia vRS, the Ford Mondeo( a second hand one). Both were so so much fun to drive but its always head over heart.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:00   #107
BANNED

W-124 E250D: Thats a car

My first love, the W124-E250D. I still remember almost every word of its road test that I read... Sigh..

Though I will buy it one day.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

I regret not buying a Palio... but now my decision stands justified.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:01   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post

Palio GTX/S10: Failed to realize its true potential and when I did, it was already too late.
My feelings exactly. I should have bought GTX/S10 when I bought Palio 1.2 in the first place. I will regret this forever. And then the second regret is of not buying Adventure when I could and should have.

To small extent, I had this feeling about Fusion. At some time I liked it, and thought about buying it. But I could never like it so much to go out and buy one. I had a feeling that it is going to get discontinued and I was wondering if I will regret it. Somehow, now that it is discontinued, I don't really regret not buying it, but I still like it when I see one on the road.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:01   #110
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Octavia VRS, Accord V6, Dicor 2.2 Safari - Got the Laura instead
Tata Sierra, Tata Estate - preowned - got a preowned Cielo instead, which was good but missed the other two as well.
Fiat Weekender/ Baleno Altura - got the safari Instead (which i love, but liked the other two as well)
Old 13th May 2010, 18:06   #111
BHPian

Circa 2000/2001

Dad wanted to get a OHC, I told him to get a fiat siena instead. (I was 14)
Old 13th May 2010, 18:30   #112
Senior - BHPian

OHC Vtec. I get to see a neatly maintained OHC Vtec and every time i see it, i feel like asking the owner when he is gonna sell it! That car doesnt even have tints and looks as if just out of the showroom, and driven very sedately. The colour was peacock green kinda thing. (Light metallic, very rare)
Old 13th May 2010, 18:32   #113
Senior - BHPian

The Fiat Uno 1.7 .. during the 2000 times. At the end of its days, it was selling at discount, and it was a nice car. Would have served for 3 lakh kms very well.
Old 14th May 2010, 14:24   #114
GTO
Team-BHP Support

An update since my last post on this thread. The car I yearn for, a masterpiece I came *this* close to buying...but unfortunately, the deal didn't go through. The seller and I couldn't agree on a price. That was honestly irrelevant as I would have met his price. He is a thorough & reasonable gentleman. But a pre-purchase-inspection at a Merc dealership gave bad news. I have / had doubts on the time investment for such a car (Jeep already keeps me busy). Time required for troubleshooting, sourcing spares, comparing prices at different websites (It's an S-Class, so parts aren't cheap). Plus, if she came home, the OHC Vtec would have had to go. And I wasn't too sure about replacing a reliable daily driver with a high-maintenance mistress.

Sighhhhh. Hopefully, sometime in the future, we cross paths again:

Cars you missed out on owning, and why...-1.jpg

Cars you missed out on owning, and why...-2.jpg

Cars you missed out on owning, and why...-3.jpg

Cars you missed out on owning, and why...-4.jpg
Old 14th May 2010, 15:19   #115
Senior - BHPian

@GTO : Was the registration number of this W126 MH-01-T-xxxx ?

If so, I have seen her many times gliding on the roads of Pune.
Old 14th May 2010, 15:37   #116
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
@GTO : Was the registration number of this W126 MH-01-T-xxxx ?

If so, I have seen her many times gliding on the roads of Pune.
Sajo, believe it or not, your post was the first I saw when researching on this car. The topmost match for my google search query "Green W126 560SEL Pune" was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Just a couple of weeks ago, I saw an immaculate greenish (couldnt be sure of the exact shade as it was night time) 560SEL in Pune. And boy, can it fly off the line! It was couple of cars ahead of me at a signal, and when the lights turned green, the driver just took off. Cannot believe such a big, heavy car with an automatic transmission which is almost 2 decades old can move with such agility.
Yup, its the same car and it sure does move with agility. 8 cylinders at full clip on the expressway, and the front rises up (the car charging ahead with determination). Truly, an immensely special automobile.
Old 14th May 2010, 15:44   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yup, its the same car and it sure does move with agility. 8 cylinders at full clip on the expressway, and the front rises up (the car charging ahead with determination). Truly, an immensely special automobile.
Add to that the low rumble of that V8, stuff which dreams are made of!
Old 14th May 2010, 16:33   #118
BHPian

Ah it reminds me of two mistakes I made.

First one is that I wanted a Grande Punto way back in 2006 and waited over a year for it but it landed only in 2009. We got a Swift in 2006 instead although I dont regret that much as the Swift is a great car too.

Second is a Mini Cooper, the original one driven by out Mr. Bean. I came across an offer for this car for just Rs 1.5 lakhs in mint condition. Sadly was just 13 year old when I came across this and couldnt convince my parents to buy one.
Old 14th May 2010, 16:59   #119
Senior - BHPian

I had to make decision when both Palio and Punto were available(Feb 2010). I dont know why but Palio (Stile series) looked much more appealing to me than Punto. But the fact that Palio is getting phased out and Punto is based on new generation of technology made me go for Punto.

So ya, Deep within little bit of regret will be there. Not that I am not happy with Punto. Absolutely love it.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:09   #120
Senior - BHPian

I always wanted to buy a Sedan from Fiat (The Siena impact) and was checking on the Linea. But the high line diesel was way out of my budget! So, I settled for the Fiesta 1.6S

However, I get to drive my friend's Linea (1 Petrol & 1 Diesel) and the missing feeling is not there anymore! But the Linea is one car I missed to own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks