Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2014, 11:38   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Are KFC / Cafe Day / Pizza Hut hygienic anymore?

The further the "food" is away from it's raw natural state, the less you know about what it has been through, and the more chances of it turning out harmful to you.

Oh, and it also means the easier it is to fetch and pop-in.
Old 18th May 2015, 20:02   #197
Senior - BHPian

Not completely related, but it concerns food and it concerns *fast food*.

Following report today says Maggi Noodles has been found to contain very high levels of MSG and Lead in the samples.

http://www.abplive.in/lifestyle/2015...und-in-samples

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/47304615.cms

http://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/mag...uch-msg-764089

This is scary.

Last edited by DCEite : 18th May 2015 at 20:06.
Old 19th May 2015, 22:56   #198
Senior - BHPian

2 yrs back, I had gone to Mc Donalds, EDM, Kaushambi, Ghaziabad, UP to celebrate an occasion and ate Spicy Chicken and left store immediately as we were late for home.

Within 20 mins my stomach started churning, I was uneasy after reaching home. Somehow slept.

After 3 hours woke up with very very bad stomachache. at 1 AM in the night, tried every medicine in the house, tried to vomit to throw out the food. But it was bad, very very bad.

I could not sit, stand, sleep, walk. The pain was very very very bad. Took all home medicine and treatment but it didn't subside. Could not sleep. Called known doctor in the morning at 7 AM, he said he will reach clinic at 8:30.

Was the first person at his clinic, looking at my face and clothes, doctor asked why are you looking so bad today. Told him everything and he checked and confirmed that its food poisoning.

Gave me 2 strong injections, asked me to wait at his clinic till I get some strength to reach home.

Somehow reached home, took off that day from office, the health was so bad, I had to take next day also as off.

Ate on Sunday, I was good to go to office on Wednesday, but that Sunday night, I can never forget, the way I was shouting in pain throughout the night.

Wrote an email to Mc Donalds after the incidence, told them about it, they called me back after 2 days, asked me if I had a bill, I said, as soon as I ate, I threw the bill away. The guys said, he checked at store and no one else had complained of this problem.

However, I am very sure that it was this food which caused it. I had home food in the afternoon and at Mc Donalds in the late evening, only I ate something different than the family.

That was the last day of Mc Donalds for me.

Big shop doesn't always mean that its going to be hygienic. Better eat food cooked at home and enjoy that food was my learning (for myself). Also, keep the bill with you for atleast 2-3 days after you have eaten, rather than just keeping it for delivery from the counter. You never know what impact the food might have on you over the next 2-3 days.
Old 3rd March 2017, 16:13   #199
BHPian

One more reported from Kolkata

http://www.financialexpress.com/indi...-fries/573273/
Old 4th March 2017, 09:20   #200
BHPian

The previous post on this thread was in 2015 and then one in 2017, so 2 yrs apart.
While there might be stray incidents , in general they are more organized when it comes to hygiene maintained at the premise.

Most of these outlets have glass covered kitchens where you can see the kitchen.

Compare their kitchen with a regular Darshini / Dosa joint / Andhra / Indian cuisine restaurant and you will see a vast difference.

Recently I peeked into a popular Darshini here and I see 2 of the main cooks topless, Dosa batter in a large vessel kept on the floor, another guy cutting vegetables and scraps falling all over the floor. post cutting they are just left on the table open.

So if we are debating about harmful ingredients used that might hold some water but when it comes to hygiene at the kitchen these players are still ahead of the game is my 2 cents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks