Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 16:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Coloneljasi, I agree that all restaurants need to maintain a certain level of hygiene and cleanliness, but the expectation of the same certainly varies from a place selling a dosa at Rs.15 and joint selling burger at Rs.80.

And as you rightly said it is this chalta-hai attitude taking its toll in our country, jago grahak jago!
Old 17th March 2010, 17:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Am sure no one would believe that I had cockroach in the dish which I had ordered in Sunnys / Bangalore. When pointed out we were coolly told that the kitchen was undergoing a fresh coat of paint because of which this could have happened.

Also the guy was magnanimous in waiving off the cockroach dish which I decided not to have. Have never visited that place again nor would recommend it to anyone. The attitude with which the owner tried to brush of the incident was pathetic.

No wonder you keep hearing rumors about the place being racist to all other Indians except for the known circle.
Old 18th March 2010, 10:35   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Strangely, I've never encountered such problems in cheaper (yet reputed) eateries like a Shiv Sagar (fast food chain, pav bhaji et al) or Sharda Bhavan (cheap South Indian restaurant).

But I've had my share of similar nuances at more upmarket chains / restaurants (including at 5 star hotels).
Old 18th March 2010, 10:45   #19
BHPian

I had similar experience at Papa Johns at hiranandani. There was hair in the pizza base and i complained about it, also made an official complain , they said they would get back to me, but its been over a year now still no response from them. So Bye bye papa johns for me.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Water always settles at the lowest level possible. These foreign food chains might come in with fancy-looking cookery and even fancier uniforms, but its just a matter of time before they inculcate surrounding slack.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Strangely, I've never encountered such problems in cheaper (yet reputed) eateries like a Shiv Sagar (fast food chain, pav bhaji et al) or Sharda Bhavan (cheap South Indian restaurant).

But I've had my share of similar nuances at more upmarket chains / restaurants (including at 5 star hotels).
Yes that is true shiv sagar , Shanti Sagar and all the others known as Udupi joints in Mumbai and Darshanis in Bangalore are far more hygienic simply due to volume of transactions.

Shanti Sagars in Bangalore usually have an open kitchen on ground floor and stand up eatery and dine in restaurent on 1st and 2nd floors. Things look much better in their kitchen compared to the places which have open dry kitchen to show off in front and actual wet kitchen hidden behind the door.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

I had very bad experience twice in McDonalds after second experience we stopped going to McDonalds. McDonalds food is contaminated and will lead to extreme food poisoning.

Once, along with my family had Bugers, Fries etc in one of famous McDonalds joints in Bangalore. I had started feeling uneasy stomach just half an hour after taking food. But at the night me and my 4 year old son both vomited. I somehow managed to keep myself up but cannot see at my 4 year old son doing 3 - 4 times vomiting that night.

Somehow my wife that day did not had burgers and she only took Coke. She was fine, but we both were not feeling good.

I just went to that McDonalds and gave my piece of mind. Other than hygiene they will serve you contaminated food many times.

I never encountered problem with any of the Idli, Dosa joints in Bangalore.

Last edited by anujmishra : 18th March 2010 at 12:39.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:56   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
in one of famous McDonalds joints in Bangalore.
Please feel free to mention the exact place. It helps the rest of us to avoid such places.
Old 18th March 2010, 13:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I had very bad experience twice in McDonalds after second experience we stopped going to McDonalds. McDonalds food is contaminated and will lead to extreme food poisoning.

Once, along with my family had Bugers, Fries etc in one of famous McDonalds joints in Bangalore...
Your post is of no value without naming the joint.

Have seen this kind of post where people want to express their frustration / anger, but are scared / reluctant to point out the entity in question. Sad!
Old 18th March 2010, 14:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Please feel free to mention the exact place. It helps the rest of us to avoid such places.
I unintentionally avoided taking names. However I do not have any problem taking names of exact outlet.

1. Kemp Fort, Old Airport Road, Bangalore.
2. Escape Mall, Bagmane Tech Park, CV Raman Nagar, Bangalore

These guys sells contaminated fries, burgers. This is not only my experience, I can hear similar from some of my colleagues as well with other McDonalds.

However, till now I did not have bad experience with KFC. But who knows one may be.
Old 18th March 2010, 14:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Once i had ordered a Pizza from Slice of Italy outlet in South Delhi (Shahpurjat) and it had a big iron nail in it!!

Once found an insect inside "Frooti" drink:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...o-visible.html
Old 18th March 2010, 14:46   #27
BHPian

The most hygiene McC's or Pizza Huts are not serving hygiene food. How ?

The french fries or wedges that you eat are fried in oil which is continuously used to fry as many fries or wedges as possible ! Repeated use of heated oil for frying purposes, as everyone knows, is not good for the heart !

So does the most hygiene McC's/Pizza Huts even matter a bit ?
Old 18th March 2010, 15:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I think the hygiene and standards are in the pits for Pizza Hut definitely. Had been to the Pizza Hut in Juhu (Opp JW Marriott), Bombay, about a year ago, and noticed that the kitchen was right next to the toilet. To make matters worse, the toilet was stinking, and not surprisingly, the kitchen was stinking too.

Needless to say, the meal was a total disappointment too. Never going back there.
KFC - Went there just once, found the food insipid, much prefer our Indian chicken tikkas etc....
Old 18th March 2010, 15:52   #29
BHPian

soggy crust and hair: speciality of Mc. Donalds

Place: The Bay inside the Eco-Space tech park.

one afternoon I buy a 'takeaway' burger and i find it was soggy and couldn't eat it. and on the same night i buy a one more veg burger (not that i fancy eating burger- but it is the most convenient option to eat) again a take away. after reaching home i find a hair in the crust of the burger. next day i complained this to the branch manager. so far i have not had anything from there.

as mentioned earlier here 'm more comfortable with Darshinis. it is almost always WYSIWYG.
Old 18th March 2010, 16:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Had a bad experience at Bombay Post (in the Clarton towers which had a fire recently) run by the BGN group. Found hair in their starter as well as lime soda. Complained and they simply reduced one person's buffet charge. Never going back there again (even if they re-open the building).

Took some foreign delegates to Royal Orchid Hotel in Whitefield. Saw a creature running around and it finally ran under our table. Waiter coolly says, "sir chooha hoga" (sir it must be rat ). I sent complaint mails to the email ids mentioned in the Royal Orchid website. Not even an acknowledgment

Most Viewed