Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2013, 18:42   #1186
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Thanks ben. The way things have moved for me in this made process made me feel that mines is an exception. I had to visit commissioner office just to get the application moved from one PS to another, so i was thinking it wont be that easy. Anyway your reply has made me feel a bit more relaxed in the sense that no more trips are required.
Old 31st May 2013, 12:24   #1187
Senior - BHPian

I had an appointment at PSK, Marathahalli yesterday at 2:15 PM for renewal of my passport with address change and to add Spouse Name. Reached there at 1:30 PM (reporting time 2:00 PM). Was called in at 2:00 PM for verfication of documents and the entire process was over by 3:30 PM. I am really impressed by the functioning of the PSK. Got an SMS from an officer in Mahadevpura police station at 8:00 PM yesterday to call him back regarding police verification. Was asked to come today. My passport application is marked "Post Verification which means police verfication will be done after issuing/processing the application. Went to the police station with address proof and process is done. Now have to wait for the passport. Meanwhile, the application status says "Passport printing in progress at RPO. Application sent to Mahadevpura Police station of PV basis".

Note: Aadhar is not being accepted as address proof even though the website says so. I took Aadhar and Bank passbook with 1 year transactions
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:04   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post

Note: Aadhar is not being accepted as address proof even though the website says so. I took Aadhar and Bank passbook with 1 year transactions
Oh man this is Bad news for me. I have an appointment for Fresh passport on 10th June and other than Aadhar card, I do not have any other document for residence proof. I stay in a rented place in Thane. Can anyone else provide any helpful pointers to deal with this?

Thanks

Rohit
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:20   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Oh man this is Bad news for me. I have an appointment for Fresh passport on 10th June and other than Aadhar card, I do not have any other document for residence proof. I stay in a rented place in Thane. Can anyone else provide any helpful pointers to deal with this?

Thanks

Rohit
Very easy:

Take the rental agreement of your residence and the latest power bill to your bank and ask them to change the address, or get your bank account transferred to any branch in Thane. Log in to your account and take bank statements of last one year after change of address/account transfer and you are good to go.

Get a new passbook with your picture after the change of address/account transfer.

I hope this helps.

Waseem.
Old 4th June 2013, 12:57   #1190
BHPian

Do note that just the prints or e-statements are not good enough. You need the bank stamp and sign of a bank official on every sheet of the statement.
Old 4th June 2013, 14:16   #1191
BHPian

Guys my passport is up for renewal but when I took my old passport out the laminated last page with the address and file number has peeled off too an extent. The front page with my photo, name & passport number is intact. Does my passport fall under damaged passport category? If yes what is to be done?

Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 15:16   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Guys my passport is up for renewal but when I took my old passport out the laminated last page with the address and file number has peeled off too an extent. The front page with my photo, name & passport number is intact. Does my passport fall under damaged passport category? If yes what is to be done?

Thanks
You can renew your passport 3 years before DOE. If you fit in to this,it is renewal or else it falls under damaged passport category.

Waseem.
Old 4th June 2013, 17:27   #1193

Heads up, everyone ! From now on, you can no longer consult your personal astrologer to suggest an optimum date and time for booking the appointment slot. The "system" will do it for you.

After submitting my renewal application earlier today, I logged into the PSK portal at 3 pm (which is the opening time for Mumbai) to try to book a slot. No luck ! I kept getting an error -"Maximum number of applications exceeded". I got fed up after trying for half an hour and got back to work.

After some time, at 4.45 pm, on a whim - I tried again. Lo and behold - I managed to get in. On trying to select the Andheri - PSK, I got another error saying that all slots for the centre are full and I should try tomorrow. Yeah right ! So, I tried the next available PSK which was Lower Parel. I got a cryptic one-liner saying that slot was available for 25th June. I clicked the Next button, thinking that it would show me the available slot which I would need to select. Instead, I got a Congratulations message saying that my slot was booked for 2 pm.

This is not a very convenient slot as it means that I cannot work for even half a day and I shall need to take leave. Just wanted to warn everyone, who are going to book slots from now on.
Old 5th June 2013, 13:36   #1194
Team-BHP Support

For those who are abroad – if you have the option to renew your Indian passport via the embassy/high-commission, go by that route. It’s really a fast and hassle-free process compared to an application via the PSK in India.

My daughter’s passport expiry is around mid-month. I filled in the application form (along with a photograph, copy of the original passport and Singapore re-entry permit) and submitted at the authorized agency here. Applied on 1st June, a status SMS came on 2nd June, and today got another SMS saying that the new passport is ready for collection. Overall cost SGD 71 (around Rs. 3200), and process completed in 3 working days.

Passport Renewal Procedure-passport-application.jpg
Old 5th June 2013, 13:39   #1195
BHPian

From 1st June onwards the slot will be allotted by system automatically. Apparently this is to prevent touts from booking all the slots. Once a slot has been allotted only 2 changes will be permitted within one year.

Also, soon the fee will have to be payed online compulsorily. They piloting it in PSK Dehradun as of now.
Old 6th June 2013, 12:39   #1196
BHPian

My passport status is now "Printing in Progress" since yesterday. God knows how many more days it will be before it moves to the next stage. Any one knows what is the usual duration these days to get the passport from this stage ?

Pramod, did you get your passport ?
Old 6th June 2013, 12:43   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
My passport status is now "Printing in Progress" since yesterday. God knows how many more days it will be before it moves to the next stage. Any one knows what is the usual duration these days to get the passport from this stage ?

Pramod, did you get your passport ?
No I did not get my passport. My application went through the following stages.

1. Application sent to Police station for verification on Post PV basis. Printing in progess.

2. Printing done. Will get an SMS/Mail once it is dispatched.

3. Police verfication report under review. Will get an SMS/Mail once it is dispatched. This is the current status.
Old 6th June 2013, 12:50   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
No I did not get my passport. My application went through the following stages.

2. Printing done. Will get an SMS/Mail once it is dispatched.
How much time did it take for the passport to be printed ? Also check with commissioner office whether they actually received your report(both soft and hard copies). I had to followup multiple times with Mahadevapura P.S to get the report sent. He will say he has sent but the commissioner office would deny. This happened quite a few times. On the other hand my prev addr report was sent promptly (in a weeks time from the verification being done).
Old 6th June 2013, 12:55   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
How much time did it take for the passport to be printed ? Also check with commissioner office whether they actually received your report(both soft and hard copies). I had to followup multiple times with Mahadevapura P.S to get the report sent. He will say he has sent but the commissioner office would deny. This happened quite a few times. On the other hand my prev addr report was sent promptly (in a weeks time from the verification being done).
I think it took 5 days to print the passport.
Old 6th June 2013, 16:03   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
You can renew your passport 3 years before DOE. If you fit in to this,it is renewal or else it falls under damaged passport category.

Waseem.
My passport is going to expire in 2015. If I apply for a renewal now, what would be the expiry date on my new passport?

And guys, what happens to the old passport once its renewed? I know that they enter the old passport number on the renewed one. But do we need to carry both passports every time? I see a lot of people having stapled 2 passports at the airports.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks