Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:59   #2686
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

My passport is expiring in Aug 2023 while my both kids' passports are expiring in Jan 2024. Since we can renew passport one year in advance, I was planning to renew passports for all 3 of us sometime say in Feb 2023 or so.
I am located in Mumbai (nearest PSK is Malad). Is there a way I can get appointment for all 3 of us together so we can get passports renewed on same day at the PSK?

Or the only option is that I need to make sure I get 3 separate same day and slot appointments and then this way we can all enter together. Inside PSK, is there a way they can treat such family applications (different individuals of same family) under single token so that it is easier inside as we go through the A, B, C areas.

Also, for a minor's passport renewal, do both parents need to go to PSK? I remember once my wife went alone with me and they told she should get some letter from me and all that.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 11:25   #2687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
...a workaround is to register as a new user with the same email address and re-apply. I'm tempted to try this since I havent made payment yet.
This is best. In fact try using another email ID altogether to keep it clean. I used to use a single user/email ID for all my family's passport renewals but it gets confusing to track which was the last one applied since DOB is one of the mandatory fields for login.

My wife and child are going for their passport reissue soon and I have applied separately for each of them (separate email/login as well as separate mobile number for the SMS update). I think it's better that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Both of us had a change of address, but wife got post verification and got her passport in 3 days, whereas I got pre-verification and will receive my passport today (24 days after submitting the application).
That's heartening! Wife and kid passports currently have different addresses and our actual address is a third one! Luckily their Aadhar cards have the target address so am hoping it will be a straightforward process!

Last edited by noopster : 18th April 2022 at 11:27.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 11:22   #2688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
My passport is expiring in Aug 2023 while my both kids' passports are expiring in Jan 2024. Since we can renew passport one year in advance, I was planning to renew passports for all 3 of us sometime say in Feb 2023 or so.
I am located in Mumbai (nearest PSK is Malad). Is there a way I can get appointment for all 3 of us together so we can get passports renewed on same day at the PSK?

Or the only option is that I need to make sure I get 3 separate same day and slot appointments and then this way we can all enter together. Inside PSK, is there a way they can treat such family applications (different individuals of same family) under single token so that it is easier inside as we go through the A, B, C areas.

Also, for a minor's passport renewal, do both parents need to go to PSK? I remember once my wife went alone with me and they told she should get some letter from me and all that.
Actually it will naturally happen that all three of you will be entering the PSK together, since both of you will have to accompany your child. At the same time you may also hold your own tokens for renewal of individual passports.

A slight difficulty may arise if in case all three of you be called at different desks at about the same time. However, a polite request to the PSK executive should manage such situation.
raktim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 11:46   #2689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Both of us had a change of address, but wife got post verification and got her passport in 3 days, whereas I got pre-verification and will receive my passport today (24 days after submitting the application).
The PSK initiated the police verification the very next day, but I got the call to visit the police station 10 days later after which it sat at some SP office for another 10 days till a clear police report was submitted to the PSK. In all it has taken 20 days for police verification which I think is too long.
I renewed my & wife's passport (with address change) recently & it was a mixed bag. Both of us got pre verification. Our applications sat at RPO Mumbai for more than 1.5 months before the RPO initiated police verification. Then it took 15 days to get call from police station. Document submission was a breeze and the police station staff were co-operative with no palm greasing required. Both of us submitted our documents simultaneously, but my application went to SP office 5-6 days before wife's application was sent.

Then SP office rejected wife's application for want of more address proof (my application had exact same address proofs and was approved by SP office). This left the police station staff also puzzled as they said there was no reason for these documents to be rejected. Nevertheless we submitted 1 more address proof document to SP office post which wife's application got clear report. It took a total of nearly 3 months from PSK appointment to getting passport delivered
Old 3rd May 2022, 11:23   #2690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post

I am in similar situation. Were you able to apply for renewal yet? Wouldove to hear your first hand experience.

I have additional query if someone can answer. Can I create my application along with my 2 minor kids applications in same login or do I need to create separate logins /provide separate emails?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 3rd May 2022 at 11:48.
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:28   #2691
Team-BHP Support

After 10 years, it is time for me to renew my passport. The nice thing is aadhaar can work for both DOB and POA, it directly fetched from Digilocker. So I registered for renewal, paid online and got an appointment.

I am a bit surprised about how little documentation I need to carry for the appointment:
1) No printed appointment receipt required since SMS is enough.
2) No printed form to carry?
3) No need to carry two passport size photos?
4) I only need to carry self-attested copies of aadhaar card?

Am I missing something here?

One more thing that bothered me was that the address field didn't allow me to complete the full address. I had to leave out one line because of character limit. Is that a problem?
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:30   #2692
RWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Can I create my application along with my 2 minor kids applications in same login or do I need to create separate logins /provide separate emails?
You can use the same email id/phone number, but will need to create separate logins/applications for yourself and each kid. Hope that helps.
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:46   #2693

Carry signed photocopy of your old passport and a copy of the form you filled.
I renewed my passport a few days back (Tatkal) and the passport office asked for a self attested copy of the expiring passport.
Fishtail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:52   #2694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
You can use the same email id/phone number, but will need to create separate logins/applications for yourself and each kid. Hope that helps.
I created separate applications for me and my kids under one login. Will that work? Or do I need to create separate logins for each of us?
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:54   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
One more thing that bothered me was that the address field didn't allow me to complete the full address. I had to leave out one line because of character limit. Is that a problem?
I had the same issue a few years back when I renewed my passport. However at the PSK counter, the lady allowed me to verify the address and added the missing details.
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 14:43   #2696
BHPian

Quote:
I created separate applications for me and my kids under one login. Will that work? Or do I need to create separate logins for each of us?
It will work. I did the same. However, there's a max limit (guess 4) of applications per account.
mpthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 22:36   #2697
BHPian

My daughter passport will be expire on 30th July 2022. She will be 18 on next year April. My questions-
1. If I renew the passport now, will it be valid till the age of 18?
2. Or it will be valid for 10 years?
Old 14th May 2022, 22:46   #2698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
My daughter passport will be expire on 30th July 2022. She will be 18 on next year April. My questions-
1. If I renew the passport now, will it be valid till the age of 18?
2. Or it will be valid for 10 years?
You have option to chose 10 years validity passport for child aged between 15-18 years.

You can check the official website for details.

https://www.passportindia.gov.in/App...vicesAvailable
Attached Thumbnails
Passport Renewal Procedure-screenshot_20220514225734_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 14th May 2022 at 22:59.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 11:42   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
You have option to chose 10 years validity passport for child aged between 15-18 years.
Where I will get this option? During online filling or in Passport seva kendra I need to inform them?
Old 15th May 2022, 11:50   #2700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Where I will get this option? During online filling or in Passport seva kendra I need to inform them?
I think while filling the online form.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks