Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2021, 10:08   #2671
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Great experience with passport renewal. Received the passport in exactly 8th day including the day of applications. Police verification included too.
Old 26th August 2021, 23:57   #2672
BHPian

Super impressed with the passport renewal process. Had to renew the passport for my daughter and wife. Fixed an appointment at the PSK, Lalbagh (Bangalore) for the 24th. Went there at 12 in the afternoon and submitted copies of the passport and aadhar and was out by 2:30 PM after completing the other formalities. Got a message the same evening letting me know that the passports were sent for printing. Yesterday, I received a message in the evening that the passports had been dispatched by Speedpost. The passports were delivered this afternoon. It's impressive how quick the turn around time is now, unlike earlier. No police verification was required as well.
Old 13th October 2021, 09:00   #2673
Senior - BHPian

New Passport sewa Kendra opens in Dombivali. This will cater to all people in Kalyan-Dombivali area, Ulhasnagar-Badlapur belt and they will no longer have to go to Thane. This will reduce the load on Thane passport office.

Read full story here: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/86978565.cms

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 13th October 2021 at 09:02.
Old 19th January 2022, 12:45   #2674
BHPian

Pleasantly surprised and really really happy at the passport renewal process!

Went yesterday for a slot at 9:30am 18-Jan-22 and the passport was delivered now at 12:45pm 19-Jan-22!!

wow!!!
Old 19th January 2022, 14:01   #2675
Oxy
BHPian

I am wondering how safe it is to even go to the Passport office considering the recent covid surge. That place is usually super crowded.
Old 7th March 2022, 16:32   #2676
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Passport renewal question on behalf of a friend:
My friend's permanent residence address is in another city and state. He stays in a rented accommodation in Bangalore and upon enquiring about the procedure for passport renewal, found that:
1. The rental agreement must be Registered (at the local sub-registrar office)
2. The rental agreement validity period must be for more than 1 year.

Is this understanding correct ?

If yes, this now brings up some issues because in Bangalore most landlords do not register the rental agreement but buy Rs.100 stamp paper and print the first page of the agreement on it.
Also the period of rental agreement is just 11 months, not more than a year or multi-year.

Appreciate any help to clarify this.
Old 7th March 2022, 16:36   #2677
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Assuming your friend is working and employed, Ask him to get a employer letter on their letter head signed by HR confirming his existing address. It worked for me here in NCR.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 17:26   #2678
BHPian

I just got my passport renewed and had the same issue. Fortunately, I had first got my driving license done at this address and despite all the guidelines online, the passport office accepts DL as a valid address proof in Bengaluru.

I had taken a bank statement, letter from the apartment complex along with the latest electricity bill but none of it was taken. Only Aadhar and DL. Unfortunately though, the DL processing times had gone up the last time I checked. It takes almost a month now in Bengaluru due to shortage of smart cards.

Quote:
My friend's permanent residence address is in another city and state. He stays in a rented accommodation in Bangalore and upon enquiring about the procedure for passport renewal, found that:

If yes, this now brings up some issues because in Bangalore most landlords do not register the rental agreement but buy Rs.100 stamp paper and print the first page of the agreement on it.
Also the period of rental agreement is just 11 months, not more than a year or multi-year.

anandavinash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 20:55   #2679
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Assuming your friend is working and employed, Ask him to get a employer letter on their letter head signed by HR confirming his existing address. It worked for me here in NCR.
This is probably going to be an issue as well since he is self employed and I think his company is registered in the other city/state
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 11:04   #2680
Senior - BHPian

Good initiate by Mumbai police. Applicants no longer have to visit police station for passport verification :

https://twitter.com/sanjayp_1/status...50384073592832

"#PassportVerification. We have decided no citizen will be called to police station in Mumbai except in exceptional cases of documents being incomplete etc. If not followed do report"
Old 1st April 2022, 09:52   #2681
BHPian

Quote:

I have a related question.

I am working in Noida, though my permanent address is in Bangalore. Yesterday I initiated the online passport renewal process (I believe they call it "re-issue"), and I stated my present address as Noida and permanent address as Bangalore.

I was surprised to see that when it came to the step where I can schedule an appointment at a PSK, it offered only Bangalore PSK's as choices. Why is that? Surely I cannot go to Bangalore just for this process! How do I schedule an appointment at a Ghaziabad/GreaterNoida/Noida/Delhi PSK? (those are the places closest to me).

Any advice?
Old 1st April 2022, 11:42   #2682
Senior - BHPian

Recently went through the renewal process for both wife and myself in Pune. The process of filling up the application and getting an appointment was quite straightforward. The earliest appointment available was 15 days later.

At the passport office in Mundhwa again the experience was good, although the government side of the process tends to get quite crowded and we had to wait for over an hour for our numbers to be called out.

Both of us had a change of address, but wife got post verification and got her passport in 3 days, whereas I got pre-verification and will receive my passport today (24 days after submitting the application).

The delays are in the police verification process. The PSK initiated the police verification the very next day, but I got the call to visit the police station 10 days later after which it sat at some SP office for another 10 days till a clear police report was submitted to the PSK. In all it has taken 20 days for police verification which I think is too long.

The actual police verification though was super smooth. I had to go to the Hinjewadi police station which has a dedicated room for passport verification and if you have all documents in place it hardly takes 5 mins and no palm greasing is required at all.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 1st April 2022 at 11:44.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 12:08   #2683
BHPian

I had a very nice experience with Passport renewal @ Bangalore in March first week of this year. From online filling of the application form, making payment, booking of slot were pretty much seamless. Also the physical experience at the Passport seva kendra was also quick enough, I reported at 9 AM and I was out by 9:30 AM (30 minutes for visiting some 3 different counters + reporting counter).

Police verification was also easy, I waited for a week to see if they were visiting my address, and went directly with the documents. Came out in 10 minutes, after the officer taking my copies and the form given from PSK. Next day, received the SMS on Police clearing my report.

Entire steps, we receive SMS update untill the delivery of the passport

Quote:

Please refer to the link: https://www.passportindia.gov.in/App..._0169918_Y.pdf

It says 'unregistered rent agreement shall also be accepted...".

And I am thinking, probably carry the current year and previous year agreement to show the term of more than 11 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I have a related question.

I was surprised to see that when it came to the step where I can schedule an appointment at a PSK, it offered only Bangalore PSK's as choices. Why is that? Surely I cannot go to Bangalore just for this process! How do I schedule an appointment at a Ghaziabad/GreaterNoida/Noida/Delhi PSK? (those are the places closest to me).

Any advice?
When I booked my appointment, it showed me different PSK across cities, with available slots which I could chose from (post fees payment). Check it again on the online portal and see.

Regards,
narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 17:28   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
When I booked my appointment, it showed me different PSK across cities, with available slots which I could chose from (post fees payment). Check it again on the online portal and see.
I did try, its still only showing Karnataka PSKs. I notice that the RPO (regional passport office) in my profile says Bangalore, maybe thats the cause? That field seems uneditable in my profile. And sure enough I googled a bit and found a few links (eg. https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-chan...itted-the-fees) that say that that can't be changed, and that a workaround is to register as a new user with the same email address and re-apply. I'm tempted to try this since I havent made payment yet.
Old 1st April 2022, 17:46   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I did try, its still only showing Karnataka PSKs. I notice that the RPO (regional passport office) in my profile says Bangalore, maybe thats the cause? That field seems uneditable in my profile. And sure enough I googled a bit and found a few links (eg. https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-chan...itted-the-fees) that say that that can't be changed, and that a workaround is to register as a new user with the same email address and re-apply. I'm tempted to try this since I havent made payment yet.
Yes that maybe the case. I checked in my profile too and Registered RPO is showing Bangalore for me, and is a non-editable field. If you create a new profile and select the correct RPO it could work out.

Note: I may have overlooked when I said that I remember seeing PSK across cities, with this being the case. Apologies.
narayanang76 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks