Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2013, 17:11   #1171
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Thanks. Its been only a day, but i might have to travel soon and the old passport is already cancelled. I hope things go alright.
Old 16th May 2013, 17:10   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Either the PV report submitted is not legible (or not scanned properly etc) or otherwise the printing center might have run out of booklets and awaiting fresh supply. Both are possibilities and I did experience the latter one last year.
I think it would be better for me to visit the authorities concerned. Do i need to go to the RPO -koramangala or the PSK -Marathahalli where i submitted the applications.

Last edited by rki2007 : 16th May 2013 at 17:12.
Old 18th May 2013, 12:42   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I think it would be better for me to visit the authorities concerned. Do i need to go to the RPO -koramangala or the PSK -Marathahalli where i submitted the applications.
RPO will be the best bet. once the application is accepted at PSKs, the action shifts to the RPO.
Old 19th May 2013, 17:49   #1174
BHPian

I received my passport last week. The design has changed. The photo and personal details which were earlier printed on the inside of the front and back cover are now on the first and last page, and these two pages are now laminated.
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:50   #1175
BHPian

I see my application's status as "Police verification report is submitted and the passport printing is in progress ."

I see the above message from past 4 days . Can someone tell me what is the next set of things that will happen and by what time will I get the passport .
Old 24th May 2013, 12:14   #1176
Senior - BHPian

So, finally they agreed to open booking for more than a week.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/20235853.cms

Quote:
In a relief to many applicants in the state, the Regional Passport Office has opened slots for more number of days. Applicants will now get appointments between 7 and 21 working days from the day of booking unlike earlier when appointments were given only for two to three days.
Good. Hopefully, agents do not misuse this!
Old 24th May 2013, 13:04   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
So, finally they agreed to open booking for more than a week.
I was able to book an appointment yesterday because of this. Have been trying for a week.
Old 24th May 2013, 15:52   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I see my application's status as "Police verification report is submitted and the passport printing is in progress ."

I see the above message from past 4 days . Can someone tell me what is the next set of things that will happen and by what time will I get the passport .
After this the status would change to "your passport has been printed, you will receive intimation when it is despatched".

Then after another couple of days, you will receive SMS intimation along with tracking code when they despatch the passport.

Next day the postman will come with your passport.

Rohan
Old 28th May 2013, 19:28   #1179
Team-BHP Support

My passport came. However the photo printing is not proper, so face is not clearly visible. Do I just walk into my Passport office with the passport, or is there a special category for taking appointment ...
That said, I am quite surprised they don't even check the passport after printing. And guess what, the passport was just lying somewhere for a week before getting posted. When you take 10 days to print a passport, and then 10 more days waiting for dispatch, why not check it once?
Old 28th May 2013, 19:40   #1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
My passport came. However the photo printing is not proper, so face is not clearly visible. Do I just walk into my Passport office with the passport, or is there a special category for taking appointment ...
You will probably need to register a grievance on the PSK link - http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...uestHomeAction

Mention your passport details and your issue and you should get some sort of acknowledgement and reply on how to proceed.
Old 28th May 2013, 20:17   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
All the best! Even my passport had a big smudge on the photograph and it took 3 visits to RPO delhi to get a new booklet. PSK won't be able to help you with this issue. I had to meet APO/PA to RPO/RPO (in this order) to get an approval for reprinting of the booklet. On the top of all this the whole process (rather lack of it) is just based on verbal commitments.

Anyways before visiting RPO try your luck at the nearest PSK to see if the passport officer there can help you. In my case PSK guys asked me to visit the main office.
Old 28th May 2013, 21:13   #1182
BHPian

My passport recently recieved had lines jumping each other in the last page. For example my name was overlapping the second line, hence creating a bit of a double print sort of situation. Is this ok?
Old 30th May 2013, 11:57   #1183
BHPian

Phew!!!!!!! Finally got my passport today. The guy form the postal department carrying my passport looked like a God to me.

It took 45 days for me to get the passport right from the day of filing the online application for a fresh passport through normal route.

The delay was mainly due to the online slot booking followed by the Election that happened in Karnataka where there were no Government staffs for processing and the Police Commissioner office people took more time to send the file to the RPO due to Election duties. Also i had to personally visit the RPO once, which was not intimated to me at all and got to know only after visiting the RPO that my visit was the pending one for which the application was pending to be processed for more than 2 weeks. This was because of the minor change in name/surname i guess.

If all these things were not there then it should have taken not more than 20-25 days.

Anyways thanks a lot to all people who really gave a lot of information. One of the best thing that i have got in my life is the Team Bhp link. I have had numerous benefits in terms of knowledge about cars, bikes and many other things too!!.

Last edited by rki2007 : 30th May 2013 at 12:04.
Old 30th May 2013, 17:59   #1184
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Since i last posted here, i had made about 5 trips to two PS (because i had changed residence within last one year) and Commissioner Office. The verification has been completed and all documents/photos submitted to these PSs.

The status now says:
"Police Verification Report for your passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office. After Police Verification Report is found clear, passport will be dispatched. You would receive an sms/email once the passport is dispatched."

Is this a normal stage for all applicants ? If not, do i need to visit RPO now ?

When can i expect my passport to be dispatched ?
Old 30th May 2013, 18:31   #1185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
Is this a normal stage for all applicants ? If not, do i need to visit RPO now ?

When can i expect my passport to be dispatched ?
You obviously haven't gone through this thread well. You'd realize that this is part of the normal workflow, and there is not much to be influenced from your end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks