Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2021, 19:06   #2656
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrjun View Post
Anyway , I've now been told by a high commission official that I can't have a Sg address in my passport
Is this a new rule? I had my US address in my Indian passport for 10 years between 2002 to 2012.

Last edited by Samurai : 27th June 2021 at 19:08.
Old 28th June 2021, 19:21   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrjun View Post
Anyway , I've now been told by a high commission official that I can't have a Sg address in my passport and I definitely need to have an Indian ID like aadhar\voter..etc which all doesn't make sense as the address itself doesn't exist since the address in the current passport has been sold.He says that he can't help me and that as a citizen of India , I need address proof.
I think you are required to provide at least one address in India, even if you don't physically live there. The address that is actually printed on your passport can be your local (outside India) address. At least this is what I was told when renewing my daughter's passport. Of course, this provided a handy opportunity for the police officer at the other end of the line to request a bribe!
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:21   #2658
Senior - BHPian

Biggest surprise today that I got the passport within 24 hours after the appointment was done.

It was a renewal/re-issue and yesterday 2pm was the appointment at PSK, Bangalore. And received the passport by 1:30pm today. Police verification also happened today.

This is something faster than Tatkal. "Tatkal" category is irrelevant at the moment.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 2nd July 2021 at 15:25.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 22:09   #2659
BHPian

Great to see stories of super quick renewals. While I still wait for my police verification to be cleared, almost about 6 months now since I applied with my new address.
Old 3rd July 2021, 08:57   #2660
Senior - BHPian

Superfast renewals are the norm from what it looks like. Appointment at 4pm on Monday for reissue with new address etc. New passport was in hand at my door by 1 pm the next day. Pretty crazy speed and makes tatkal applications redundant. This was at PSK Lalbagh in Bangalore.

Police verification was completed within a week in a post facto basis.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 3rd July 2021 at 09:00.
Old 4th July 2021, 08:50   #2661
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Great to see stories of super quick renewals. While I still wait for my police verification to be cleared, almost about 6 months now since I applied with my new address.
File a RTI to check where it is stuck and why. Ask for documentary evidence for reason of not clearing your police verification.

Seems like police man are sitting on waiting for their share.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 14:31   #2662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
File a RTI to check where it is stuck and why. Ask for documentary evidence for reason of not clearing your police verification.

Seems like police man are sitting on waiting for their share.
Since lockdown is not 100% lifted out of Bengal yet, I’ll just try to wait a few more days and not give them excuse of lockdown. Police verification was completed about 3 weeks ago, and it was a super hassling experience. Previous two attempts the police had given various negative reports which caused my application being completely rejected. Now I have yet again applied fresh and the police verification for this fresh application was done 3 weeks ago. The policeman was never satisfied with the documents I produced, which are: My voter card with same address as passport application, my PAN Card, old passport, adhaar card which still has old address, my birth certificate, my property documents of my new address, my property documents of my old address, my local councillor’s certificate, voter list having my name, my highest qualification, my 10th standard admit card, my late father’s death certificate, his voter card, my mother’s voter card, adhaar card both with old address. The policeman has taken all of these and gave a not satisfied look and told me, let us see how it goes. If required we will call you again. All this after rejecting my last application saying my citizenship could not be established.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 16:25   #2663
BHPian

Me and my wife are out of India. What would be the best way to procure a passport for our 2 year old kid who is in Hyderabad with her grandparents?
Old 4th July 2021, 21:02   #2664
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Me and my wife are out of India. What would be the best way to procure a passport for our 2 year old kid who is in Hyderabad with her grandparents?
As for as i am aware & speaking from experience, both parents need to be physically present for minor's passport. Suspect there is a way out here. Got passport issued for both my kids this way.

since you are outside, try to see if they accept local embassy affidavit letter attesting that you both are in so and so country and a passport be issued to kid. Chances of succeeding are next to nil though. If One parent is present and other is already outside country, they do accept the affidavits attested by local Indian high commissioner but here too at least one parent must be present.

FAQ's are silent on your specific case though.

https://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnli...orsReqPassport

Edit- Below article do throw some light on your specific case.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...cle7614638.ece

Quote:
If both the parents are residing abroad, they need to appoint a local guardian who can submit the application.

The parents need to make a joint sworn affidavit duly attested by the Indian Mission/Post abroad.

Besides the local guardian of the minor child, if he or she is not the grandparent of the child, one has to submit an affidavit with two responsible persons. Annexure C is applicable where the details and whereabouts of the other parents are not known. The single parent with whom the child is residing may submit Annexure C. Annexure G is applicable in all cases where the parent submitting the application is unable to get the consent of the other parent for obtaining passport of the child. This will include physical unavailability of the other parent at the time of submission of the application.

However, for applications submitted along with Annexure C and Annexure G, passport could be issued only based on police verification report.
Quote:
My voter card with same address as passport application, my PAN Card, old passport, adhaar card which still has old address, my birth certificate, my property documents of my new address, my property documents of my old address, my local councillor’s certificate, voter list having my name, my highest qualification, my 10th standard admit card, my late father’s death certificate, his voter card, my mother’s voter card, adhaar card both with old address. The policeman has taken all of these and gave a not satisfied look and told me, let us see how it goes. If required we will call you again. All this after rejecting my last application saying my citizenship could not be established.
This is strange that despite presenting so many proofs , Police is still in doubt. Police is supposed to do character verification only not decide your citizenship. More so since you already had a passport. Something is fishy for sure.

In my case, all they asked me was a character certificate from local Panchayat Pradhan.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 4th July 2021 at 21:20.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 22:30   #2665
BHPian

I too got a super fast passport delivery after applying for renewal. My appointment at PSK, Mangalore was on 28th June at 11.30. Next day at 3pm, passport was in my hands at my residence in Udupi. I did not require police verification
Old 5th July 2021, 08:57   #2666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Is this a new rule? I had my US address in my Indian passport for 10 years between 2002 to 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
I think you are required to provide at least one address in India, even if you don't physically live there. The address that is actually printed on your passport can be your local (outside India) address. At least this is what I was told when renewing my daughter's passport. Of course, this provided a handy opportunity for the police officer at the other end of the line to request a bribe!
Well,the officer in charge of passports at the Indian High commission here absolutely refused to acknowledge the fact that I could have a local Singapore address in the passport.

@ajitkommini - my question is what if u don't have an Indian address - does it mean that u aren't an Indian citizen

Anyway I pulled out an old valid Indian drivers license and got my passport.I didn't really want to use the license since I haven't been physically at that address in over a decade!

Last edited by shrjun : 5th July 2021 at 09:00.
Old 9th August 2021, 12:52   #2667
BHPian

Got My passport renewed. Got a message that passport has been dispatched.Next day got a message that the passport has been delivered. But I did not receive the passport. I think the post office guys are expecting me to visit them for bakshish.
I am thinking of complaining to higher authorities regarding this practice.
Old 11th August 2021, 18:53   #2668
BHPian

Got my passport renewed from Post Office Passport Seva Kendra, Jabalpur

Appointment Date - 04th, August, Wednesday (Documents submitted - copy of Aadhaar card, old passport & marksheet)
Police Verification - 07th, August, Saturday (Documents submitted - copy of Aadhaar card, old passport & marksheet)
Passport Dispatched from Bhopal - 09th, August, Monday
Passport Received in Jabalpur - 11th, August, Wednesday

Super impressed with the turnaround time considering I applied for renewal from post office and file is sent to regional passport office from there. In flat 1 week got my renewed passport.

Last edited by karan0009 : 11th August 2021 at 19:06.
Old 11th August 2021, 21:40   #2669
BHPian

Guys finally I got my passport about 2 weeks back. The ironical thing is, the policeman threw all types of tantrums which he was not at all supposed to, probably finally got scared I might take it up higher than his pay grade and released, but on the other hand the postman didn’t even bother to come to apartment hand it over to me personally, just casually gave my complex security guard the package and sent him up for signature and my mom took it on my behalf since I was not at home. Nobody seems to be doing what they are supposed to. But at last I got the passport.
Old 12th August 2021, 02:25   #2670
BHPian

Quote:
Guys finally I got my passport about 2 weeks back. The ironical thing is, the policeman threw all types of tantrums which he was not at all supposed to, probably finally got scared I might take it up higher than his pay grade and released, but on the other hand the postman didn’t even bother to come to apartment hand it over to me personally, just casually gave my complex security guard the package and sent him up for signature and my mom took it on my behalf since I was not at home. Nobody seems to be doing what they are supposed to. But at last I got the passport.
Here in Mumbai, the police and the postmen are serious about atleast the passport bit. Even in case of a renewal, the local police station will verify on call, or else just send a policeman to your address in exceptional circumstances. The postmen don't even deliver the passport if the concerned person is not at home and it is handed over to the person only after the Aadhar card is shown and the number noted down against the delivery details. Police visit is mandatory when applying for a new passport though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks