Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2022, 12:53   #2701
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Suggestion needed! I believed govt's declaration that passport could be applied anywhere in India regardless of permanent address. My permanent address is in Bangalore, but residing in Delhi for a while now (no proof of address here). I had mentioned my permanent address as I have proof's for them (Aadhar).

Now, when it comes for appointment, it only shows list of PSKs in KA state. I cannot choose any PSK in NCR region. I cannot change the application also.

What could be done to get the file to be attended by a PSK near me?
Old 15th May 2022, 12:57   #2702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
Suggestion needed! I believed govt's declaration that passport could be applied anywhere in India regardless of permanent address. My permanent address is in Bangalore, but residing in Delhi for a while now (no proof of address here). I had mentioned my permanent address as I have proof's for them (Aadhar).

Now, when it comes for appointment, it only shows list of PSKs in KA state. I cannot choose any PSK in NCR region. I cannot change the application also.

What could be done to get the file to be attended by a PSK near me?
While creating your profile/application, it asks for passport location and it gets locked to your selection. You would have noticed a pop up while creating login or filling out the form. Say you select Bangalore, then it will only show centers within Karnataka.

If you want to chose another state, then I'd suggest to create a new login with correct location (passport office) you need to apply. You can ignore the earlier login /application as long as you have not made any payments and not taken any appointment.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th May 2022 at 13:03.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 13:03   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
While creating your profile/application, it asks for passport location and it gets locked to your selection. You would have noticed a pop up while creating login or filling out the form.

If you want to chose another state, then I'd suggest to create a new login with correct location (passport office) you need to apply. You can ignore the earlier login /application as long as you have not made any payments and not taken any appointment.
Thanks. I am using my existing login which was created 10+ years ago. While filling the application, it did show a pop-up when I mentioned permanent address. If I am locked out for a particiular region, what about govt's assertion that I can apply from anywhere?

So, you just cannot apply from anywhere. Still you have to apply from the place where you have permanent address (unless you have proof for your temp address, which most of us may not have).

I think I need to re-apply again
Old 15th May 2022, 13:12   #2704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
Thanks. I am using my existing login which was created 10+ years ago. While filling the application, it did show a pop-up when I mentioned permanent address. If I am locked out for a particiular region, what about govt's assertion that I can apply from anywhere?

So, you just cannot apply from anywhere. Still you have to apply from the place where you have permanent address (unless you have proof for your temp address, which most of us may not have).

I think I need to re-apply again
It is better to double check what will work best in your scenario. Even if you select NCR for applying but your document proofs are for Bangalore, will they accept the application at NCR. Please confirm this before paying for another application.
And also, keep in mind that in case of police verification, it will be done at your residence for which you submit the proof. So plan accordingly.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th May 2022 at 13:38.
Old 26th June 2022, 13:13   #2705
BHPian

My in-laws (both above 50 Years) need to renew their passport soon. There is a question called as..

Is applicant eligible for Non-ECR category?

I guess we have to select YES for this? I am confused about what documents they will need to carry for this? I checked document advisor and since it is just renewal, it only asks 2 things, original passport and it's self attested first and last page copies and a document for the NON-ECR Category.

Can anyone help here? We don't recollect what we took last time.
Old 26th June 2022, 13:27   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I am confused about what documents they will need to carry for this?
I recently got my passport renewed.

If their previous passport is ECNR, they don't need to provide any document.
Old 30th June 2022, 22:10   #2707
BHPian

Do we have to upload any documents after taking appointment? I see there is an option but want to know whether I actually have to or just take the original and xerox copies to the PSK directly?
Old 30th June 2022, 22:25   #2708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Do we have to upload any documents after taking appointment?
No need to upload any documents after taking an appointment. Just take the originals and self attested copies along with you to the PSK.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 16:26   #2709
Senior - BHPian

Do we need to change the passport address if we are shifting residence and selling off the existing one?

This is for a relative who just got passport renewed for next 10 years but have plans to move into new house in next 6 months and will be selling off current home.
Old 13th July 2022, 17:02   #2710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Do we need to change the passport address if we are shifting residence and selling off the existing one?
Ideally, yes. But if you go in a couple of months after moving into the new home, most likely they will reject it and tell you to come only after you have proof that you have stayed in the new place for at least a year or more. Proof of this can be utility or electricity bills that are dated 12 months apart. So, IMO, better to wait for a year and then only initiate the address change.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 22:28   #2711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

This is for a relative who just got passport renewed for next 10 years but have plans to move into new house in next 6 months and will be selling off current home.
You don't need to change passport address every time you shift residence. You can get visa and travel overseas without any issues. If only reason you want to change passport is to use it as new address proof then remember that you'll need other address proof for passport application which defeats the purpose of you going to passport update. So long story short, passport update not required on every move.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 15:41   #2712
BHPian

I am planning to move to Canada. I live in Moradabad (UP) and the address on my passport is of Moradabad but the address on my wife's passport is her home address in Delhi.
Now my question is where do I need to apply for the change of address on her passport, in Delhi or Bareilly (UP) passport office?
Old 7th October 2022, 19:14   #2713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
I am planning to move to Canada. I live in Moradabad (UP) and the address on my passport is of Moradabad but the address on my wife's passport is her home address in Delhi.
Now my question is where do I need to apply for the change of address on her passport, in Delhi or Bareilly (UP) passport office?
Not sure if Canada migration has any specific requirements but based on my personal experience with immigration to other countries, no one really bothers about the address on the passport. I have traveled to mutliple countries including EU and US with my family with different address on my passport vs my family's passport and there had been no issues whatsoever. Important aspect is the passport validity /expiry date so ensure that everyone traveling has sufficient validity left.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 19:43   #2714
Senior - BHPian

+ 1 to above. No one cares if the address of the Husband/Wife is the same. One need not spend time and energy solving for something that isn’t a problem at all.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 19:28   #2715
Oxy
BHPian

Now you cannot travel to UAE if your passport has either the Given Name or Surname missing.

Source:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/in...t-9583741.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks