Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 15:06   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
My passport expired in March. Can i renew it now? or should i apply again as a fresh request?

Sorry if the question has been answered already in this thread. Tried searching.
Normally, you can renew a passport from before 1 year of expiry to after 1 year of expiry.

Apply asap.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 19:13   #302
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yes it is clearly mentioned in the PSK website/ RPO bangalore.
Postpaid mobile bill or landline bill. this category however has to have 2 bills submitted - one from current year and one from previous year. and if it is an e bill it has to have a proper stamp/seal and signature from the mobile service provider's retail store or office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Shankar,

I was surprised to know that they accepted mobile bill records which is not anywhere mentioned on the passport website or is it?
Old 27th May 2011, 12:19   #303
BHPian

I just applied for my passport renewal yesterday the 26th of May.
I had booked the appointment on 25th May at 8:05 a.m. A couple of slots open up early in the morning.

My appt was at the Lalbagh PSK. The whole procedure was pretty relaxed, I went in at 1:00 pm (1:30 pm appt) and was out by 3:00 pm.
It is preferable to be there at the reporting time, rather than early, since you will have to stand in a queue outside the building in the sun.

I had a re-issue without change of address, (they still ask for an address proof though the website says it is not required).
I submitted the following docs,
1) old pport
2) ICSE markssheet (ECR deletion)
3) Marriage certificate
4) Address proof on company letterhead. (the original needs to be submitted, a couple of guys were sent back for this, since they had got the letters by email and printed it out.)

Everything was smooth, could have been better, I didnt see a need for going through 4 desks.
Also would like to add, better to take all the documents you can produce, you never know what they can ask for.
Old 27th May 2011, 13:17   #304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by athalaga View Post
4) Address proof on company letterhead. (the original needs to be submitted, a couple of guys were sent back for this, since they had got the letters by email and printed it out.)
I didnt understand this. In my company, the address proof is issued as a pdf file, with the HR head's signature embedded. How am i prove this is an original? Color printout?
Old 27th May 2011, 13:20   #305
BHPian

Yes Benny, for us I think the color printout is the only option or we will have to run around the HR contact.
Old 27th May 2011, 13:37   #306
BHPian

Hi all,

Just back from my wife's passport renewal at PSK, Lalbagh Road, Bangalore.

In case your original passport is not issued from Bangalore, you are required to submit two address proofs. However, in case your original passport is issued from Bangalore, they are Ok with one address proof.

Please keep this in mind if your appointment is with the Lalbagh PSK. I had done my renewal a month back from the Marathalli PSK and they did not ask for any second address proof (my original passport is not from Bangalore too).

There seems to be no consistency between the website, the call centre, and the folks manning the PSK. Guess it all depends on your stars

Last edited by ajayr : 27th May 2011 at 13:52. Reason: corrected typo
Old 27th May 2011, 13:37   #307
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Yes Benny, for us I think the color printout is the only option or we will have to run around the HR contact.
Some companies like IBM even refuse to provide a seal on the printout as a policy. So, i dont see how we can force such a practice.

I would think having multiple address proofs as backup is the only way.
Old 30th May 2011, 12:57   #308
BHPian

after trying 3 times last week, I got my tatkaal appointment today (in my 4th attempt). Its scheduled for tomorrow.

I hope to get job done now.

Last edited by neo45007 : 30th May 2011 at 12:58.
Old 30th May 2011, 16:30   #309
BHPian

for all the bangy folks,

I had read somewhere that Bangalore One also accepts applications for renewal of passports. Does anybody out here have any further details and how different this would be from the regular PSKs that we have. I've been trying to get an appointment at the PSKs online but there dont seem to be any free slots and since I have a Bangalore One office very close to my residence i'm wondering if it will serve my purpose.

Thanks
Perez.
Old 30th May 2011, 16:34   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Some companies like IBM even refuse to provide a seal on the printout as a policy. So, i dont see how we can force such a practice.

I would think having multiple address proofs as backup is the only way.
Seal is not required. It is good enough to have the original copy of the HR letter in the company letter head signed by an authorized signatory. In my company, there is an option to choose between pdf download or request for original letter which will be delivered by internal courier.
Old 30th May 2011, 17:56   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez View Post
for all the bangy folks,

I had read somewhere that Bangalore One also accepts applications for renewal of passports. Does anybody out here have any further details and how different this would be from the regular PSKs that we have. I've been trying to get an appointment at the PSKs online but there dont seem to be any free slots and since I have a Bangalore One office very close to my residence i'm wondering if it will serve my purpose.

Thanks
Perez.
When I approached them, sometime around Feb/Mar 2011, they told me that they have stopped passport services in Bangalore One.
ajayr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 20:35   #312
BHPian

Thanks to everyone who has put in their invaluable suggestions regarding my passport issue. To give a brief update: my passport had 20 yrs validity, which, in accordance with notice from the US embassy had to be changed to 10 yrs validity.

I did not go through any agent, I crashed at the RPO Ahmedabad on 9 May 2011, put in the application. Incidentally, the guy at the counter shared his birthday with me, so he was glad and I was delighted.

After verifying my documents, I was guided to the fee counter where they generated a reciept of Rs. 0/- and I received my passport 10 days later. A fresh passport was issued with a new passport number, mentioning that my previous passport number had been cancelled.

Thanks a lot to everyone who has guided me in this regard.
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:30   #313
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Another update:
I had applied for the reissual of the passport and addition of pages with address change and spouse name inclusion, under tatkaal scheme last week (26th May).
I got an SMS from them on Tuesday 31st May evening stating that the passport had been despatched by Speed Post. Hot on the heels of the sms came an email saying the same thing.
Yesterday 1st June when I was out, the passport did indeed arrive.
All perfect - 10 year validity - fat booklet - bar coded etc.
Just one thing - in this newly reissued passport the whole page relating to ECNR is absent. No reference to ECNR at all. Wonder whether this is normal or not.

Police verification in tatkaal happens post delivery and receipt of the passport.

Upon checking with the local police station it appears that they havent yet received even the notice for my verification from the Police Commissioner's office.
Im supposed to check back with them on Monday.
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:45   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Just one thing - in this newly reissued passport the whole page relating to ECNR is absent. No reference to ECNR at all. Wonder whether this is normal or not.
Very much normal. They have stopped ECNR page, anyone who has completed X std is now eligible. Sounds strange isnt it but its true.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 13:28   #315
BHPian

This post will help - if you are applying in 'Tatkaal' mode.

As per my earlier post, I got an appointment on my 4th attempt.
It was on 31st of May at PSK, Marathalli - Bangalore.

My Case:-
Renewal of passport (Due to expire)

Documents submitted:-
1) Old passport xerox copy
2) Company letter head (Original for address proof)
3) One year bank statement with bank seal on all pages (Original for address proof)
4) Annexure I (Original)
5) Annexure F (Original) and xerox of peron's ID card
6) Marriage certificate (Xerox) for adding spouse's name
7) Company ID card (Xerox)

1) I arrived on time at 8.30 AM, I was let in by 9 AM and at token counter, he checked all documents (did not ask for Annexure I &F here)
2) At 9.15 AM, they collected files of all tatkaal applicants and asked us to wait.
3) At 9.30 AM, they started calling tatkaal applicants one by one and called me as well.
4) NOW - They said, "my records are not found on the system and hence if I have Annexure I & F, then only I can go for tatkaal."
5) I showed them Annexure I & F, which I had got. He found out that - Annexure F is not on 'Company letter head'. I argued that 'seal' is there, but getting it on company letter head is not possible - as the person belonged to a Govt organization which cannot issue such certificates for outside purpose on letter head. But, he didn't listen to this.

Though he said - you get it from somebody else and reach here before 4 PM and I shall allow you with the same appointment (TODAY ONLY).

6) With lot of difficulty and running around the city, I got Annexure F done again - from one Defence personnel with all required things.
7) I was allowed to walk in and issued a token. Now, at Counter A (1st hall - where they scan all your documents); the person found that my passport does not have my Father's & mother's middle name. But, I had mentioned their middle names in Annexure I & F both. So, he said 'NOT ACCEPTABLE'. I requested him and asked what I could do?

He said "I will accept your application, fees and put your case on hold; you get Annexure I & F with correct details again (Anytime - within one year ) and you are allowed to proceed.

7) I got Annexure I & F done with correct details again and reached PSK next day afternoon. I was let in and after checking both documents, I was issued a new token.

8) Finally, my application went for processing and re-issue was 'Granted'.

Huh !

So some suggestions (My learnings):-

1) Let it be - filling online form or getting Annexure I & F, make sure your details (Name, DOB, Parent's names - word to word matches with those details on your PASSPORT)
2) For tatkaal, you must have TWO address proofs (Take originals & xerox both)
3) Better to have Annexure I & F while applying for tatkaal. (They dont ask for these, only if your records are present in their system. I guess, for people who have got their passport from Bangalore, they will have your records - but never take chances).
4) For Annexure F, make sure you get it on the Person's / Organization's letter head with seal and xerox of his ID card. Make sure you have his details with you / on Annexure F (ID number, Office address, Tel, Fax and Mobile number). Letter head must have some file number / registration number for reference (I dont know, what it is - but while accepting the Annexure F, they filled all these details on their system at PSK).
3) If spouse's name to be added, either marriage certificate or Annexure D (original & xerox) is must.

I must say, if you have all the document in order; the process is real smooth. TCS is doing a great job and the experience of visiting Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) was good.

Last edited by neo45007 : 6th June 2011 at 13:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks