Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2013, 19:11   #1306
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Here is a complicated case. My son who is going to be 7yr old next March has his passport expired couple of months ago and I do not have time till this December as I'm visiting states. But the problem is not only I want to renew his passport but also like to add middle name to previous name which is on the birth certificate as well as on expired passport. Now the question is can the renewal + name change be done in one sitting or 1st I have to renew the old passport and then add middle name?

Not complicated at all. Can be done at the same time. For example, both mine and my wife's passports required renewal in 2011. We also needed to have the 'inclusion' of Spouse name on each other's passports and gave our home address changed as well.

All of these were accomplished in one sitting so to say. Just take the necessary care of all the requisite documentation and you will get your issue solved just like I did.
Old 27th October 2013, 11:15   #1307
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Not complicated at all. Can be done at the same time. For example, both mine and my wife's passports required renewal in 2011. We also needed to have the 'inclusion' of Spouse name on each other's passports and gave our home address changed as well.

All of these were accomplished in one sitting so to say. Just take the necessary care of all the requisite documentation and you will get your issue solved just like I did.
So how do I add middle name to my son's name? Is it same as it is done usually like giving ads in two newspapers?
I can't find the solution online on official website.
Old 27th October 2013, 12:09   #1308
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
So how do I add middle name to my son's name? Is it same as it is done usually like giving ads in two newspapers? I can't find the solution online on official website.
This will involve an affidavit and proof etc. Effectively it is as good as applying for a fresh passport with all the requisite proofs etc.
In the name rows you will need to fill all the names and submit the application with all proofs and then wait. Since this is a minor aged 7, it should be relatively easier than if he were an adult. I do not know whether an ad in the paper etc is required but if nothing else it will work to your advantage as further proof.
Old 27th October 2013, 14:48   #1309
BHPian

Last monday submitted the application for renewal online and also made payment for the same using the new payment portal.

Got an appointment for wednesday, this was given automatically as the next immediate available date for my selected PSK. This time i was adding my wife's name to my passport. Took all the required documents(old passport, marriage certificate & couple of address proof just incase they asked). Was out in two hours, it was smooth sailing in all the counters.

Even though i had applied through the normal route only, i got my renewed passport in hand yesterday eve. Impressed.
Old 27th October 2013, 17:46   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So how do I add middle name to my son's name? Is it same as it is done usually like giving ads in two newspapers?
I can't find the solution online on official website.
Doubt you'll need it. Recently got my passport renewed as I had my complete name in the name section with the surname section blank in the old passport. Just choose the "Minor credentials change" option and selected the appropriate option in the menu (on the passport website application form). Wasn't requested any newspaper ads or even an affidavit in my case. I doubt you'll need either as I trust the middle name (addition) would be your name(?). To be on the safer side, an affidavit could be sourced.
Old 27th October 2013, 21:04   #1311
Senior - BHPian

I was having two issues - one where all the pages were exhausted and two, where my passport expires during may 2014. I got a Tatkal application and got the appointment at PSK Lalbaug, on the 21st, monday, smooth sailing all the way - about 90 minutes. Police verification hapenned on 22nd and i got my passport in hand on the 23rd. Unbelievable !.
Old 27th October 2013, 21:13   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Doubt you'll need it. Recently got my passport renewed as I had my complete name in the name section with the surname section blank in the old passport. Just choose the "Minor credentials change" option and selected the appropriate option in the menu (on the passport website application form). Wasn't requested any newspaper ads or even an affidavit in my case. I doubt you'll need either as I trust the middle name (addition) would be your name(?). To be on the safer side, an affidavit could be sourced.
Thats good then if I don't need newspaper ads. The reason I'm worried is that his birth certificate also has no middle name (Singh) just like his expired passport.
Old 28th October 2013, 10:45   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys i need some advice. My mother's surname is wrongly printed on my passport(issued in 2008). Instead of Saha its Sahas. Is it a major issue? I had given it for rectification few years back but it was returned as it is.
Apply once again, it should be done very easily.

Waseem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Spouse name inclusion is not mandatory either. If you have your marriage certificate and the child's birth certificate, that is probably enough.
Spouse name inclusion is mandatory in one parent's PP at least.

(http://www.passport.gov.in/shimla/minors_adopted.htm) See rule no. 4.

Waseem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Need some help,

I do have a voters id/ration card which again is of a different address where no one stays. How do I get a new passport or renew my old one?

Rajesh.
Assuming that you are staying in a rented place, get the address change in your bank passbook and take one full last years bank statements and you are all set.The bank passbook should have your pic as well.If you are employed, take a letter from your HR dept mentioning that you are their employee since **** and your residential address is ****.Your LPG connection,landline phone bills etc are considered as address proof.Send me a PM if your have any other query.

Waseem.
Quote:
Here is a complicated case.

Now the question is can the renewal + name change be done in one sitting or 1st I have to renew the old passport and then add middle name?
You can do that in one sitting.No issues.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 28th October 2013 at 10:50.
Old 1st November 2013, 11:17   #1314
BHPian

Was pleasantly surprised with the new renewal process

I had uploaded the application on the 21st and got an appointment on 29th, 3pm at Chennai Aminjikarai. Reached there with some apprehensions. But found it to be good right from the front office doc validation, data capture, doc verification and final approval well streamlined. Also the office was neat spacious, with sufficient seating (for the time I was there). I received the SMS that the Passport is sent last evening by speed post (yet to receive). Also the notification at each point lets us know where it is.
Old 5th November 2013, 04:46   #1315
BHPian

Have applied for my renewal passport today along with spouse name inclusion @ PSK, Marathahalli,Bangalore, Process was smooth and it took just one hour from entry to exit , Now I have following question

1) I have changed my address during this time so Police verification is manadatory, so do I need to visit police station in Bangalore ( Mahadevapura) or they will come to my apartment for verfication

2) If they required to come to my home and I am not available in my home( Either travelling or in Office) , what can be results and how do I solve it.

3) And one last question- Post my renewed passport I planned to apply a passport for my KID ( 1.5 Yrs Old) the problem is my wife name has a additional name in her passport ( Eg : XXXXX Coimbatore XXXX ) but where as in birth certificate we have registered her name without city name ( Eg : XXXXX XXXX) so will it create problem .

Last edited by soarer : 5th November 2013 at 04:48. Reason: correction
Old 5th November 2013, 05:04   #1316
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Have applied for my renewal passport today along with spouse name inclusion @ PSK, Marathahalli,Bangalore, Process was smooth and it took just one hour from entry to exit , Now I have following question

1) I have changed my address during this time so Police verification is manadatory, so do I need to visit police station in Bangalore ( Mahadevapura) or they will come to my apartment for verfication

2) If they required to come to my home and I am not available in my home( Either travelling or in Office) , what can be results and how do I solve it.
You obviously haven't gone through this thread before asking this question which has been answered many times before.

In short, yes, you can take the verification to the cops, rather than wait for them to come to you.
Old 5th November 2013, 21:56   #1317
BHPian

@ benbsb29, My mistake should have gone through entire post before posting the query.

others can you please advice on the below query

3) And one last question- Post my renewed passport I planned to apply a passport for my KID ( 1.5 Yrs Old) the problem is my wife name has a additional name in her passport ( Eg : XXXXX Coimbatore XXXX ) but where as in birth certificate we have registered her name without city name ( Eg : XXXXX XXXX) so will it create problem .
Old 6th November 2013, 12:15   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post

Go to the PS with 2 pics and the rest of the documents like address proof etc.Your wifes name mentioned in the birth certificate will be considered, dont bother about additional name which is there in her passport.

Waseem.
Old 26th November 2013, 11:22   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This will involve an affidavit and proof etc. Effectively it is as good as applying for a fresh passport with all the requisite proofs etc.
In the name rows you will need to fill all the names and submit the application with all proofs and then wait. Since this is a minor aged 7, it should be relatively easier than if he were an adult. I do not know whether an ad in the paper etc is required but if nothing else it will work to your advantage as further proof.
I too need to add a name to the name field as per my BC. Where can I find the exact procedure to get this done? The website just says that you need to get the paper adverts etc, but how do we go about it? Is there an agent/assistance who can guide or do this in Bangalore?
Old 26th November 2013, 14:46   #1320
BHPian

Does applying for a new passport and renewal take the same amount of time ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks