Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2013, 09:44   #1291
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I am applying passport for my 5 month old kid. I have already filled application online and paid the amount through net-banking. They have allotted appointment next month 5th.

Query is..

My passport already has spouse name printed on it however in my wife's passport it's not added and also the address is different to the current one. Will this be a problem in granting the passport to my kid ?

For Infant passport should both parents passport mandatory have spouse name added to it?
When i was getting the passport done for my 3 year old then, all that was required was having the spouse name entered on one parent's passport, as well as the marriage certificate. Also, having a different address on your wife's passport does not matter.
Old 25th October 2013, 10:03   #1292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
When i was getting the passport done for my 3 year old then, all that was required was having the spouse name entered on one parent's passport, as well as the marriage certificate. Also, having a different address on your wife's passport does not matter.
Same case for me. We had no issues when we got my daughter’s passport in 2008 (when she was 15 days old), and when renewed it a few months back. The address is passport is same as mine (permanent address in Kerala), whereas my wife’s passport have her old address from Bangalore. But we got the passport done in Singapore, which actually is a much easier process when compared to applying in India.
Old 25th October 2013, 11:04   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

My query is quite similar to others. However, its better be sure!
  1. My spouse's name is not on my passport and neither is my name in her passport. Also, her passport was issued prior to marriage and we havent changed the names yet. We plan to do it only wheno our passports expire in 2016.
  2. Now, I have applied for my son's passport and I have entered my wife's name as per the new name (basically her first name + my name and last name). However, have also entered the passport number as it is. Is it correct?
  3. I am unable to download Annexure H from the website. What are the options?
  4. I have uploaded the following documents: - My Aadhar Card as address proof, My passport, my son's birth certificate. He's not born in Mumbai but Nagpur
  5. Should I have these attested by some Gazzetted officer?
  6. Would i need a letter from my society to apply for my son's passport?
  7. Would Police verification be required?
  8. How soon would the passport arrive?
Thanks!
Old 25th October 2013, 11:10   #1294
BHPian

Guys I need one help. I got my passport renewed in tatkal and got the same within 4-5 days.

Now the local SHO is asking me to travel to my hometown and sign some documents related to police verification. I'm very busy and don't want to travel unless there is no other way.

Has anyone of you gone through this process, do I need to be physically present?
Old 25th October 2013, 12:04   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Same case for me. We had no issues when we got my daughter’s passport in 2008 (when she was 15 days old), and when renewed it a few months back. The address is passport is same as mine (permanent address in Kerala), whereas my wife’s passport have her old address from Bangalore. But we got the passport done in Singapore, which actually is a much easier process when compared to applying in India.
Thank you benbsb29 & vb-san. I also called their helpline and they too assured that its just either of the parent should have spouse name printed on it.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:11   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am applying passport for my 5 month old kid. I have already filled application online and paid the amount through net-banking. They have allotted appointment next month 5th.

Query is..

My passport already has spouse name printed on it however in my wife's passport it's not added and also the address is different to the current one. Will this be a problem in granting the passport to my kid ?

For Infant passport should both parents passport mandatory have spouse name added to it?
If one parent has spouse name in his/her passport, it is more than enough.

Your passport will suffice as address proof for your kid.Just carry the below mentioned docs in original (and photocopy)

1, Birth Certificate
2. Annexure H &
3, Your and your wife's PP

Waseem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Guys,

My query is quite similar to others. However, its better be sure!
Here is what you need to do now.

1, You cannot get your sons pp unless either of you has spouse name endorsed in your PP, get the same done ASAP.

These docs (Original and Photocopy) are more than enough to get a PP for your son.

1, Birth Certificate
2. Annexure H &
3, Your and your wife's PP (as his address proof)

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXUREH_minor.htm (For Annexure H)

Waseem

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post

Now the local SHO is asking me to travel to my hometown and sign some documents related to police verification. I'm very busy and don't want to travel unless there is no other way.
Collect the docs from SHO,courier it to someone in your hometown who will get them signed and will send it back to you.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 25th October 2013 at 12:23.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:30   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
If one parent has spouse name in his/her passport, it is more than enough.

Your passport will suffice as address proof for your kid.Just carry the below mentioned docs in original (and photocopy)

1, Birth Certificate
2. Annexure H &
3, Your and your wife's PP

Waseem.

Here is what you need to do now.

1, You cannot get your sons pp unless either of you has spouse name endorsed in your PP, get the same done ASAP.

These docs (Original and Photocopy) are more than enough to get a PP for your son.

1, Birth Certificate
2. Annexure H &
3, Your and your wife's PP (as his address proof)

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXUREH_minor.htm (For Annexure H)

Waseem
Endorsing the name takes how many days? My passport has my father's and mother's name in it; but I have my marriage certificate which has our photographs pasted in it.
Old 25th October 2013, 13:31   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

Collect the docs from SHO,courier it to someone in your hometown who will get them signed and will send it back to you.

Waseem.
Thanks Wassem, I guess I was not able to word my query correctly. What I mean is, the SHO at my hometown wants me to come there and sign the documents. I gave my permanent and present address as that of my hometown, since I wanted my permanent address reflected in the passport.

So now I wanted to know if anyone else got the renewal done through tatkal, and do we have to sign the docs ourselves, or some workaround is there. Say, I got my passport and flew abroad, then what will happen?
Old 25th October 2013, 15:11   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post

So now I wanted to know if anyone else got the renewal done through tatkal, and do we have to sign the docs ourselves, or some workaround is there. Say, I got my passport and flew abroad, then what will happen?
There is no other option here, you have to there and sign the documents.But,If you have any CONNECTIONS in your hometown, then these documents can be collected by someone from PS and couriered to you and then you can do the needful.

There is a CATCH here which very few of us know, since all the new Passports are machine readable,they will become active only after police verification and till that time they are just piece of paper but this is true only for fresh applications, not renewal cases(For Tatkal).If the mandatory police verification is not done in a stipulated time set by MEA,(for renewal) your passport may also become invalid.

Waseem.
Old 25th October 2013, 20:39   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Guys i need some advice. My mother's surname is wrongly printed on my passport(issued in 2008). Instead of Saha its Sahas. Is it a major issue? I had given it for rectification few years back but it was returned as it is.
Old 25th October 2013, 22:51   #1301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Unless the rules have changed drastically in the last few years, your child should be issued a passport if both parents have valid passports. The addresses in parents' passports do not matter. My kid was issued a passport in Bangalore when both my wife and I had Mumbai adresses listed in ours. We did howeve have to show proof of residence in Bangalore for 1 year+.

Spouse name inclusion is not mandatory either. If you have your marriage certificate and the child's birth certificate, that is probably enough.
Old 25th October 2013, 23:34   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Did you had to shell out anything in Koramangala PS? I have heard from my friends that Electronic City PS charges Rs.500/- :(
I did not pay any money. I don't think they will not ask you for 500 directly. They will try asking you some questions, try to read your mind and then ask for the money if they feel you will cough up.

They dont want a TV9 sting for sure.
Old 26th October 2013, 11:03   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Gotta say TCS team does an awesome job.

Got my renewed passport in 3 days!
Old 26th October 2013, 11:26   #1304
vdi
BHPian

Need some help,

my passport expired some 10 years ago and now am planning to renew it. The problem is, the address in the passport is Trivandrum but the property is sold off and I don't have any documents to prove my address at the current place. I do have a voters id/ration card which again is of a different address where no one stays. How do I get a new passport or renew my old one?

Rajesh.
Old 26th October 2013, 18:32   #1305
BHPian

Here is a complicated case.

My son who is going to be 7yr old next March has his passport expired couple of months ago and I do not have time till this December as I'm visiting states.

But the problem is not only I want to renew his passport but also like to add middle name to previous name which is on the birth certificate as well as on expired passport.
Now the question is can the renewal + name change be done in one sitting or 1st I have to renew the old passport and then add middle name?

Most Viewed